Time Shares

That's not what I was trying to say. If the deal is legitimate then buyer's remorse is not indicative of fraud or a con, whilst there no doubt countless examples of such operations there does exist legitimate operations (whether they represent value for money is another issue). Seems a hate thread aimed at time share, Ive not ever meet anyone that said 'i wont go Samui again because I got stopped outside 7/11 with a scratch card...' . I used the word dumb I should of said gullible, but these people would lose their money anywhere, Spain, Portugal, Florida or back home, Id rather see them spend their money in Samui (if they are gonna throw it around) on whatever the fees are so at least some of it goes back into the economy via way of timeshare guys drinking, all the marketing that is not scratch card based (although someone has to print them too), construction of new showrooms, stuff that if you got business here you indirectly benefit etc.. etc.. that the only point I was trying to make, a bit of balance..

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's not what I was trying to say. If the deal is legitimate then buyer's remorse is not indicative of fraud or a con, whilst there no doubt countless examples of such operations there does exist legitimate operations (whether they represent value for money is another issue). Seems a hate thread aimed at time share, Ive not ever meet anyone that said 'i wont go Samui again because I got stopped outside 7/11 with a scratch card...' . I used the word dumb I should of said gullible, but these people would lose their money anywhere, Spain, Portugal, Florida or back home, Id rather see them spend their money in Samui (if they are gonna throw it around) on whatever the fees are so at least some of it goes back into the economy via way of timeshare guys drinking, all the marketing that is not scratch card based (although someone has to print them too), construction of new showrooms, stuff that if you got business here you indirectly benefit etc.. etc.. that the only point I was trying to make, a bit of balance..

there are allot of people that have left Spain due to antie time share con men.

Infact Spain has a reputation for it

yes people might not say that they do not want to come back because someone offered them a sctract card but they might be proper pissed off if they got drawn in to via that card.

It is a fraud a trick thats it. If these people had an office saying time shares for sale. then i would not have a problem.

there is a reason why they do not have this office and have to do dirty tricking tactics. thst is because no one would come it.

Time shares are just another problem in Samui that need fixing along with electric roads jet ski mafia water. The list goes on.

Time shares do not beneifit the island they hinder it. Also Bangkok airways.

If all these things could be fixed then quality of this fantasy destination might improve.

found a man attacking ( verbally ) some tourists near Bandara. I was going to stop and warn these people but i was in a hurry.

They are still at large driving up and down under cover on motorbikes. looking for some lost tourists.

If the tourist police want to do something worth while then do the same dress up as lost forang and wait to be apporached then nick the a +++ b++++ste__ :unsure:

I assume you would be happy with them nicking the Thai OPCs as well........???..also the Thai receptionists, accounting staff etc???

i don't give a monkey's

Wow, thats a real charming attitude to have towards people that have welcomed you to their island......maybe if more people were as nice :bah: as you the world would be a better place :D

And???....'clutching at straws' springs to mind....so bar owners, restaurant owners, tourists, expats...they are all bad because some take drugs........seems like there just isnt anything to back up the claims by certain TV members that the OPCs on Samui are working illegally..:D

So what is the job description and job location?

In work permit page 5: Job description

In work permit page 6: Locality permitted to work (Identify location)

In work permit page 6: Type of activity.

Poorsucker figured out the attempted misdirection by ESB7.

They do have work permits...but I'm pretty sure on Page 5 the job description doesn't say "WP for trolling the streets on motorbikes, annoying innocent people selling crapshare".

I dont think anyone aspires to sell crapshare...it just kind of happens when you run out of options in life...

Got to ask; what is an OPC?:unsure:

Just Googled it and it means outside public convenience, sorry contact

Thank you. The wonders of goggle huh? After OLE for Process Control, I finally got "OPC (Off Premises Contact). Salesmen whose task it is to get qualified prospects to attend a sales presentation (on-site or off-site) using "collect a gift" or "scratch card win" techniques etc. A street "tout" "

So, a tout that isn't actually qualified himself, tasked with getting a qualified prospect in for the kill. :D

Obnoxiuos Person Conning

:whistling:

Outside Personal Pestering Contact is correct

Overneeded Pest Control. Are there any pest control companies that deal with time share people ? if so can i have their number. I want to know what chemicals they use and if they are not harmful to humans then i am not interested.

I dunno could throw them in with the corcadiles. that would balance out nature and the circle of life. just make it snappy alright...come on chop chop B)

Seems OPC's now must have a university degree.

New applicants for work permits will now be required to provide proof of their Education Certificate (eg: BA, BS, MA, MS, PhD) and a reference letter from the previous employer confirming employment.

Having worked for a Time Share company here in Samui I can categorically advise that the OPC's all have work permits. It is the sales consultant staff that all don't have them. They have to qualify for a permit by getting so many sales, if they don't they get fired. Usually they get a couple of months to bring in the sales otherwise they're out. Not only this but those who do really well and earn good commission are usually fired for whatever and are not paid what they have earned, so it's all a load of bull. The fact that Marriotts have gone to the wall here though is proving that tourists now don't have the coin to spend on time share products and it won't be long before the others will be in the same boat.

Having worked for a Time Share company here in Samui I can categorically advise that the OPC's all have work permits. It is the sales consultant staff that all don't have them. They have to qualify for a permit by getting so many sales, if they don't they get fired. Usually they get a couple of months to bring in the sales otherwise they're out. Not only this but those who do really well and earn good commission are usually fired for whatever and are not paid what they have earned, so it's all a load of bull. The fact that Marriotts have gone to the wall here though is proving that tourists now don't have the coin to spend on time share products and it won't be long before the others will be in the same boat.

There will still be one or two on here that dont believe you,, you know the ones .....so you wasted your time posting Im afraid

There will still be one or two on here that dont believe you,, you know the ones .....so you wasted your time posting Im afraid

Why did he waste his time? He just reiterated that some folks don't have a work permit & that they rip their own off. Lmao.

Why did he waste his time? He just reiterated that some folks don't have a work permit & that they rip their own off. Lmao.

ESB7 post did also make me laugh, a quote coming straight from the horses mouth and he/she still tries to defend it B)

you should run for the goverment ESB7, they would like your style

Edited by Boater

i beleive him it seems like a balanced opinion. He seems to make more sense than u ( or she )

If I had a vote, I would vote for Chuwit Kamolvisit

yep so would i> at least what u see is what u get with him. He throws a good elbow also B)

no bull shit just straight down to business. When i become Thai i am going to vote for him. Though he would probably have been dead for 20 years before that happens. though i would still vote for him. Like i said what u see is what u get. He can fake being dead..... ;)

even Taksin tried to fake his own dead. i think with Chewit that if he was dead then he would not be lying. Though he might be lying for a few hours beofre he gets cromated ...

Edited by BigC

ESB7 post did also make me laugh, a quote coming straight from the horses mouth and he/she still tries to defend it B)

His user name sounds like a post code. Not sure but definatly looks like some sort of code. R u red fox ESB7. do u have the breif case ?

what is the time in Moscow ???

"user name looks like he needs some sun cream to me"

yes thats what i was looking for. u hit the nail on the head. I think that ESB7 would make a good time share salesman or promoter of time shares. he should get his own TV show like that film thank you for smoking. Till some crazy manic does ............

well u'll have to watch the film to work out the rest of what i want to say. the rest of this post writs itself lol.

on the other hand if he or she is already a time share sells man or woman then can i have your business card

yes thats what i was looking for. u hit the nail on the head. I think that ESB7 would make a good time share salesman or promoter of time shares. he should get his own TV show like that film thank you for smoking. Till some crazy manic does ............

well u'll have to watch the film to work out the rest of what i want to say. the rest of this post writs itself lol.

on the other hand if he or she is already a time share sells man or woman then can i have your business card

Now you really lost me & I thought I was doing so well in the code section.

i the film " thank you for smoking "

it is about a man who promotes smoking saying that its links to canser are false.

i think in the end he can kidnapped and torchered by one of his bull shit artisit fans.

Bit like a time share promoter. one day one of their bull shit aritest fans might have a pop.

Some of ESB7's comments are as stupid as saying smoking is completly health and has no risk to canser lol

just more or less what i have been saying all along, Just what we need someone with a bit of power to say something then shit gets done,

"Timeshare problems like these have been damaging our tourism [industry] for the past five years. Timeshare companies can help tourism a lot if they follow the regulations, but companies that just cheat consumers affect tourism negatively instead, Mr Weerawit added "

Everone knows that criminals ran time share scams for years in Spain. I hope samui follows suite to Phuket. Like i said its a fraud !

Edited by BigC

i the film " thank you for smoking "

it is about a man who promotes smoking saying that its links to canser are false.

i think in the end he can kidnapped and torchered by one of his bull shit artisit fans.

Bit like a time share promoter. one day one of their bull shit aritest fans might have a pop.

Some of ESB7's comments are as stupid as saying smoking is completly health and has no risk to canser lol

If you want to slate us start a thread about it don't hide behind your scratchcards in here.

Its bitch weekend on this forum now....mieow....biggrin.gif

just more or less what i have been saying all along, Just what we need someone with a bit of power to say something then shit gets done,

"“Timeshare problems like these have been damaging our tourism [industry] for the past five years. Timeshare companies can help tourism a lot if they follow the regulations, but companies that just cheat consumers affect tourism negatively instead,” Mr Weerawit added "

Everone knows that criminals ran time share scams for years in Spain. I hope samui follows suite to Phuket. Like i said its a fraud !

Pussycat dolls compared to the property nondevelopers.