What Are Those Green Numbered Number Plates With Normal White Background?

Just got back from 'Bang Yai' Market.....

mid 90's white ISUZU DRAGON EYE 2 door single cab pickup, Fruit & Veg in the back 100% NO SEATS

number plate white with blue letters ???

I have been stopped for Driving a Scania Tractor Trailer Unit several times at Checkpoints. I do have a full HGV Class 1, i took it for the Experience 40 years back. and never have a Container in tow, just the Tractor Cab. Sometimes i have the Thai Driver who is too tired to drive, they don't ask him anything, just look at the papers,and seem to find it Funny a Ferang driving.I'm sure its not Legal though. Sweaty Pies no Fool, i enjoyed reading his reply, nice one.

mid 90's white ISUZU DRAGON EYE 2 door single cab pickup, Fruit & Veg in the back 100% NO SEATS

foldable seats allowed

or seats removed but not bothered to change in reg book?

foldable seats allowed

or seats removed but not bothered to change in reg book?

Yes......... Just wondered feel sure I have seen this open pick up last year at the Hospital where I stayed for 5 days, anything to do with belonging to a Hospital = blue numbers ?

There again is is at least 15+ years old so you could well have the right answer

By the Way Nissan told me when i bought a Big M when it first came out to have Black on White,and not Green, for the same reason as S.P. Stated,all the blokes in my Transport department seem to say the Same, ive just asked 4 anyway.:jap:

By the Way Nissan told me when i bought a Big M when it first came out to have Black on White,and not Green, for the same reason as S.P. Stated,all the blokes in my Transport department seem to say the Same, ive just asked 4 anyway.:jap:

are you to saying there are different speedlimits for pickups depending on green on white or black on white plates?

Youre not allowed in the Third Lane on Expressways, and should stick to the lower truck speed limit. Not giving a hoot for speedlimits , ive foregotten the fine print, but there are benefits for B on W.. I have been stopped by Highway Cops in a borrowed truck, near Sin City for 3Rd Lane and over whatever speed. I must be the odd one out, i find the Cops O.K. here. Nissan didnt stand to Cash In, so why advise. ,,but i tend to be a bit " So What" here, no one cares much anyway, only a Few Ferangs.The Cops up here are Pissed most Days. Im told the Cops in Supanburi are very hard on Plates,but thats heresay.

Oh ! lumy not again, anyone for gas in tyres.:lol: :lol:

It's been proven you can get better performance using a special blend of gases in your tires. I use 79% nitrogen, 21% oxygen.

Only if used with the Correct Number Plates.Who gives a Kippers Dick anyway.:whistling: Just passes the time.

It's been proven you can get better performance using a special blend of gases in your tires. I use 79% nitrogen, 21% oxygen.

If it is done here then l wouldn't be so precise with the percentages OR what is actually in your tyres. :lol:

A compressed breath of fresh(ish) air!

• 3 weeks later...
The major classifier for vehicle taxes, except import and domestic manufactored, is wether vehicle is build on chassie/frame or monocoque, engine cc/hp, and not number of seats/rows. All monocoques are classed as cars in TH even pickups. Except one vehicle class, busses where moncoque is allowed excice free for minimum 10 seats

Once you exclude "import and domestic manufactored" vehicles there are no other vehicles in Thailand. The only pickup built on a monocoque chassis on the road in Thailand, apart from a very few one-off imports, is the Nissan NV. All have green on white plates (not black on white) and are taxed, registered and insured as pick-ups (not cars).

The various speed limits for different classes of vehicles are prominently displayed on any expressway and most highways, usually together, most often by the motorway entrances and toll booths.

The major classifier for vehicle taxes, except import and domestic manufactored, is wether vehicle is build on chassie/frame or monocoque, engine cc/hp, and not number of seats/rows. All monocoques are classed as cars in TH even pickups. Except one vehicle class, busses where moncoque is allowed excice free for minimum 10 seats

Once you exclude "import and domestic manufactored" vehicles there are no other vehicles in Thailand. The only pickup built on a monocoque chassis on the road in Thailand, apart from a very few one-off imports, is the Nissan NV. All have green on white plates (not black on white) and are taxed, registered and insured as pick-ups (not cars).

The various speed limits for different classes of vehicles are prominently displayed on any expressway and most highways, usually together, most often by the motorway entrances and toll booths.

Sorry if I wasnt clear enough for you

I guess I should have said

the most important subject for deciding taxes, is if vehicle is manufactored in TH/ASEAN or it is imported from other countries

Then there are other factors to consern, to decide excisetaxes, as stated above

all excicetaxes are calcultaed on vehicles value and importduty, making vehicles qualifiying for importduty significantly more expensive than domestic/asean manufatcored vehicles

According to the Highwaycode and signs at Highways when entering every Province, speed limit is the same for every 4 wheel vehicle with Tabien Lech regardless of color of letters on plate

There are no motorways in Thailand, I assume you are thinking about Highways and Expressways, some Expressways do have tollbooths. On Expressways passengers in bed are not allowed, and load must be covered, black on white and green on white plates

I don't think we can be talking the same language, which makes communication rather difficult.

I wasn't talking about taxes, neither as far as I can see was anyone else. The subject as I understood it was vehicle classification by number plates, not excise or any other taxes.

By "motorways" I was talking about roads specifically designated as "motorways" (ทางหลวงพิเศษระหว่างเมือง) by the Thai Cabinet and EXAT (the Expressway Authority of Thailand) such as Routes 7 and 9 and the planned Routes 5, 6 and 8, and about "motorways" generally as defined internationally by the OECD, ECMT, BS and ITE which include Thailand's Expressways, Highways and Tollways.

Sorry, I don't know how to be any clearer.

Well I have been running around in a Nissan Kingcab for the last 4 years, green numbers on a white plate & annual road tax 1,050 Baht.

Now upgraded to a Toyota Hilux double cab, black letter/numbers on a white plate, road tax 6,800 Baht.

Ouch, must be some benefits for a sharp increase there, perhaps I can stay in the outside lane all the time on Route 21, just like the Fortuna's, Camy, Accords etc.

This in the republic of south Phetchabun.

:ph34r:

Well I have been running around in a Nissan Kingcab for the last 4 years, green numbers on a white plate & annual road tax 1,050 Baht.

Now upgraded to a Toyota Hilux double cab, black letter/numbers on a white plate, road tax 6,800 Baht.

Ouch, must be some benefits for a sharp increase there, perhaps I can stay in the outside lane all the time on Route 21, just like the Fortuna's, Camy, Accords etc.

This in the republic of south Phetchabun.

:ph34r:

legal rearseat, insured and registered for 5 is the major difference, ad 3000cc

I don't think we can be talking the same language, which makes communication rather difficult.

I wasn't talking about taxes, neither as far as I can see was anyone else. The subject as I understood it was vehicle classification by number plates, not excise or any other taxes.

By "motorways" I was talking about roads specifically designated as "motorways" (ทางหลวงพิเศษระหว่างเมือง) by the Thai Cabinet and EXAT (the Expressway Authority of Thailand) such as Routes 7 and 9 and the planned Routes 5, 6 and 8, and about "motorways" generally as defined internationally by the OECD, ECMT, BS and ITE which include Thailand's Expressways, Highways and Tollways.

Sorry, I don't know how to be any clearer.

you quote and reply to my post about taxes, but "wasnt talking about taxes"? Vehicle classfication by numberplates is about taxes and the use of vehicles.

The Thai word "specialHighwayfortown", does not translate to "motorways".

you quote and reply to my post about taxes, but "wasnt talking about taxes"? Vehicle classfication by numberplates is about taxes and the use of vehicles.

Correct - I was talking about "the use of vehicles", not "taxes" or whether a vehicle was "manufactored in TH/ASEAN or it is imported from other countries" which have nothing to do with vehicle classification - the classification decides the tax, not the other way round.

The Thai word "specialHighwayfortown", does not translate to "motorways".

Maybe not according to you, but that is exactly what it translates to according to Thailand's Department of Highways (yes, that was a link); page 8 is headed Inter-City Motorway Projects, and page 9 is a map of the Master Plan of the Inter-City Motorway Network.

Edited by LeCharivari