Recommended Hotels Bangkok

spacedcowboy

Hello can anyone point me in the direction of guest houses hotels which they would personally recommend in Bangkok.

I am looking for somewhere with a nice atmosphere centrally located around the low/mid price range which Thai Visa users have used within the last couple of months.

If you could also provide me with weekly monthly rate it would be most appreciated.

Many thanks in advance for any replies.

Edited by spacedcowboy

I like bossotel inn myself.Only A couple of minutes from the skytrain,and water taxi.They are located at the riverside area.

The prices are A little over 1000 baht A night breakfast included.Big breakfast.Check it out they have A website.

Hi, I see you have already tried the various websites, unsure which ones, but sawadee.com we found to be much cheaper booking via there than the walk in price, I guess it's all the same wherever you go, we tried a walk in price at a few hotels in jomtiem before, one in particular quoted at the desk 3300 baht,, had a look around other hotels in the area, then logged online and found the same hotel we were quoted 3300 priced more than 1000 baht cheaper for the same room, booked online and paid via an atm and within a couple hours or we had so checked in to the hotel.

Thanks Jonnyscot

I tried pretty much everywhere webwise, I eventually got an address for a place from a friend who had stayed at this particular hotel.

After some considerable searching and once the booking fee, hotel tax etc had been taken into account, they were all coming up over my budget or cheap but in a completely inapropriate location. Also I was a bit unhappy about paying the deposit for something I had not actually seen, I did various searches via hotel review sites but they all seemed to contradict each other I guess paid reviewers are operating on these sites.

I have however discovered the only true review you can rely on is from someone you know and trust.

I usually stay in Drop Inn or Baan Sukhumvit, in a side soi just 50 m off Suk 20 or Suk main. Location is very quiet, yet close to "everything".

Small newish hotels with 10 to 20 rooms, friendly staff, free internet, etc. :D

I usually stay in Drop Inn or Baan Sukhumvit, in a side soi just 50 m off Suk 20 or Suk main. Location is very quiet, yet close to "everything".

You forgot to mention the price....doh! biggrin.gif

You forgot to mention the price....doh! biggrin.gif

Hm yes, usually I pay between Baht 1100.- and 1400.-/night breakfast incl. In June at Drop Inn, I paid "a special" 1200.- :D

I notice a few on the forum recommended the Honey hotel on Soi 19. An OK place for I think it was 900 Baht but a bit basic for my tastes.

Thanks bergen for the additional info. I will check it out next time I'm in town! thumbsup.gif

Also notice the Taipan has increased its prices considerably....mellow.gif

I haven't checked it out, but quite fussy friends of mine always stay at KT Guest House and say it's clean, friendly and great value, although not too central.

Current rate is Baht 650 Single 690 Double including tax/service.

K.T. Guest House

12 Soi Inthamara 44, Suttisarn Road

Din Daeng,

BANGKOK 10400

Might be worth considering. Whatever, have a nice stay in the Big Mango.