Wife'S Younger, Thai Sister, Pregnant By Falong, What Legal Recourse Can We Take?

bentley12

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I smell a troll .... many buzz words to get us going, "legal gestapo" "public humiliation for this pervert" ....nice try. He is a 70yo farang with a good job at the airport? whistling.gif

right there with you on this one .....

The question to his answer is simple. File a paternity suit and the judge will determine if someone is the father or not. If he is, child support can be asked for. In Thailand the norm is between 3,000 and 6,000 baht a month, plus share of medical and educational costs for the child.

Don't feed the troll.

you mean the answer to his question? lol

Does Thai law compel alleged father to take DNA test ?

If bentley is finished/not playing under the bridge, he might consider butting out of the equation completely. She is a big girl and if all is true, as told in the topic, the locals will give her all the advice needed.

I'm always amazed by people who post here.

First off you have no idea if they even live here unless you can see their I.P address. So anyone in the world can post here.

Secondly, TV brings out the very best in people. People who ask genuine questions get called "trolls". People who give genuine answers are personally attacked. Some are the outstanding comedians or in their own mind they are.

Getting suggestions as what to do next here is one thing because the likely hood of someone who had the same experience in a foreign land is quite high.

But:

If you have a medical question... ask a Doctor!

If you have a legal issue... ask a Lawyer!

In this case Lady...please talk to a Lawyer! You are talking about the health and welfare of forthcoming child.

I know it would be interesting for all of us to know the answer and it would be up to you to report back if you wish. But I'm sure once you do, certain people will then become instant "experts" on child support laws in Thailand.

So again in regards to your questions and your problems, contact a Lawyer. One that knows Thai paternity law.

I smell a troll .... many buzz words to get us going, "legal gestapo" "public humiliation for this pervert" ....nice try. He is a 70yo farang with a good job at the airport? whistling.gif

I think I saw him in The Terminal with Tom Hanks. And then I saw him in The Naughty Professor with Eddie Murphy. :rolleyes:

Edited by Payboy

If you have a medical question... ask a Doctor!

If you have a legal issue... ask a Lawyer!

Ah but, lawyers can be expensive whereas on the other hand if you receive any advice on ThaiVisa that later turns out to be wrong you get a full refund of exactly what you paid for if.

But I agree with you, if the OP is for real (which I doubt) best advice is to go and see a lawyer.

Yup, just what I was thinking, I don't buy the story for a second

He posted it at 2:40 in the AM. Who is up at 2:40 who has a wife and I assume a job?

A 70 year old with a job at the airport? A job at the University? A 70 year old with a good job at the airport and university is smart enough to wear a condom. Last time I checked 20 year old women were not handing out free sex to 70 year old men.

I tend to agree with KerryK... something is fishy about this story. I am not saying it's impossible because stranger things have happened, but it IS implausible. I AM 70 year old man in pretty good shape, and I do have 20 year old girl friends, but they are "rentals". However, there is no way I could be mistaken for a 40 year old man whom a young Thai woman MIGHT fall in love with. Young Thai women do not fall in love and have sex with 70 year old male farangs... even if they are their tutor. Secondly, it is fairly hard for any farang to get a job in Thailand, let alone a position at the airport. I could believe the man might be a tutor, but not one licensed by any university.

Now, lets examine the REST of the story and suppose it actually IS true. Why would the young woman have unprotected sex with a 70 year old man? My guess is there was a payment of some sort involved. It takes TWO to have sex and both are responsible for the outcome.... whatever it might be. There are such cases as "entrapment" where women intentionally get pregnant with the hope that the man marries them and supports them. Occasionally it works, as It did with my own father and mother. But this doesn't seem to be the case.

However, if the man just says "tough luck honey" and buggers off then the woman is stuck with the consequences. In some countries the man can be charged with a paternity suit and be legally required to help support the child. I am not sure about the laws in Thailand so I can't comment on that situation. If I was a Thai woman in that situation then I would be checking with a lawyer. I wouldn't be asking second hand on an open internet forum.

And finally, I don't have much respect for ANY man that has unprotected sex with young women and won't accept the responsibility in the chance of offspring. I know all the women that I am with insist on a condom as well as take birth control pills. Most of them HAVE had children out of wedlock and they DO know the consequences. Even when I was a young man I wouldn't have unprotected sex unless I knew for sure the girl was on the pill.

Yup, just what I was thinking, I don't buy the story for a second

He posted it at 2:40 in the AM. Who is up at 2:40 who has a wife and I assume a job?

A 70 year old with a job at the airport? A job at the University? A 70 year old with a good job at the airport and university is smart enough to wear a condom. Last time I checked 20 year old women were not handing out free sex to 70 year old men.

My thoughts entirely

i am frequently up past 3 and i am gainfully employed in BKK with a child? why should we all live our lives as you deem normal?

Edited by nocturn

mods can see ip addresses.. this could be fixed in 5secs by them. Guy is obviously from the UK

and i am posting from bkk right now on a vpn that says I am in the Ukraine. So what have you proved?

Is the old guy from the USA? If so when the baby is born you should go to the American Embassy and register him/her as a US citizen born abroad and apply for a SS number and passport. This could be quite benificial for him/her later on in life. I think you should do this no matter what country the guy is from.

Not possible at the US Embassy without the cooperation of both parents, especially the US citizen. DNA testing would almost certainly be required.

Edited by InterestedObserver

A 70 year old with a job at the airport? A job at the University?

I have a wife, 2 kids and a job. I posted later than the OP.

It seemed obvious to me that the OP might be a troll ( my policy is generally not waste time trying to figure such things out and just answer whatever takes my fancy -- it all about entertaining myself) which is why I rhetorically asked, "really?". But the lateness of the posting or even the fact that the alleged villain supposedly has the jobs described, don't seem like much proof of that to me.

If she doesn't want to have the child she can have an abortion. If she wants to keep it then I don't think you should force it on the guy. Becoming a parent should be a joint decision, not at the sole discretion of the women.

It reminds me about the story in America two weeks ago where a woman aborted her fiancee's child against his wishes.

Story seems extremely bias and uses a lot of loaded phrases to persuade opinion.

I tend to agree with KerryK... something is fishy about this story. I am not saying it's impossible because stranger things have happened, but it IS implausible. I AM 70 year old man in pretty good shape, and I do have 20 year old girl friends, but they are "rentals". .............

And finally, I don't have much respect for ANY man that has unprotected sex with young women and won't accept the responsibility in the chance of offspring. I know all the women that I am with insist on a condom as well as take birth control pills. Most of them HAVE had children out of wedlock and they DO know the consequences. Even when I was a young man I wouldn't have unprotected sex unless I knew for sure the girl was on the pill.

haha..'rentals..very funny...biggrin.gif

forgetting about the pill and pregnancy ....i use a condom mainly to avoid unwanted and painful memories of the one night tryst..bah.gif

The Bottom line is No, nothing can be done , They are both above the age of consent , if she was a student at a school or collage, then she could go to the police, All they would do is make the man pay a one off payment , and he would maybe lose his Job. Maybe her relatives have a pair of scissors.That may do the trick.

If she doesn't want to have the child she can have an abortion.

Abortion is illegal in Thailand, so I guess this case goes to Dr. Coat Hanger. :(

It's legal for health reasons, there are many legal places in Thailand to get it done.

If she doesn't want to have the child she can have an abortion.

Abortion is illegal in Thailand, so I guess this case goes to Dr. Coat Hanger. :(

It's legal for health reasons, there are many legal places in Thailand to get it done.

OP didnt say the girl was having health issues. :ermm:

Maybe her relatives have a pair of scissors.That may do the trick.

Which trick?

Snip Snip trick i feed the dog.

I see. And how would that help the OP's sister in law or her child?

(By the way, the "traditional" Thai method is to feed the ducks.)

Maybe her relatives have a pair of scissors.That may do the trick.

Which trick?

Snip Snip trick i feed the dog.

I see. And how would that help the OP's sister in law or her child?

(By the way, the "traditional" Thai method is to feed the ducks.)

Cannot be bother to keep replying to pedantic people ,Dogs ducks who cares they both are the same i know Thai traditions . I just don't know as much as you take care .have a nice Day