Money Exchange As Good As Super Rich Pratunam At Pattaya ?

frenchfarangjomtien

I know a place near Tonys food court. Not sure of the name but there rate is better than anywhere i have found in pattaya. Well should i say my wife found it. I can't take any credit.

If you don't know it already and want directions PM me or if people want i can post on here.

I know a place near Tonys food court. Not sure of the name but there rate is better than anywhere i have found in pattaya. Well should i say my wife found it. I can't take any credit.

If you don't know it already and want directions PM me or if people want i can post on here.

its not as good as super rich ,and all others in Pattaya pay the same as the one in Rungrand,as i assume you mean that one? :)

TT seem to have the best rates whenever I look (yellow shop front: 2nd Rd and Soi Buakow). Usually about 20 satang better than the banks' booths.

I dont use any exchange booths myself as I prefer to get the higher telegraphic rate and would rather not leave huge sums in a room or bag, for someone to steal or for rats to eat. Hardly a day goes by here without one reading about some clown who has lost several thousand Euros or Dollars in a bag.

Never really understood why so many people bring so much cash to Thailand: presumably it is all "black" money that they cant put in a bank at home.

Anyone tried Yenjit currency exchange on walking street?

They have good rates

There is another Yenjit branch at TOPS on the corner of Pattaya Klang / Second Road. Go up to the second floor and you'll find it near Pattaya Beach Books. Best rate I have seen recently (April) for Baht to USD.

The best rates I have found recently (June) for UKP to Baht are either Yenjit or the exchange on Soi Bukhau, almost opposite the end of Soi LK Metro. Don't know its name but a tiny little place with a printed sheet stuck to the glass showing rates.

Both this and Yenjit are always better than the banks in my recent experience.

Edited by VBF

The best rates I have found recently (June) for UKP to Baht are ..... the exchange on Soi Bukhau, almost opposite the end of Soi LK Metro. Don't know its name but a tiny little place with a printed sheet stuck to the glass showing rates.

That place seems to get its rates from TT, of which there is a branch just opposite. Also another branch a couple of hundred yards up the road and two branches on 2nd Rd near the Boat restaurant.

In my own limited experience, Bank Gold on Soi Rungland off Pattaya Tai, has comparable rates for cash exchanges to Super Rich 1965 on Ratjdamri in Bangkok.

There often seems to be a certain amount of confusion between Super Rich Thailand (best rates) and Super Rich 1965 (not as good but better than the banks). Super Rich 1965 is the one with numerous sub-offices, while Super Rich Thailand has only one office on Rajdamri Road, Soi 1. Both possibilities do consistently offer better cash exchange rates than all of the banks.

• Like 1

In my own limited experience, Bank Gold on Soi Rungland off Pattaya Tai, has comparable rates for cash exchanges to Super Rich 1965 on Ratjdamri in Bangkok.

There often seems to be a certain amount of confusion between Super Rich Thailand (best rates) and Super Rich 1965 (not as good but better than the banks). Super Rich 1965 is the one with numerous sub-offices, while Super Rich Thailand has only one office on Rajdamri Road, Soi 1. Both possibilities do consistently offer better cash exchange rates than all of the banks.

That's the one I use...was just there and they even took a few "dodgy" bank notes. Great rates.

The one on the second floor of Tops is pretty good.

Don't just look at their advertised rates thou as I have always managed to get a few points lower than their advertised rates.

The more you change the more likelihood of a bigger discount.

If you are only changing small amounts a few hundred dollars it hardly matters anyway as the savings aren't worth any extra effort in looking around.

Don't just look at their advertised rates thou as I have always managed to get a few points lower than their advertised rates.

Lower ????????

You wouldnt be interested in buying a condo, would you? :whistling:

its not as good as super rich ,and all others in Pattaya pay the same as the one in Rungrand,as i assume you mean that one? :)

Ha ha Aaaaah soo Soddy -Spelled RungLAND - not how it might sound in Pattaya . RungRand.

• 4 months later...

Ha ha Aaaaah soo Soddy -Spelled RungLAND - not how it might sound in Pattaya . RungRand.

Did anyone use Kasikorn Bank at Suvarnabhumi? I assume there is a branch of Kasikorn there...

Would like to know if they have the same rates as their other branches...Will exchange 170000 Baht to Eur

Thanks a lot

Edited by Rimmer
Quotes fixed