What's The City

Neeranam

Or maybe you two experts can give us poor novices some tips and websites as where to look? Many thanks.....

A tip - Interest in geography and travel, patience, obcession and a lack of life outside the forum. :o

OK. This is a site I use to find some of the cities. Many of the pics are quite old and often the one needed is missing. It can be a help at times. :D

world cities

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Isteria ?...do you mean Istria ?

If so, the answer is NO.

Also not Porec.

Both places are in the wrong country.

LaoPo

Yes I probably did. Much like my feeble attempt at a Chinese city, I try to do these off the top of my head.....It's never worked yet..............Sorry.

Edited by suiging

Isteria ?...do you mean Istria ?

If so, the answer is NO.

Also not Porec.

Both places are in the wrong country.

LaoPo

Yes I probably did. Much like my feeble attempt at a Chinese city, I try to do these off the top of my head.....It's never worked yet..............Sorry.

I know what you mean....they all look alike, most of them.

But your guess wasn't too far off; correct part of the world so to speak. :o

LaoPo

Anyway, this place had a scenic value I wanted to share with other players, and I for one, learnt a lot more about an Island I was fairly ignorant about previously. :D

I agree Croc; we all learned a lot with this game. I learned about places I didn't know they existed. Searching for places brings you around the world and increases your knowledge considerably.

However, I feel sorry there are just a few players and I wonder if it is 'non-interest' or that other members are 'afraid' for playing along....? :o

Or, maybe they know everything already....

LaoPo

May be the graphic requirements mean people " In country" do not have the connection speeds to search ?

Anyway, this place had a scenic value I wanted to share with other players, and I for one, learnt a lot more about an Island I was fairly ignorant about previously. :D

I agree Croc; we all learned a lot with this game. I learned about places I didn't know they existed. Searching for places brings you around the world and increases your knowledge considerably.

However, I feel sorry there are just a few players and I wonder if it is 'non-interest' or that other members are 'afraid' for playing along....? :o

Or, maybe they know everything already....

LaoPo

May be the graphic requirements mean people " In country" do not have the connection speeds to search ?

That is another disappointing reason for people to miss out on this, because the more the better for this thread in my opinion. :D

However, there's a thread elsewhere about rich and poor and if one should feel guilty if you have an abundance of riches. :D

While sympathetic and understanding of the bandwidth deprived, I feel no guilt for my ability to fly, figuratively, through the cities of the world. :D

Edited by Old Croc

Bump.

I re-post the photo:

To help a bit, I re-post the NON places:

Not UK and not Scandinavia or Baltic or Germany/Poland. It's on the European mainland, but on a coast not a lake.

Not in Croatia nor Montenegro nor Italy, nor France.

Not around the Black Sea, so not one of the countries surrounding the Black Sea.

LaoPo