Wife'S Younger, Thai Sister, Pregnant By Falong, What Legal Recourse Can We Take?

bentley12

Gick , keept lady , Thais say gick for a man who has a woman he keeps as well as his wife,

Nope. It's been explained already and it's not a mia noi which is what you are taking about.

Can be either, but Mia noi you dont have to give money , Gik you have to give money.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gick , keept lady , Thais say gick for a man who has a woman he keeps as well as his wife,

Nope. It's been explained already and it's not a mia noi which is what you are taking about.

Can be either, but Mia noi you dont have to give money , Gik you have to give money.

Still nope. Though a mia noi might not always require money per se she generally has to be supported financially -- the real distinction is that a mia noi is in a committed and defined relationship of some sort; she is a "minor wife" -- though sometimes that relationship is almost entirely about sex in practice, it is not always so. A gik, on the other hand, is not a "wife" in any way. And that distinction is especially critical because traditionally in Thailand, if you have a sexual relationship with a woman, she is your "wife" by definition. The idea of a woman whom you have sex with regularly but is not your wife and not a prostitute...that's new (at least ostensibly).

There are many variables in the use of both of these but the term gik is relatively new word originally and I believe primarily used to describe a practice that has only recently been more widely acknowledged and accepted -- casual sex without commitment. By contrast, the concept of and word for "minor wives" goes back centuries.

You've got it backwards

Edited by SteeleJoe

Just to confirm what Joe said, you got this 100% backwards.

Regardless of the definitions, you have to admit this post is one of the funniest, most obvious trolls in a LONG time.

20 year old innocent virgin unexpectedly finds herself pregnant by a 70 year old man :lol:.

It could have been one of the most romantic ones if he had gallantly married her - instead of telling her to get lost.

Ah, every cloud has a silver lining.

20 year old uneducated upcountry girl, sin sot value to a local, say 30k tops, now uneducated upcountry girl with kid in tow, sin sot value to a farang 300k.

Seems like a win/win situation for the family.

It could have been one of the most romantic ones if he had gallantly married her - instead of telling her to get lost.

Ah, every cloud has a silver lining.

20 year old uneducated upcountry girl, sin sot value to a local, say 30k tops, now uneducated upcountry girl with kid in tow, sin sot value to a farang 300k.

Seems like a win/win situation for the family.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:jap:

i'm still waiting for the OP's rebuttal

Wow, I did not realize there are such harsh people on this forum!!! I am still reading, I was out of town and have not had time to read, but so far it sounds like a waste of time, other than the sister in law camping out at the guys Condo or Work!

Yes, I know it is not a perfect World, I asked the same questions about a hundred times now and still get the "deer in the headlights" look, but anyway, it sounds like the wife is bent on making sure the guy is hung in town square to make a point however useless we think it might be!!!

Regardless of the definitions, you have to admit this post is one of the funniest, most obvious trolls in a LONG time.

20 year old innocent virgin unexpectedly finds herself pregnant by a 70 year old man :lol:.

:cheesy: He must have felt like he won the lottery.

A 70 year old with a job at the airport? A job at the University? A 70 year old with a good job at the airport and university is smart enough to wear a condom. Last time I checked 20 year old women were not handing out free sex to 70 year old men.

My thoughts entirely

Sure it does sound fishy. But there are a lot of dodgy foreigners around with a total lack of morals so it could be true.

A 70 year old still working two jobs!!! A 70 year old with viable swimmers!!!! Not likely.

Troll.. Every time someone uses 'Falong' it turns out to be a troll.. No one in thailand for more than 5days uses 'falong'

Only a fat heavy throated smoking machine 50year old bar girl could make farang sound as 'falong' but no one would sleep or talk to that.

troll

Thr R's and L's are interchangeable and therefore it is only the use of the O for the A that is wrong.

Why did she have sex with a 70 year old man?

What a brilliantly simple and truly illuminating question. It says it all.

The poster doesn't want the usual cynical responses from this forum, yet the anger and moral indignation in the original post is hardly likely to be ignored in a country not noted for "innocent, naive" 20 year old girls.

The original story fits the pattern ingrained in Thais minds: Thai good, Farang (or is it Falong?) bad.

If the girl in the story was a 14 or 15 year old girl being "seduced" by a 70 year old man, then it would be a different scenario.

However, at 20, legally there is little that can be done.

The OP (and also a poster member here) suggest pressure via blackmail by jeopardizing the man's job and reputation. That sounds more like revenge.

It certainly will not advance the future of the child nor of the "naive 20 year old girl from Isaan".

As for the blithering suggestion to take the baby to the American Embassy and register it as an American born abroad that is only possible if the parent (mother or father) is an American citizen. She is Thai.

I fail to see the place of employment's liability for the events in the private life of one of the employees. Unless we are talking about pressure using blackmail: "If you do not foot the bill we will try to make lose your job".

If true, it's unfortunate. She will have to decide what to do with the pregnancy.

At any rate I ask: is the OP sole interest that he will have to pay for the child's future?

The purpose of future actions must be defined.

Why did she have sex with a 70 year old man?

What a brilliantly simple and truly illuminating question. It says it all.

The poster doesn't want the usual cynical responses from this forum, yet the anger and moral indignation in the original post is hardly likely to be ignored in a country not noted for "innocent, naive" 20 year old girls.

He has money, of which she doesn't, perhaps!!!

I totally agree. As a plea to all Moderators PLEASE allow trolls such as this, even if you ban the boring or inflammatory ones. This has provided a huge amount of amusement and is worthwhile if only for that reason. :D :D

The original story fits the pattern ingrained in Thais minds: Thai good, Farang (or is it Falong?) bad.

If the girl in the story was a 14 or 15 year old girl being "seduced" by a 70 year old man, then it would be a different scenario.

The OP (and also a poster member here) suggest pressure via blackmail by jeopardizing the man's job and reputation. That sounds more like revenge.

It certainly will not advance the future of the child nor of the "naive 20 year old girl from Isaan".

As for the blithering suggestion to take the baby to the American Embassy and register it as an American born abroad that is only possible if the parent (mother or father) is an American citizen. She is Thai.

I fail to see the place of employment's liability for the events in the private life of one of the employees. Unless we are talking about pressure using blackmail: "If you do not foot the bill we will try to make lose your job".

If true, it's unfortunate. She will have to decide what to do with the pregnancy.

At any rate I ask: is the OP sole interest that he will have to pay for the child's future?

I suggest you read my post, #13, again. I said IF the father is from the USA the mother should try to have him/her registered as a US citizen as this could prove benificial later on. Her problem may be getting the father to the US consulate. You're a relatively new member. In the future you should read posts and understand what they say before replying.

I have no sympathy this girl, she is 20 years old and not a child!

Why didn't she use insist on him using protection?

Why did she go with a 70 year old man?

She might of wanted to get pregnant, and told him she was on the pill who knows?

I suspect someone trying to get a free ride from farang and she should of known better, give up on any revenge or retribution, he has done nothing illegal and its not the Thai way, it will just make her look bad, and achieve nothing.

The best she can do is once the baby is born, inform him and hope he has some interest, otherwise forget it.

I suggest you read my post, #13, again. I said IF the father is from the USA the mother should try to have him/her registered as a US citizen as this could prove benificial later on. Her problem may be getting the father to the US consulate. You're a relatively new member. In the future you should read posts and understand what they say before replying.

It is a blithering idea indeed to think that a man who told her to get lost that he will go to the Embassy to register a child that she claims is his. A long, long shot. Assuming that the story is factual.

She might of wanted to get pregnant, and told him she was on the pill who knows?

I suspect someone trying to get a free ride from farang and she should of known better, give up on any revenge or retribution, he has done nothing illegal and its not the Thai way, it will just make her look bad, and achieve nothing.

The best she can do is once the baby is born, inform him and hope he has some interest, otherwise forget it.

The OP is an obvious troll.

As far as your comment goes that he has done nothing wrong, one becomes of age when is 21 one in Thailand. A minor having reached a certain age can give consent, but that can change that after the fact. There are also a few other laws that might be invoked in a case like this, such as keeping a minor away from her parents.

I

As far as your comment goes that he has done nothing wrong, one becomes of age when is 21 one in Thailand. A minor having reached a certain age can give consent, but that can change that after the fact. There are also a few other laws that might be invoked in a case like this, such as keeping a minor away from her parents.

I think you will find the age of consent in Thailand is 18 years old and no parents consent is required, if over 16 and under 18 and the parents do not have any objection then its considered a private matter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Asia#Thailand

The current law is open to interpretation and it could be 15 or 18, but for sure there has been no offense committed.

Right you are Mario, as always.

This should put this thread to a final rest... Although, I dread that some righteous minds will want to pursue it to assert their opinion and/or seniority... no matter what.

Edited by pisico

I smell a troll .... many buzz words to get us going, "legal gestapo" "public humiliation for this pervert" ....nice try. He is a 70yo farang with a good job at the airport? whistling.gif

kap.

bttopic ,

why do you expecy a farang man to be any different from a thai man,

regarding moral codes.

a standing dick, has no conscience, whatever nationality .

:jap:

i'm still waiting for the OP's rebuttal

Wow, I did not realize there are such harsh people on this forum!!! I am still reading, I was out of town and have not had time to read, but so far it sounds like a waste of time, other than the sister in law camping out at the guys Condo or Work!

Yes, I know it is not a perfect World, I asked the same questions about a hundred times now and still get the "deer in the headlights" look, but anyway, it sounds like the wife is bent on making sure the guy is hung in town square to make a point however useless we think it might be!!!

People on here are not being harsh really, just realistic, 20 year old has sex with 70 year old man, not an unusual occurance in Thailand usualy money involved, i think you must live a pretty sheltered life, you should get out more :jap:

Is the old guy from the USA? If so when the baby is born you should go to the American Embassy and register him/her as a US citizen born abroad and apply for a SS number and passport. This could be quite benificial for him/her later on in life. I think you should do this no matter what country the guy is from.

It's not so easy as it used to be. The rules have changed. You should go to the U.S. embassy and check. I'm pretty sure that the father has to agree that this is his child or you better have pretty good dna evidence that it's his, and I'm not sure that's even good enough without his permission. There are even situations now of children born in the us to non-us citizens who don't get American citizenship. So do some checking at the embassy. Don't believe everything you hear.

Is the old guy from the USA? If so when the baby is born you should go to the American Embassy and register him/her as a US citizen born abroad and apply for a SS number and passport. This could be quite benificial for him/her later on in life. I think you should do this no matter what country the guy is from.

Once proven a U.S. citizen you might even be able to colect government support from the U. S. Never know it is worth a try.

Well speaking as a 75 year old I can assure you the rape is definitely out, sex is still possible but it needs a cooperative and helpful female to make it possible. A virgin is virtually impossible, so if this story is to be believed, he would not have been her first and she would have been a willing partner.

Next his age and holding down two jobs, I find this strange as there is a mandatory retirement age, Farang or Thai.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/111552-compulsory-retirement-age-in-thailand/

So I rather agree with those saying Trollwhistling.gif