Steel Fabricator/Welder

petercallen

>>If you charged 4 days basic wage where you come from for a hours work you would not get any work

So true, so why didn't you get a queue of bidders lining up to do the work for 250 baht?

Who said anything about 250 baht, not me, maybe thats what you would want to pay

everyone who has done any work for me are happy to come back in the future if i want anything else done :)

Interesting post KBB, You say 1000 baht for 30 minutes work is a fair price.

1000 baht for a 8 hour day works out to 16000 baht or $500 for a 8 hour day

You pay 400 a day which works out to 50 baht a hour

There is little or no maintenance on a electric welder, i will check again but i believe you can buy one in Home PRO for under 6000 baht

what I meant to say is that having a car with welder come, do a 30 minutes job and charge 1.000 baht seems reasonable to me. I am more concerned about quality of job and people actually showing up when agreed on, than saving a few hundre baht on a one time job I guess.

Having owned all kinds of electric tools here in Phuket, they all need maintance due to the humid salty air and sand in the air. Some of them simply die beyond repair. Dead jackhammers, anglegrinders, highpressurewashers, aircompressors you name it for sale. Welder still alive after repairs. Just kidding, gave the dead machines away ;)

You're talking out both sides of your mouth. First you b*tch about how it's so expensive and the workers should do one hours work for a daily rate, then you say you pay handsomely. Which is it?

One days wages for a handyman 400/500 baht not a 1000 baht or i can get as many as i want at 300 baht a day for easy painting jobs

You are the one who said 250 baht a day, not me

Bigger jobs i get a quote on and if they do a good job and the price is reasonable i tip them extra

I employ Thai people when ever possible and avoid farang run businesses and always get a better price for the same job

>>I want another small welding job done on site and was quoted 1000 baht for a half hours work

I have found someone else who will do the necessary work for 200/300 Baht once i have the necessary pieces

Unfortunately they do not have the equipment required to do the gate job

>> it seems you know nothing about Thailand, 1000 Baht is 4 days basic wage in Phuket

The job i was talking about is welding 7 spear type points on steel fence

5000 baht, get real, i could buy a welder for that amount and do it myself

>>You are the one who said 250 baht a day, not me

I rest my case. Back to you and your own words there PC ( after you do the math, if you can do the math) :).

Edited by steelepulse

>>I want another small welding job done on site and was quoted 1000 baht for a half hours work

I have found someone else who will do the necessary work for 200/300 Baht once i have the necessary pieces

Unfortunately they do not have the equipment required to do the gate job

>> it seems you know nothing about Thailand, 1000 Baht is 4 days basic wage in Phuket

The job i was talking about is welding 7 spear type points on steel fence

5000 baht, get real, i could buy a welder for that amount and do it myself

>>You are the one who said 250 baht a day, not me

I rest my case. Back to you and your own words there PC ( after you do the math, if you can do the math) :).

You are quoting from post 16, i was replying to another poster who said he would do the job for 5000 baht

You seem to stop up very late to find a way to distort my post

If anyone reads post 16 they will see what i mean :jap: