Bmw Reliability

Hey,

Was just driving through sukhumvit road today and the traffic was blocked because of the fact that a nice looking new bmw 5 series last year model was not working and blocked the road

although not sure what the problem was but the owner was looking in the hood

whats up with the reliability with bmws these days?

Having spent a fair time at B.M.i can only add the Owners here freak out on the Sevice Charges,and believe it or not go to Nops Auto Shed after the 1St Service.. Then they come back dissapointed its Donald Ducked..., often very badly. I am a Diehard Fan, but cant deny there are stupid faults.

Having spent a fair time at B.M.i can only add the Owners here freak out on the Sevice Charges,and believe it or not go to Nops Auto Shed after the 1St Service.. Then they come back dissapointed its Donald Ducked..., often very badly. I am a Diehard Fan, but cant deny there are stupid faults.

Sold mine just as the BSI was about to run out.....then serious money is required when things go wrong.

I had the leads in my engine chewed out by rats last year while on holiday, not covered on warranty 65,000 B, I have now brought a Fiesta, wonder if they did it again what it would cost 10k tops I would imagine

Sold mine just as the BSI was about to run out.....then serious money is required when things go wrong.

I had the leads in my engine chewed out by rats last year while on holiday, not covered on warranty 65,000 B, I have now brought a Fiesta, wonder if they did it again what it would cost 10k tops I would imagine

Nah, no worries Mate, Thai Rats are choosie.:D

Perhaps it was a simple electrical fault... A dealer told me that the BMW's / Merc's have so much technology, that as soon as the computer detects something is wrong it shuts down the engine...

well then you cant really rely on bmw and mercs imagine doing off-road in hills and the only thing you can rely on is your car and if something is wrong the so called high tech will switch off the engine and you are stuck.....

Perhaps it was a simple electrical fault... A dealer told me that the BMW's / Merc's have so much technology, that as soon as the computer detects something is wrong it shuts down the engine...

well then you cant really rely on bmw and mercs imagine doing off-road in hills and the only thing you can rely on is your car and if something is wrong the so called high tech will switch off the engine and you are stuck.....

fine vehicles in BKK area, where trained techs are available.

In the rest of the country they are most frequent flatbed users to and from BKK :lol: :lol:

The BSI(5 years) on my 520D runs out soon. Up to now all that I have had to pay for is one new set of tyres, so quite pleased. Its had all the usual work done..oil changes, new front discs and pads, brake fluid change,microfilter ets etc. Have been quite pleased with the work done so far.

If I can find this thread again I'll update when and what I have to pay. Hopefully you will have to wait a while as it's 13000kms to the oil change which the computer says is the next job. The battery has lasted well and still turns the engine over at the moment! But for how long?

Edited by JAS21

The BSI(5 years) on my 520D runs out soon. Up to now all that I have had to pay for is one new set of tyres, so quite pleased. Its had all the usual work done..oil changes, new front discs and pads, brake fluid change,microfilter ets etc. Have been quite pleased with the work done so far.

If I can find this thread again I'll update when and what I have to pay. Hopefully you will have to wait a while as it's 13000kms to the oil change which the computer says is the next job. The battery has lasted well and still turns the engine over at the moment! But for how long?

You mean you payed for the 5 year maintance and parts replacements when you purchased the car, not free. A 520d costs new 300k less with the 5 year BSI reduced to 1 year/30k km BSI

You mean you payed for the 5 year maintance and parts replacements when you purchased the car, not free. A 520d costs new 300k less with the 5 year BSI reduced to 1 year/30k km BSI

NO..it was a demo car...actually I believe the very first to come available and we have been really happy with it. We looked at the new 525d but as the car is going well decided not at the moment. I must admit that I haven't seen any BMW advertised without the 5year BSI. I thought that it was standard on them all.

By the way it's not a boat and certainly does not have an anchor so the word should really be paid. Now I await the english teachers and bible readers. :)