Briton Was 'Beaten To Death On Koh Samui - 'He Did Not Drown'

webfact

How the hell did a local post mortem get this wrong in the first place? Are the lungs filled with water? No, therfore he did not drown, its not rocket science.

Well I have covered a murder here in which the victim had boiling oll poured over her after she was beaten up and the police recorded that she fell from a roof

Maybe she slipped on the oil, and the fall killed her?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There does seem to be a disproportionately high murder rate for foreigners running successful businesses in some of Thailand's main tourist destinations (Phuket, Pattaya, Koh Samui, Hua Hin).

Just one more of the usual "coincidences" in Thailand.

I have said this before and I will say it again.

"If you are murdered in Thailand there is a strong possibility the truth will never come out It will never be fully investigated"

Fact is many Thais are victims and the assasin is never found or it is even deemed to be "foul play" by the police.

Why do you think Thailand is top of the list of many countries (outside of war zones) of "Most dangerous places to visit".?

Furthermore it's about time the FCO of the UK got off their asses and demand justice for British Citizens from the Thai government and tell them advice will be issued .to tourists . NOT TO VISIT THAILAND

people have to realise it is NOT they dont want to help, it is a case of THEY CANT.

they are NOT allowed to interfer with the local police , courts, rulings ect, they can only open an objection to such a ruling.

how many deaths a year are there here, arrests, accedents, losts passports, people in hosptials ect, .... thousands, and they are all tied into alot of paperwork

how many consal officers are there? 10 at the most, they are trying to recruit more, but the UK goverment will not fund the embassey

i know there are alot of Bashers out there , me for one sometimes, but sinse i have a friend work there, they are under so much strain and preaure, ( not to mention the 250 Plus plus brits in prison here they have to look after !! )

for things to change, the UK goverment need to stop wasting money , IE 650 million quid to pakistian, why not send that money here to employ 1000 extra consal staff to take care of the needs and well being of actua british people

Interested to know what input the British Embassy has had on this case?

further from this post

snapback.pngKKvampire, on 2011-05-31 11:33:20, said:

"If you are murdered in Thailand there is a strong possibility the truth will never come out It will never be fully investigated"

Fact is many Thais are victims and the assasin is never found or it is even deemed to be "foul play" by the police.

Why do you think Thailand is top of the list of many countries (outside of war zones) of "Most dangerous places to visit".?

Furthermore it's about time the FCO of the UK got off their asses and demand justice for British Citizens from the Thai government and tell them advice will be issued .to tourists . NOT TO VISIT THAILAND

further from this post

and the point to this is it COULD be easily solved, but as an example, as a brit here for many years i have a far few good connections, and i have been asked 3 times to be a consul in Bangkok with a few other brits, but as we are employeed LOCALLY we get the local salary of 35 K a month, which is nothing, with FCO consuls who maybe on a first post here being paid a uk wage of 100 K a month plus house plus plus plus

no one can live on 35 K a month, but we are mored qualified for the job then the UK assigned consuls, but as i was told at the embassey, all red tape

allocate a uk salary to 10-15 long term buiness expats who known the system and the ' Insiders ' in the thai system, and brits will be better off in thailand

further from this post

So in answer to my original question - it's likely that they have done F all again?

further from this post

and the point to this is it COULD be easily solved, but as an example, as a brit here for many years i have a far few good connections, and i have been asked 3 times to be a consul in Bangkok with a few other brits, but as we are employeed LOCALLY we get the local salary of 35 K a month, which is nothing, with FCO consuls who maybe on a first post here being paid a uk wage of 100 K a month plus house plus plus plus

no one can live on 35 K a month, but we are mored qualified for the job then the UK assigned consuls, but as i was told at the embassey, all red tape

allocate a uk salary to 10-15 long term buiness expats who known the system and the ' Insiders ' in the thai system, and brits will be better off in thailand

If you want to compare to u.k. wages, forget it. If you are here and living and have a local income of 35k Quote Cannot...

WHAT......... if I had that I would have a better car than a Toyota VIOS, better motor bike than a Honda airblade a better condo than the one I have, and not a detatched walled property in Udon. I live on far less than that, What do you want a month ????

If you want to compare to u.k. wages, forget it. If you are here and living and have a local income of 35k Quote Cannot...

WHAT......... if I had that I would have a better car than a Toyota VIOS, better motor bike than a Honda airblade a better condo than the one I have, and not a detatched walled property in Udon. I live on far less than that, What do you want a month ????

I think 35k for a lot of people would be difficult to survive on. You are living in Udon, and it is certainly cheaper there, but for those that might be living in some of the more expensive areas Phuket, Samui and Bangkok 35k is peanuts.

I would imagine pretty good within the limited frame of operation. The Embassy have one of their best hon cons on Koh Samui, if not the best. Crispin Paton-Smith has confirmed he received Embassy help

Let’s be thankful that this guy has a good friend who at least took the time and effect to investigate for him and establish that the injuries sustained are not consistent with suicide.

I would question why the, generous allowanced and overpaid British Consular staff are not involved, and why they did not bring to the attention of the Thai authorities the inconsistent nature of this poor guys injuries with suicide? They make you apply to Hong Kong and charge nearly twice what you would pay for a passport in the UK. Their excuse being that the difference goes towards helping distressed UK citizens abroad. Yet they have the reputation of doing the least for their own citizens by all western & European countries.

There is no excuse for their lack of involvement and indifference. How many times have people posted on this forum about such instances.

people have to realise it is NOT they dont want to help, it is a case of THEY CANT.

they are NOT allowed to interfer with the local police , courts, rulings ect, they can only open an objection to such a ruling.

how many deaths a year are there here, arrests, accedents, losts passports, people in hosptials ect, .... thousands, and they are all tied into alot of paperwork

how many consal officers are there? 10 at the most, they are trying to recruit more, but the UK goverment will not fund the embassey

i know there are alot of Bashers out there , me for one sometimes, but sinse i have a friend work there, they are under so much strain and preaure, ( not to mention the 250 Plus plus brits in prison here they have to look after !! )

for things to change, the UK goverment need to stop wasting money , IE 650 million quid to pakistian, why not send that money here to employ 1000 extra consal staff to take care of the needs and well being of actua british people

I think 35k for a lot of people would be difficult to survive on. You are living in Udon, and it is certainly cheaper there, but for those that might be living in some of the more expensive areas Phuket, Samui and Bangkok 35k is peanuts.

It's only difficult if your lifestyle demands it. Do not stay at the Oriental Hotel when you would be very comfortable elsewere. up to you and It is not my business if you have to live up market -over the top. Forgive me as I was only commenting on your Quote( cannot on 35k) I have been at Savoy down to Buffalo dwellings. In England if you frequent up market food places-wining and dining you have to pay the said going rate. 35k living here is a dam good wage, and enjoy luxuries. BUT NOT in corrupt areas like you mentioned paying over the odds. this is a little off topic, but will mention on topic the injustice being done here in most death and accident related things, it does prove beyond doubt it is not as safe as we all make believe. excuse my hard line regarding (35k ) living.;)

It's only difficult if your lifestyle demands it. Do not stay at the Oriental Hotel when you would be very comfortable elsewere. up to you and It is not my business if you have to live up market -over the top. Forgive me as I was only commenting on your Quote( cannot on 35k) I have been at Savoy down to Buffalo dwellings. In England if you frequent up market food places-wining and dining you have to pay the said going rate. 35k living here is a dam good wage, and enjoy luxuries. BUT NOT in corrupt areas like you mentioned paying over the odds. this is a little off topic, but will mention on topic the injustice being done here in most death and accident related things, it does prove beyond doubt it is not as safe as we all make believe. excuse my hard line regarding (35k ) living.;)

Firstly, it wasn't me that said "cannot" - my words said " 35k for a lot of people would be difficult to survive on". Secondly, I don't stay at The Oriental (well, only for three days last month, and it was nice :)). I don't really understand your point about living in corrupt areas - Bangkok is pretty much ok from my experience of living there, but 35K would be difficult to live on - if I had a property in Udon then it probably would be fine. As for Phuket and Samui, they have always been more expensive, and that's not just down to corruption. You are comparing apples to oranges when you look at costs of living in Udon V those other places mentioned. I believe the 35k was mentioned by Boater regarding salaries offered by The British Embassy, and why there is not more assistance to Brits overseas. Anyway well of the topic, a sad story - which hopefully will be investigated properly bt The BIB :bah: , although unlikely.

There was a bit on-line about it in the Thai press last Wednesday (25/05/11). Initially they reported it as follows:

He was last seen by his employees leaving his beer bar on Chawaeng beach on the evening of the 24th May saying he was going to get a tattoo done. Apparently he was fond of tattoos, his whole torso was covered in them, and he liked drinking.

His body was found in an isolated and dark reservoir on its side, with the head under the water. Nearby was an empty rucksack and a bottle of whiskey. Police think he lost his his balance, fell in and drowned while sitting drinking at the water's edge. They estimate that he'd been dead for about 4-5 hours and have sent the body to Ko Samui hospital to determine the cause of death.

http://www.isnhotnews.com/2011/05/%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%B8%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%8A%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A4%E0%B8%A9%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%AD%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%B2/

Edited by katana

A Farang who both operates a bar and associates with the Bandidos MC is not exactly your mainstream Farang bar owner. Now personally I have only had polite public interactions with Bandidos members, but I am not so naive as to think that these folks are angels. My hunch is that this case will become quite complex.

The warnings go out here to farangs staying long term in Thailand, which is; Do not become involved!

Avoid business ventures within the sex industry, such as bars and massage parlours.

Watch your backs those successful owners in the restaurant businesses, as there are those that want to be more successful than you and gain a main foothold into your territory, it has become cutthroat.

Consider carefully when financing land and real estate, many have died in land disputes.

Try not to become romantically involved with Thai women from the underclass's or other such Thais.

Stay safe and use common sense when living here in Thailand, if you value your well being and life that is.

In other words, don`t dive in the pool if you think it`s too deep.

Edited by Beetlejuice

The warnings go out here to farangs staying long term in Thailand, which is; Do not become involved!

Avoid business ventures within the sex industry, such as bars and massage parlours.

Watch your backs those successful owners in the restaurant businesses, as there are those that want to be more successful than you and gain a main foothold into your territory, it has become cutthroat.

Consider carefully when financing land and real estate, many have died in land disputes.

Try not to become romantically involved with Thai women from the underclass's or other such Thais.

Stay safe and use common sense when living here in Thailand, if you value your well being and life that is.

Are you for real or do you think you are something better or by any chance a racist???

If you are to scared to live here why you not just go home??

That s the most hilarious Bullshit I ever read.

And guess what there are loads of Foreign people for example in Bangkok who are involved in the Sex Industry.

But of Course you need muscles and or be well connected.

But certainly you need to have this assets as well in any other Country if you want to get involved in that Industry

Got it???

Are you for real or do you think you are something better or by any chance a racist???

And guess what there are loads of Foreign people for example in Bangkok who are involved in the Sex Industry.

But certainly you need to have this assets as well in any other Country if you want to get involved in that Industry

Got it???

Good post mate,is he honestly giving advise,because thats some bullshit khun Beetlejuice.U obviously are an expert in this area,i think not.Forgot to say,wash your mouth out racist human

Got it???

Good post mate,is he honestly giving advise,because thats some bullshit khun Beetlejuice.U obviously are an expert in this area,i think not.Forgot to say,wash your mouth out racist human

I make no claims to be expert at anything, it`s just common sense and this has nothing to do with racism.

I quoted Thais because we are in Thailand. Or perhaps I should rephrase what I said and just say; underclasses or undesirables, meaning those of the criminal elements.

What people do or become involved with is their business and when they find themselves becoming immersed in situations that they are unable to control and the worst happens, then they have no one else to blame but themselves.

As I said, they get involved at their own risks.

It is easy to live in Thailand and easy to get destroyed here also.

Of course I'm scared, or perhaps extra cautious is the right term, because I am in a foreign country with no statutory rights and vulnerable much more then a Thai citizen, so I try to do things in ways that do not create dangerous situations for me or put me at the mercy of the police or criminal gangs.

Even back in my own country I would do the same.

All I am saying is, just play carefully that's all and I mean that with good intentions and sincerity.

As the wise man says; it`s your funeral, buddy.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Deleted some posts, insensitive & nonsensical. Please keep on topic. For some of you posters out there, please show some respect, if it's too much for you to do that, refrain from commenting.

Please stay on topic, any further off topic posts will be removed.

Thank you.

people using the race card when there was no racism in the comments :whistling:

Surely if Beetlejuice is racist he would have said to avoid all thais, this can only be racist if the criminal underclass that he warns about are a race, which they are not.

Take your petty mudslinging and accusations of racism elsewhere, this is not really the thread for that,

How the hell did a local post mortem get this wrong in the first place? Are the lungs filled with water? No, therfore he did not drown, its not rocket science.

I agree and it just goes to show the quality of physicians in Thailand if they can't tell the difference between someone being beaten to a pulp and someone drowning. But lets not forget you can buy your degrees from your local university in Thailand. Maybe the person who did the autopsy here also did them in the mystery deaths in Chiangmai as well. Seems as tho they do not know the difference between an apple and an elephant. Maybe it is a quick convenient way to write off a farang death.

I don't see what happened to my posted? it seems to have been off topic or misplaced.

Where is his bike? Did anybody account for it? Is it missing? He went out for a tatoo I assume he didn't walk. Can you leave the Island with it and not have been video taped by a security cam - I assume it is on the Island or took a ferry ride. Maybe it is at home but didn't recall mention of it. I assume it is not a wave 110.

I don't see what happened to my posted? it seems to have been off topic or misplaced.

Where is his bike? Did anybody account for it? Is it missing? He went out for a tatoo I assume he didn't walk. Can you leave the Island with it and not have been video taped by a security cam - I assume it is on the Island or took a ferry ride. Maybe it is at home but didn't recall mention of it. I assume it is not a wave 110.

He's Harley is in his bar.

Got it???

Please don't forget that this is a country that is built around a class system and it is an active and daily part of the social system. This is Thailand. An emerging nation. It is unwise to project your assumptions onto the way of life here and a measure of your ignorance that you do so with such anger.

R

Security cam?

What security cam!

:w00t: