Uk Man Charged In Motorist’S Death

Monday, 06 June 2011 16:08 A British national whose name police have withhold was charged with criminal negligence over the death of local in a road accident recently.

The British man was driving his golden bronze Honda Civic sedan in the afternoon of May 22.

As he turned right on Thaweerat Phakdee road opposite the Natural Wing Hotel located in Ban Bang Por, Maenam, a speeding motorcycle slammed into the car.

The driver, Kittipon Kaewmanee, 27, was critically injured during the accident and was taken to the Koh Samui Hospital where he later died. -- CA

A British national whose name police have withhold was charged with criminal negligence over the death of local in a road accident recently.

The British man was driving his golden bronze Honda Civic sedan in the afternoon of May 22.

As he turned right on Thaweerat Phakdee road opposite the Natural Wing Hotel located in Ban Bang Por, Maenam, a speeding motorcycle slammed into the car.

The driver, Kittipon Kaewmanee, 27, was critically injured during the accident and was taken to the Koh Samui Hospital where he later died. -- CA

http://news.samuiexpress.net/local-list/912-uk-man-charged-in-motorists-death.html

Why was the UK national arrested?,

RIP to the deceased, but i have gone to turn RIGHT manytimes, with indicators, only to have a speeding motorbike either undercut or overtake me !

Maybe there is a case to answer think about it was the bronze car turning right on to Thaweerat road maybe he had a stop sign or give way before turn or was he going along Thaweerat and turned right in front of the motor cycle. I heard this was at 0200 in the morning from Thai people whose cousin it was. Yes the motor bike was most likely speeding as they say he was coming home from karaoke in Nathon.

Maybe there is a case to answer think about it was the bronze car turning right on to Thaweerat road maybe he had a stop sign or give way before turn or was he going along Thaweerat and turned right in front of the motor cycle. I heard this was at 0200 in the morning from Thai people whose cousin it was. Yes the motor bike was most likely speeding as they say he was coming home from karaoke in Nathon.

Perhaps with no lights eh. :huh:

Perhaps with no lights eh. :huh:

and possibly drunk .... but as the police here are who they are, they probably didnt check to see if he hd been drinking

He is a Farang, if was not here the accident would not have happened therefor he is at fault.

Lets face it he was probably arrested because he was still there! If it had been a local driver he would probably have fled the scene! This happens time after time after time.

Whats wrong with you guys why do you always feel persecuted because you are farang. Is there any reason why the Brit was not drunk or didn't have his light's on. Just open your eye's and see how bad some farang men drive, this is not the 1st time here a farang has killed a Thai while driving.

I agree with spoonman! A policeman actually said that to a friend of mine in Pattaya.]

Lets face it he was probably arrested because he was still there! If it had been a local driver he would probably have fled the scene! This happens time after time after time.

Whats wrong with you guys why do you always feel persecuted because you are farang. Is there any reason why the Brit was not drunk or didn't have his light's on. Just open your eye's and see how bad some farang men drive, this is not the 1st time here a farang has killed a Thai while driving.

Theres absolutely nothing wrong at all with what they are saying. We are persecuted here without the tiniest shadow of a doubt and its disgraceful. frankly, to anyone who lives here, your statement is ridiculous.

However, i do agree with you that some farang here drive around drunk and dangerously and there is no excuse for that whatsoever. Would they conduct themselves like this in their home country? Almost certainly not.

Theres absolutely nothing wrong at all with what they are saying. We are persecuted here without the tiniest shadow of a doubt and its disgraceful. frankly, to anyone who lives here, your statement is ridiculous.

However, i do agree with you that some farang here drive around drunk and dangerously and there is no excuse for that whatsoever. Would they conduct themselves like this in their home country? Almost certainly not.

Ah yes but how else would you get around while drunk?

Taxis.....??? :o:blink:

Are you advocating abstention? :huh:

what does " speeding motorists death ".

it is a bit vague this headline. does it mean the the motorist was speeding by breaking the speed limit.

Or that the bike was just driving.

Surely if he was not speeding then he might not have been hit.

Like someone said i cannot count how many times i have pulled out on to the main road to find some kid with a modified scooter comme flying out of the distance.

to be right up my back side and under taken and off into the distance.

not being funny but if i accidently knocked one of those people.( not suggesting that the man that died was one of these people ) but for example if it did hit a speeding flying motoristest then what can i say . som nom nar. bit like don't drink and drive.

you can do but don't blame anyone if u end up with a borken neck. death if u r lukcky

Ah yes but how else would you get around while drunk?

Taxis.....??? :o:blink:

Are you advocating abstention? :huh:

what pisses me off is that the thai normally gets off when he hits a forang but when a forang hits a thai. they throw the book at him.

do dollars or pounds come into it.

sorry i should not talk like this but what is true is true.