Kathoeys... To Fear Or Not To Fear?

gray42

I'm moving to Thailand in a couple months. When I tell people, more often than not the topic of ladyboys comes up, especially with younger people and espectially since Hangover 2. According to some people here in the United States, ladyboys are waiting around every corner in Bangkok to "trick" an unsuspecting foreigner. Now, I realize that's not true, but I'm also wondering how common ladyboys are. Personally, I'm not gay and have no interest in ladyboys. Why I'm posting this is because I've seen pictures of them and I would never in a million years be able to tell them apart from a real woman. So, in regular bars (meaning not a gay bar, or ladyboy bar) how likely is it that you'll encounter ladyboys? And in that case, how likely is it that they'll hit on a guy and maybe take it further without telling them they haven't always been a "lady"?

ladyboys are waiting around every corner in Bangkok to "trick" an unsuspecting foreigner

Sorry to disappoint you, but it IS true and they are often more attractive than real women as they put a lot more effort into their appearance. The good news is they are reputed to be very good in the sack once you have been tricked.

Edited by Ulysses G.

ladyboys are waiting around every corner in Bangkok to "trick" an unsuspecting foreigner

Sorry to disappoint you, but it IS true and they are often more attractive than real women as they put a lot more effort into their appearance. The good news is they are reputed to be very good in the sack once you have been tricked.

:lol: :lol:

And you would know how, George? :D

They might be very good at what they "do", but I doubt they are good in the sack... but maybe "with" the sack. :blink::D

The OP needn't worry about Katoies. Anything that looks too good to be true usually is false. Katois are usually easy to spot by their over done makeup and ultra-sexy outfits. They tend to hang around in groups.

What a newbie DOES need to be worried about is Katois working in tandem with young hookers. From what I've been told, is a client will negotiate a deal with a young, straight hooker, but the katoies follow them back to the client's residence (usually a hotel in Pattaya). Then, when the client is taking a shower the young hooker will open the hotel door to allow their katoie friends to steal the client's belongings. When the client comes out of the shower everything is gone and nobody knows anything. Very often the client is too embarrassed to report it. That is why many better class Pattaya hotels won't let any woman/katoie upstairs without forfeiting their ID cards.

So, in regular bars (meaning not a gay bar, or ladyboy bar) how likely is it that you'll encounter ladyboys? And in that case, how likely is it that they'll hit on a guy and maybe take it further without telling them they haven't always been a "lady"?

It's hard to differentiate 'em. Hum....

shemales have bolls. :rolleyes: Try that please.

in case, they don't

have a quick chat. Think you should know if she is M or F.

spy when she goes to toilet. :D

before your hunt .... have a little bit of preparation then....<_<

shemale test G' luck

feMale or shemale?

M7922044-svote0.jpg

Edited by dunkin2012

And you would know how, George?

"Reputed" means that they have that reputation, not that I have personal experience. :lol:

Edited by Ulysses G.

Whats wrong with ladyboys their just men in dresses hehehe. Unless you go looking probably will never find one.

This is what I like to hear! All you expats need to stop messin' with the new guy.

You're just messin' with me...... right?

Yea we are messing with you. Just stay away from the cosmetics counters. You never know you could go to the darkside

are you sure you donot have some of the darkside in you

Edited by moe666

No need to be paranoid about Lady Boys in General. Most are just fine, but there is also the low class element of them to stay away from.

It can be fun to joke with them, but remember they are working just like the real girls, so don't forget to tip them or buy a drink for good service and polite funny times

But beware that they are or were men. And in packs on the streets can be dangerous. Mostly just pick pocketing by distracting you.

If they look too good to be true, or too beautiful, tall, husky or whispery voice, Flamboyandt femanine moves and walk are sure give aways.

Look for Out cropping chins and longer bigger nose, Usually but not always taller than average girls here, If their profile face looks similar to a witches, odds are it's a Katoey lady boy.

Some that are 'cut" you can not tell without a Cervial exam. If they palm KY, and hide it from you, then you can be prety sure your she was a he.

Edited by KimoMax

I met a ladyboy manager/bartender at a French restaurant in Chiang Mai. She was a sweetheart. Always made sure I had a good table at the restaurant and my food was first class. We went out a couple of times to a lady boy bar in Chiang Mai (by the boxing arena), Had a great time, she kept the others at arms length but we still danced and cavorted around. Lady boys won't rape your behind! They always ask first.

Normally lady boys speak and write better English than girl girls and are a pleasure to be around.

As a teacher I had a lot of young lady boys in my classes and they were always the class clowns and brighter than the average student.

Stay away from the rough street lady boys in Bangkok and Pattaya because that is a different genre of the species. A trip to a couple of lady boy go go bars might be educational so you can get an idea of what to look out for.

It is all part of the Thai culture, enjoy. For more information there is a good web site with up to date information about the clubs, it's call pattayaladyboys or something close to that.

I have met a few ladyboys over the years and as a whole they are nice people a bit flamboyant but that goes with the gender. You do have a criminal element but their is a criminal element in all parts of society. Come to Thailand and do not worry.

I have a friend in Bangkok and he is so ladyboy phobic he can smell them a mile away. Then there is his friend who cannot spot one if he was holding you know what in his hand.

Its a crazy old world and I love it

:lol: :lol:

And you would know how, George? :D

They might be very good at what they "do", but I doubt they are good in the sack... but maybe "with" the sack. :blink::D

The OP needn't worry about Katoies. Anything that looks too good to be true usually is false. Katois are usually easy to spot by their over done makeup and ultra-sexy outfits. They tend to hang around in groups.

What a newbie DOES need to be worried about is Katois working in tandem with young hookers. From what I've been told, is a client will negotiate a deal with a young, straight hooker, but the katoies follow them back to the client's residence (usually a hotel in Pattaya). Then, when the client is taking a shower the young hooker will open the hotel door to allow their katoie friends to steal the client's belongings. When the client comes out of the shower everything is gone and nobody knows anything. Very often the client is too embarrassed to report it. That is why many better class Pattaya hotels won't let any woman/katoie upstairs without forfeiting their ID cards.

So he gets a katoy from Bangkok and takes him to Pattaya lol.Sorry mate,what a load of shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.There are many katoys who are decent people,and not all work in the sex industry,far from it.Ultra sexy outfits,you are funny mate,thats probably one area of walking st,a nd a bit of Bangkok.

are you sure you donot have some of the darkside in you

I don't want the darkside in me or anywhere near my buttocks region.

Guys who say that are usually the first who want to take a girl from behind so what's the difference?

I would say give it a try and report back how it felt.