Scottish Bars/Pubs

Why do Scots always want to stick together. Are they afraid of other nations?

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Bit of a strange question. Scotsmen have, for centuries, NOT been sticking together. That is why our forefathers left home to found, populate, evangelise and industrialise the world.

We stick together all over the world...

90% of Scots think their country is the best in the world, and 15% would live there, if they had to...

I was in The Sportsman in Singapore the other night as it goes. At the back of Far East Plaza opposite HQ (Four Floors) if you're looking for it.

I was there a few weeks ago, cheapish by Singapore standards i.e. S$10 a pint happy hour, S$13 otherwise, free mince'n totties Sunday afternoon, live music Fri and Sat nights. 1st floor Far East Shopping Centre (above Harry's Bar). Unfortunately the Scottish owner passed away a few years ago, but it still has the same friendly atmosphere.

Is the Butchers Arms in Soi Bukao, Pattaya, Scottish owned?

There used to be MacAndrews bar Soi 20 somewhere in BKK but no longer there.

Not much help, sorry.

Why do Scots always want to stick together. Are they afraid of other nations?

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

That is a rich and powerful question you have posed there my friend. laugh.png

Where's the blether when a short, concise and relevant answer is needed?

You need to post a footnote: Warning: Sarcasm on messages such as that, as some amongst us are quite literal.

I avoid bars with scottish flags like the plague

... What's to say they don't put up a Scottish Flag to keep you out? Haha. Sometimes it's good for a Scotsman to have a drink amongst other Scotsmen, it reminds you to laugh in a harsh city like Pattaya.

I avoid bars with scottish flags like the plague

... What's to say they don't put up a Scottish Flag to keep you out? Haha. Sometimes it's good for a Scotsman to have a drink amongst other Scotsmen, it reminds you to laugh in a harsh city like Pattaya.

It can also serve as a timely reminder not to be rushing home too quickly.

Sometimes it's good for a Scotsman to have a drink amongst other Scotsmen,

Because there'll be at least one other bloke present who'll understand what he's running on about. biggrin.png

Because there'll be at least one other bloke present who'll understand what he's running on about. biggrin.png

Sorry I don't understand the expression "running on"....could you explain this please?

Its origins as well if you don't mind.

Sorry I don't understand the expression "running on"....could you explain this please?

Its origins as well if you don't mind.

Running on means somebody who's speaking without letting somebody get a word in edgeways. As in when I call my folks back home and my mum spends 20 minutes telling me about Auntie Jackie's hysterectomy or that the the neighbour's teen daughter's up the duff.

Much to my delight a Scotsman I worked with back in the UK always used to refer to me ( 6 foot 2 ) as 'Y'aright there wee man"

Edited by mca

.... Much to my delight a Scotsman I worked with back in the UK always used to refer to me ( 6 foot 2 ) as 'Y'aright there wee man"

Sounds tae me like he wuz one o' yon Billy Connolly's infamous 'Wullie Watchers', naw?

• Like 1

.... Much to my delight a Scotsman I worked with back in the UK always used to refer to me ( 6 foot 2 ) as 'Y'aright there wee man"

Sounds tae me like he wuz one o' yon Billy Connolly's infamous 'Wullie Watchers', naw?

I'm not sure about his genuine sweaty sock credentials because when I answered him with a quick blast of "Loch Lomond" ( which I can still remember off by heart from my school days ) he looked at me as if he wish he had a taser to hand.

Edited by mca