2X Tourist Visa In Vientiane

Update FYI: I just returned from Vientiane where I got another double-entry TR visa (cost = 2000 Bt). This is my third in a row and I had no problem at all. Also, it seems that Tuesday is the best day to apply in Vientiane. The past two times I applied (on Tuesdays just by happenstance) there were only 30-40 people there and both times I was told there were hundreds of people there the previous day (Monday).

TR = tourist visa

For most that allows 60 day stay and can be extended 30 days at immigration for 1,900 baht. Two entry would mean twice (but both entries must be made during validity of visa).

thanks for the report lexelis

Usually people just post about bad experiences and the good reports are kept in the pocket.

Kind of what a lot of people speculated that the recent tightening during the free visa period was just in preparation for the revenue of non free visa's.

Sorry if I'm coming across as a bit uninformed, but what is the procedure for the 2X Tourist Visa assuming you get one?

You stay in Thailand for 60 days, visit your local immigration office for a 30 day extension costing 1900 baht, and then what?

Would I have to enter and leave in Laos again in order for the 2X portion of the visa to become active, or could I go to any country (say Myanmar) to get my 2X visa stamped for another 60/90 days?

And I assume you have to check into immigration again after 60 days again in order to extend to the full 90 days?

Thanks!

Indeed, after the extenson is finished you have to elave the country and can re-enter again. It can be any country, and for that country you might have to pay for a visa.

Yes, also the second entry must be extended by 30 days, if you want to make use of that.

Beware that when you get the visa from teh consulate, it says you must utilize the visa before/valid till **-**-2011. You must make your second entry before that date or lose it!

Sorry if I'm coming across as a bit uninformed, but what is the procedure for the 2X Tourist Visa assuming you get one?

You stay in Thailand for 60 days, visit your local immigration office for a 30 day extension costing 1900 baht, and then what?

Would I have to enter and leave in Laos again in order for the 2X portion of the visa to become active, or could I go to any country (say Myanmar) to get my 2X visa stamped for another 60/90 days?

And I assume you have to check into immigration again after 60 days again in order to extend to the full 90 days?

Thanks!

totally correct 60 plus 30 @ immigration, leave country & re enter before visa expiry date & get another 60 plus 30 jap.gif