Buying Stock

I am not new to Thailand, or farming just new to farming in Thailand and i struggle to buy the live stock i want. I know its there but the Thais dont want to deal or let an Expat have it. Now I might be barking up the wrong tree here but are the Thai People scared to let us have livestock ?. I needed some fowl the other day I drove 300 clicks and said yes to the man "how many you got " He replyed 400-500 birds so we drove all the way to see him. I looked at the birds all looked in good heath so i said ill take them all and the man turned round and said i could have 50, Sorry but left me a bit pissed off to say the least. On the Phone they were all for sale and like magic they were not.

So am i alone in this maybe its just me? Its not the first time its happened. Also I get asked stupid prices or the price goes up when they see im white would like some feed back .

by the way i am nothaving a go I just want to know if you get the same response.

If anyone can help i am looking for Goats , pea hens, and Geese, this week will take eggs as i have a 300 egg incubator about half full.

Hi andycrosby,

You have identified a primary struggle of farming in Thailand,

Can't buy it in the beginning, with prices too high

Can't sell it in the end, with prices too low

but plenty who steal in between.

It's the story of my life raising fish, pigs and goats.

Hang in there, by steady patient exposure the sources and the markets will develop.

Now that I'm out of the business, I have a reliable cash buyer for ten hogs a day,

developed right near the end.

Sold my whole herd of goats to one man who would have bought another herd the next day.

For hogs, I determined that a grower pretty well needs to breed his own piglets on the farm.

Not only does it provide a somewhat predictable supply,

it eliminates disease imported from every new pig brought from an outside source.

You can spend the Vet rich fighting the next round of sickness,

so I think it's best to have a closed system.