Wife'S Younger, Thai Sister, Pregnant By Falong, What Legal Recourse Can We Take?

bentley12

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually you don't. Most Thais (and certainly those looking for a farang) believe that all Westerners are incredibly wealthy.

Teaching for a number of years in Thailand I have become acquainted with a number of poor Farang and the poor part is obvious to anyone, even Thais.

If you hang around with women who like everyone I am sure your perspective is altered. Or if you become myopic because of your personal experiences.

You can tell the desperate look. Men have it before 40 years of age and women after.

Edited by kerryk

Anyone noticed the TROLL OP around lately?:lol:

No, the mods must be busy or very selective. :unsure:

I suspect that they, like us, find this thread incredibly funny!

In that case, why is not moved to the "pub/funny forum" ? :unsure:

Fair enough. I guess she's also hi-so and Thai-Chinese.

What do you mean .............. "Something happens to a woman after 35 and no husband or children"?

Do you mean they get desparate and will go with anyone?

The short answer is yes but you still need to have some social skills. I wouldn't hold your breath.

If a (fertile) woman hits 40 and is childless then 9 times out of 10 she is a failure and/or a reject.

So no -- I won't be holding my breath for this particular type of woman.

That said, I hope you are happy.

On an equally gracious note, I personally know a lovely woman who is closer to 40 than 35. And she really is hi-so Thai-Chinese. She's single, childless, and almost certainly a virgin. I went with her to an orphan house a couple of weeks ago. Some of these older women really are wonderful, but they're not for me.

Actually you don't. Most Thais (and certainly those looking for a farang) believe that all Westerners are incredibly wealthy.

Maybe this explains the large number of failed farang/Thai relationships. The Thai gal assumes the farang guy is rich, come to find out he's not, and jumps ship. Too simplistic, I know. Can pile on to all the other theories out there.

Morally anyone who contributed to creating a child should support them financially whether it be 3,000 baht or more.

With the exception of the actual insemination leading to the pregnancy, I witnessed most of this myself, so it is an accurate summary of the scenario. Nobody is under any illusions as to the IQ of the girl in this case, so if that is all you have to say, no need to comment. It is quite obvious. The question is regarding the legal responsibilities of the man, and how to enforce them.

Does anyone have any real world experiences of filing a paternity suit in a case like this, and what can be expected? How much does it cost? Any practical advice?

Your contempt is noted. I am quite certain she was with him because she was looking for someone to take care of her. Lots of Thais are. She's also not the brightest tool in the shed. That has no bearing on the situation at hand, nor does it mitigate the responsibilities a father has to his child.

The question remains as to if anyone has any real world experience pressing a paternity case in Thailand under these circumstances. What are the costs, how long does it take, and what are the issues that are likely to come up? Are there any low cost services that specialize in this area?

Father not responsible for child in Thailand, only husband responsible.

Thai law

Man has no responsibility or rights concerning any children, his or claimed, unless married to woman at Amphur office before or after event.

This is not America or Europe. Unmarried woman cannot trap/trick man into paying for child, unless he agrees/offers.

Married woman can take husband to court to pay for child award about 3000 to 5000bht per month

BUT he can ask for joint custody, be given it, and pay nothing.

Most married women don't bother, legal fees (woman pays) usually higher than anything they recover from absent husband.

...(Poor Farang are) obvious to anyone, even Thais.

If you hang around with women who like everyone I am sure your perspective is altered. Or if you become myopic because of your personal experiences.

Truth.

The poster you are replying to has such a narrow, simplistic, uninformed and ultimately twisted view it's hard to believe it could even be held by someone who lives in Thailand -- unless they spent virtually all their time and interaction with Thai women (as some guys do and who have similar attitudes) around Nana or Walking Street etc; and even then it'd still be not entirely accurate.

Edited by SteeleJoe

Thai law

Man has no responsibility or rights concerning any children, his or claimed, unless married to woman at Amphur office before or after event.

This is not America or Europe. Unmarried woman cannot trap/trick man into paying for child, unless he agrees/offers.

Married woman can take husband to court to pay for child award about 3000 to 5000bht per month

Most married women don't bother, legal fees (woman pays) usually higher than anything they recover from absent husband.

That only a marrried father must pay child support, after divorce, is nonsense.

The father IS responsible under Thai law and also has rights. Just like in many other countries he can pettition the court to be recognized as the father. Also the mother (and the child) can file a paternity suit against the fahter to establish that he is the father and should pay maintenance. Even a prostitute can file a paternity suit and be awarded child support. (It is the child that is protected here, not the parents).

... Last time I checked 20 year old women were not handing out free sex to 70 year old men.

You mean they start charging after the guy gets to be a certain age?

I will have to keep an eye on my gik then.

Where did it all take place??? At the airport or at the uni?

1- Young Thai women don't like farang, unless for money

some farang seem to lose there marbles and stick up for these Thais

Words of wisdom. Many of the older men on this forum talk about their "sweet young girlfriend" or their "darling young wife".

They just don't get it. They just don't get it at all.

We all use parasite sprays to kill the bugs and the mosquitoes. But when it comes to little Thai girlies, the older men put down the parasite spray and start showing compassion.

Madness.

Wanted to add on an addendum. My Thai GF is 25 years younger than I, she is 40 years old.

At 40 years old, never married I can hear "Desperado" playing in her mind every time I see her.

Something happens to a woman after 35 and no husband or children to alter most cultural preferences.

To me 40 years old is a young woman. So I refer to her as my young Thai GF. Since I am posting on TV you may assume she has never worked in a bar and has at least a BA degree.

Fair enough. I guess she's also hi-so and Thai-Chinese.

What do you mean .............. "Something happens to a woman after 35 and no husband or children"?

Do you mean they get desparate and will go with anyone?

No andrew, they still pass on the total <deleted>.

As you are well aware.

1- Young Thai women don't like farang, unless for money

2- Thais have a real hatred of black people

some farang seem to lose there marbles and stick up for these Thais

Words of wisdom. Many of the older men on this forum talk about their "sweet young girlfriend" or their "darling young wife".

They just don't get it. They just don't get it at all.

We all use parasite sprays to kill the bugs and the mosquitoes. But when it comes to little Thai girlies, the older men put down the parasite spray and start showing compassion.

Madness.

That's why I never, EVER mention the incredibly young, amazingly beautiful, supremely talented and absolutely brilliant Mrs NanLaew in these missives.

Thai law

Wonderful news indeed Olaf! My gik just called to say she has missed her period.

She certainly had me going there for a moment!

On an equally gracious note, I personally know a lovely woman who is closer to 40 than 35. And she really is hi-so Thai-Chinese. She's single, childless, and almost certainly a virgin. I went with her to an orphan house a couple of weeks ago. Some of these older women really are wonderful, but they're not for me.

And she being a graceful and intuitive Thai-Chinese lady, you probably aren't her type anyway.

But don't let that bother you.

With the exception of the actual insemination leading to the pregnancy, I witnessed most of this myself, so it is an accurate summary of the scenario. Nobody is under any illusions as to the IQ of the girl in this case, so if that is all you have to say, no need to comment. It is quite obvious. The question is regarding the legal responsibilities of the man, and how to enforce them.

Does anyone have any real world experiences of filing a paternity suit in a case like this, and what can be expected? How much does it cost? Any practical advice?

Your contempt is noted. I am quite certain she was with him because she was looking for someone to take care of her. Lots of Thais are. She's also not the brightest tool in the shed. That has no bearing on the situation at hand, nor does it mitigate the responsibilities a father has to his child.

The question remains as to if anyone has any real world experience pressing a paternity case in Thailand under these circumstances. What are the costs, how long does it take, and what are the issues that are likely to come up? Are there any low cost services that specialize in this area?

Thai law

Morally anyone who contributed to creating a child should support them financially whether it be 3,000 baht or more.

Morals.... yes, well. What country are we in again?

When a local feels their morals slipping, they go burn a few candles at the wat.

There you go, morals restored!

wow, i never thought about that. Very possible since the sister is just 20 and i have yet to see a young married thai-farang relationship in thailand.

what is op age and the age of his wife?

could it be little sis learned this behavoir by observing big sis?

if so then big sis and op should raise child.

Thai law

That only a marrried father must pay child support, after divorce, is nonsense.

The father IS responsible under Thai law and also has rights. Just like in many other countries he can pettition the court to be recognized as the father. Also the mother (and the child) can file a paternity suit against the fahter to establish that he is the father and should pay maintenance. Even a prostitute can file a paternity suit and be awarded child support. (It is the child that is protected here, not the parents).

I never hear of such a case!

If it happened to foreigner, just keep cash outside Thailand or move to Cambodia, etc.

If it happen to Thai, just give up job, move to different town, even husband do this.

Only crazy foreigner pay.

Edited by OlafStapleton

Why would a 20 year old girl willingly have sex with a 70 year old man ??? Only one answer comes to mind....

The man paid once why should he pay again !!! Money money money... this is what got her into this mess. A hard way to learn. She made her bed let her sleep in it. I don't feel a bit sorry for her ...not one bit !!!

And how do you know she only was with this one man...because she said....ya right !!! Maybe she goes with a different man every night. Maybe not his baby.

You want to go to his place of work to cause trouble...how about him taking out a news paper add and saying she sold her body " whore" and posting it all over her town.... not correct on either case.

Let the man alone, it is her fault !!!

You made him aware of it so if he wants he will help if not so be it.

Sorry, but I don't feel sorry for these girls who are lazy and after a quick dollar.

I never hear of such a case!

If it happened to foreigner, just keep cash outside Thailand or move to Cambodia, etc.

If it happen to Thai, just give up job, move to different town, even husband do this.

Only crazy foreigner pay.

That not many people make use of the law, doesn't mean the law doesn't exist.

There is a treaty on child support, a court order regarding child support can be executed almost anywhere in the world as most countries are party to the treaty.

Not to mention that the child probably also will have the nationality of the father, and be protected by that countries laws also.

And she being a graceful and intuitive Thai-Chinese lady, you probably aren't her type anyway.

Bravely spoken. Such are the pleasures of online anonymity.

I could of course ask you to post a photo of yourself and your little sweetie darling cutie. But I think we both know you'd run a million miles at the suggestion.

So ....... is she pretty? Is she a little doll? Does she iron your socks? Does she smile at you and say "why you good man too much"? Does she overlook all of your incredibly obvious flaws and tell you that you have a "good heart"? Does it feel nice to be wanted by a little peasant girlie when for most of your adult life no one even looked at you in your home country?

Little man -- you are only fooling yourself.

Bravely spoken. Such are the pleasures of online anonymity.

I could of course ask you to post a photo of yourself and your little sweetie darling cutie. But I think we both know you'd run a million miles at the suggestion.

So ....... is she pretty? Is she a little doll? Does she iron your socks? Does she smile at you and say "why you good man too much"? Does she overlook all of your incredibly obvious flaws and tell you that you have a "good heart"? Does it feel nice to be wanted by a little peasant girlie when for most of your adult life no one even looked at you in your home country?

Little man -- you are only fooling yourself.

LOL. I pushed YOUR button HARD didn't I?

I smell a troll .... many buzz words to get us going, "legal gestapo" "public humiliation for this pervert" ....nice try. He is a 70yo farang with a good job at the airport? whistling.gif

Airport or the University???

I smell a troll .... many buzz words to get us going, "legal gestapo" "public humiliation for this pervert" ....nice try. He is a 70yo farang with a good job at the airport? whistling.gif

Airport or the University???

The university airport.