Wife'S Younger, Thai Sister, Pregnant By Falong, What Legal Recourse Can We Take?

bentley12

I don't mean to be offensive, i am just shocked that any normal 20 year old can be considered too naive for something like this. I only feel sorry for the child that resulted from this for having to go through this. If the man refuses to support the child, if it is indeed his, then i would be upset at him too. As for her, she made a decision and now she has to live with it. Life is hard and every decision will create some kind of response.

i'm still waiting for the OP's rebuttal

Wow, I did not realize there are such harsh people on this forum!!! I am still reading, I was out of town and have not had time to read, but so far it sounds like a waste of time, other than the sister in law camping out at the guys Condo or Work!

Yes, I know it is not a perfect World, I asked the same questions about a hundred times now and still get the "deer in the headlights" look, but anyway, it sounds like the wife is bent on making sure the guy is hung in town square to make a point however useless we think it might be!!!

Edited by Warhammer820

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't mean to be offensive, i am just shocked that any normal 20 year old can be considered too naive for something like this. I only feel sorry for the child that resulted from this for having to go through this. If the man refuses to support the child, if it is indeed his, then i would be upset at him too. As for her, she made a decision and now she has to live with it. Life is hard and every decision will create some kind of response.

My thoughts exactly. I can understand why so many might think this is a "troll", but I've seen just enough strange things everywhere I've been that what I thought I knew for certain isn't always the case.

As I said before, I don't have much respect for people who don't take responsibility for their OWN actions. That goes for both men and women. A 19 year old girl IS legally a woman . She might be naive, but that is the fault of her parents. I've known 10 year old street kids who had more savy than that young woman.

How about this.

Twenty year old girl,who's advised by her sister and her " Falong" ,lays her eyes on a 70 year old foreign bank.As the bank isn't much interested in the young girl other than for a one night stand,pressure is put on him with atatements that she is pregnant from him,while in fact it is from her real Thai boyfriend.Foreign bank doesn't give a sh*t and Falong gets upset as their masterplan fails.

What was her motive to be with a 70 yr. old in the first place? Not financial gain perhaps? Did she not know about the birds and the bees and birth control? Kid this be a scam gone arrauy?

Of course not! This 20 year old 'virgin' met a 70 year old man and fell in love with him immediately.

It happens quite often.

It is probably the same story as a thousand other Thai girls, they are young, come to the big City, and get charmed by a sweet talking foreigner out for their virtues!

The story I've heard a million times is not like this, it's the Thai girl comes to the big city to charm the dottery old farang out of his life-savings.

In this case, the girl deserves what she gets if the farang runs off.

Troll.. Every time someone uses 'Falong' it turns out to be a troll.. No one in thailand for more than 5days uses 'falong'

Only a fat heavy throated smoking machine 50year old bar girl could make farang sound as 'falong' but no one would sleep or talk to that.

troll

Right on Bro a troll

What was her motive to be with a 70 yr. old in the first place? Not financial gain perhaps? Did she not know about the birds and the bees and birth control? Kid this be a scam gone arrauy?

Of course not! This 20 year old 'virgin' met a 70 year old man and fell in love with him immediately.

It happens quite often.

Don't forget -- he used his charm.

correct..but the child does not deserve it

It is probably the same story as a thousand other Thai girls, they are young, come to the big City, and get charmed by a sweet talking foreigner out for their virtues!

The story I've heard a million times is not like this, it's the Thai girl comes to the big city to charm the dottery old farang out of his life-savings.

correct..but the child does not deserve it

I believe its called an occupational hazard, I dont enter a building site without my hard hat and safety boots.

OK, I'd like to know if anyone has any real answers to the problem, because I have someone asking me a similar question. I've known about this case for a while, but its reached a boiling point now.

Players:

Thai girl, mid twenties. Black American, early fifties, wealthy.

Situation:

He met her working at a restaurant. The man has a good salary, and the company he is working for in Bangkok gives him a housing allowance of 120k/month. She lived with him for around 2 years, although she kept her own apartment as well at his request. He would sometimes send her there for an evening when he had other things to do and when he went away on trips. You can use your imagination as to the reasons for that. There is no proof. He gave her spending money and 4000 baht for her apartment, but that is all. Eventually, he knocked her up. She said it was his. He tried to say he had a vasectomy. Sadly, that didn't go anywhere because the Thai girl had been completely faithful. So, the kid comes out, and looks just like his father. No doubt that she was telling the truth.

After she became pregnant, he booted her out, stopped giving her any money and put her on the bus back to village to have the child. He refused to let her move back in after giving birth. In the beginning he would occasionally send her 5000 baht on odd months. Then he simply started turning off his phone when she called.

With the exception of the actual insemination leading to the pregnancy, I witnessed most of this myself, so it is an accurate summary of the scenario. Nobody is under any illusions as to the IQ of the girl in this case, so if that is all you have to say, no need to comment. It is quite obvious. The question is regarding the legal responsibilities of the man, and how to enforce them.

Does anyone have any real world experiences of filing a paternity suit in a case like this, and what can be expected? How much does it cost? Any practical advice?

OK, I'd like to know if anyone has any real answers to the problem, because I have someone asking me a similar question. I've known about this case for a while, but its reached a boiling point now.

Players:

Situation:

He met her working at a restaurant. The man has a good salary, and the company he is working for in Bangkok gives him a housing allowance of 120k/month. She lived with him for around 2 years, although she kept her own apartment as well at his request. He would sometimes send her there for an evening when he had other things to do and when he went away on trips. You can use your imagination as to the reasons for that. There is no proof. He gave her spending money and 4000 baht for her apartment, but that is all. Eventually, he knocked her up. She said it was his. He tried to say he had a vasectomy. Sadly, that didn't go anywhere because the Thai girl had been completely faithful. So, the kid comes out, and looks just like his father. No doubt that she was telling the truth.

After she became pregnant, he booted her out, stopped giving her any money and put her on the bus back to village to have the child. He refused to let her move back in after giving birth. In the beginning he would occasionally send her 5000 baht on odd months. Then he simply started turning off his phone when she called.

With the exception of the actual insemination leading to the pregnancy, I witnessed most of this myself, so it is an accurate summary of the scenario. Nobody is under any illusions as to the IQ of the girl in this case, so if that is all you have to say, no need to comment. It is quite obvious. The question is regarding the legal responsibilities of the man, and how to enforce them.

Does anyone have any real world experiences of filing a paternity suit in a case like this, and what can be expected? How much does it cost? Any practical advice?

let's first establish a few trutht

1- Young Thai women don't like farang, unless for money

2- Thais have a real hatred of black people

Why on earth would this young woman hook up with this guy if not for money, especially since he is way too old for her.

Quite right to boot her out for being so stupid as to have his baby.

some farang seem to lose there marbles and stick up for these Thais

Players:

Situation:

A paternity suit can be filed and the court will establish if he is the father. With that done, she can get child support from him. The amount ranges between 3,000 to 6,000 a month. In addition, they have to share the medical and educational cost equally.

The procedure will cost, but don't know how much. There is of course also the benefit that the child might also get the nationality of the father (and possibly inherit from him as well).

There is a treaty on child support, and it can be executed in most countries.

It happens quite often.

Don't forget -- he used his charm.

That and the fact that he's a 70 year old foreign janitor at the airport.............................Yeah right.

Such a load of <deleted>. The age difference and the two menial jobs that a foreigner can't and wouldn't do make this story a complete steaming load of <deleted>.

Players:

Situation:

let's first establish a few trutht

2- Thais have a real hatred of black people

Why on earth would this young woman hook up with this guy if not for money, especially since he is way too old for her.

Quite right to boot her out for being so stupid as to have his baby.

Your contempt is noted. I am quite certain she was with him because she was looking for someone to take care of her. Lots of Thais are. She's also not the brightest tool in the shed. That has no bearing on the situation at hand, nor does it mitigate the responsibilities a father has to his child.

The question remains as to if anyone has any real world experience pressing a paternity case in Thailand under these circumstances. What are the costs, how long does it take, and what are the issues that are likely to come up? Are there any low cost services that specialize in this area?

Words of wisdom. Many of the older men on this forum talk about their "sweet young girlfriend" or their "darling young wife".

They just don't get it. They just don't get it at all.

We all use parasite sprays to kill the bugs and the mosquitoes. But when it comes to little Thai girlies, the older men put down the parasite spray and start showing compassion.

Madness.

Edited by andrewbkk

Words of wisdom. Many of the older men on this forum talk about their "sweet young girlfriend" or their "darling young wife".

We all use parasite sprays to kill the bugs and the mosquitoes. But when it comes to little Thai girlies, the older men put down the parasite spray and start showing compassion.

Madness.

Wanted to add on an addendum. My Thai GF is 25 years younger than I, she is 40 years old.

At 40 years old, never married I can hear "Desperado" playing in her mind every time I see her.

Something happens to a woman after 35 and no husband or children to alter most cultural preferences.

To me 40 years old is a young woman. So I refer to her as my young Thai GF. Since I am posting on TV you may assume she has never worked in a bar and has at least a BA degree.

Your contempt is noted. I am quite certain she was with him because she was looking for someone to take care of her. Lots of Thais are. She's also not the brightest tool in the shed. That has no bearing on the situation at hand, nor does it mitigate the responsibilities a father has to his child.

The question remains as to if anyone has any real world experience pressing a paternity case in Thailand under these circumstances. What are the costs, how long does it take, and what are the issues that are likely to come up? Are there any low cost services that specialize in this area?

Father not responsible for child in Thailand, only husband responsible.

Thai law

Man has no responsibility or rights concerning any children, his or claimed, unless married to woman at Amphur office before or after event.

This is not America or Europe. Unmarried woman cannot trap/trick man into paying for child, unless he agrees/offers.

Married woman can take husband to court to pay for child award about 3000 to 5000bht per month

BUT he can ask for joint custody, be given it, and pay nothing.

Most married women don't bother, legal fees (woman pays) usually higher than anything they recover from absent husband.

Edited by OlafStapleton

Madness.

Wanted to add on an addendum. My Thai GF is 25 years younger than I, she is 40 years old.

At 40 years old, never married I can hear "Desperado" playing in her mind every time I see her.

Something happens to a woman after 35 and no husband or children to alter most cultural preferences.

To me 40 years old is a young woman. So I refer to her as my young Thai GF. Since I am posting on TV you may assume she has never worked in a bar and has at least a BA degree.

Fair enough. I guess she's also hi-so and Thai-Chinese.

What do you mean .............. "Something happens to a woman after 35 and no husband or children"?

Do you mean they get desparate and will go with anyone?

We have all come across similar situations many many times because father totally abandoning (no support whatsoever) girl with child is rife in Thai society. It undermines Thai society and is detrimental to it.

It is also not far from the truth to say that Thai men are worse culprits than farangs. The latter, by and large seem to adhere to their responsibilityies

Because of the injustice of such behaviour and because of the way it distorts the lives of young ladies as well as family life and society in general, I firmly believe that tougher laws should be passed and implemented to discourage the culprits.

This dilemna must be known to supposedly liberal-minded politicians like the English -educated Abhisit and to his cohorts. Why is something not done apart from a few loose paternity laws.

So what if the girl has been naive, stupid or sex hungry. It takes two.

Edited by Beechboy

Madness.

Fair enough. I guess she's also hi-so and Thai-Chinese.

What do you mean .............. "Something happens to a woman after 35 and no husband or children"?

Do you mean they get desparate and will go with anyone?

The short answer is yes but you still need to have some social skills. I wouldn't hold your breath.