Transferring M/C Green Book Name

GiantFan

My buddy has a 5 - 6 year old Honda Wave registered in his name from the Honda dealer in south Patong. He has been transferred by his company and will not be back to Phuket for a while. The bike is parked in my garage at the moment. He has asked me to sell it on to pay me back for money that he owes me. He sent me the Green Book (not stolen).

I think the easiest way is to transfer to my name first. Years ago, I knew a man (husband of a waitress I knew) that went down to the Land Transport Department every day to register cars / motorbikes, but I have lost contact with him. Anyone know of someone that does this? What documentation is required?

BTW, never see Honda Wave's for sale in the Gazette. Any idea why? What is a 6 y.o. Wave (110 cc) worth these days? Low mileage (3 - 4K km).

To transfer from a registered foreign owner, you need copy od passport with valid permit to stay, signed, and signed transfer from and proxy if he doesnt go with you to DLT.

If you have this, hurry up to DLT at Saphan Hin before permit to stay expires. Bring bike as it needs to be inspected before transfer accepted

6 yo wave 110, disc brake el starter. perhaps 10k baht

To transfer from a registered foreign owner, you need copy od passport with valid permit to stay, signed, and signed transfer from and proxy if he doesnt go with you to DLT.

If you have this, hurry up to DLT at Saphan Hin before permit to stay expires. Bring bike as it needs to be inspected before transfer accepted

Just about to post the same advice. Need valid copy of owner's passport with entry permit or extension still valid. If out of date then ????

Just about to post the same advice. Need valid copy of owner's passport with entry permit or extension still valid. If out of date then ????

contact a registration fixer. friends of DLT employees always have a solution ;)

contact a registration fixer. friends of DLT employees always have a solution ;)

Hi I do this all the time as have a bike rental business and the biggest issue is if your friends VISA stamp has expired - if this is the case then you are out of luck and it will not be possible to transfer the green book over to your name, I tried this several years ago with a bike I bought when I first got here - there is no way to do this if the VISA has expired AT ALL!!!! The bike can still be sold but can not change the name in the book so it devalues the bike slightly.

I just sold on of my Honda Waves - 8 years old, no electric start or disc brake for 13,000 THB - It has been serviced every month, the engine and gearbox were reconditioned and I had just put new body panels on about 3 months ago. If the milage is that low and the body work/ engine is in good condition hold out for about 15,000 THB minimum!

PM me if you want more details - I have an agent I use for all of the name transfers as well as tax and insurance... it makes it a lot easier for a nominal fee and you dont have to go down to the gov office :o)

Can someone confirm what paperwork is required from the seller of a bike to transfer the green book. I am selling a bike right now and as far as i'm aware just need to give copy of passport, non imm visa stamp and entry stamp and of course the signed green book and sign transfer papers.

The buyer insists i need to give him a copy of work permit or residency paper. I told him only the buyer needs these extra documents to register they're name in the book.

When i registered the green book in my name, the Phuket RT office didn't require the sellers WP or residency.

The point is, my name is already in the green book, so i would have to have shown WP or residency in order to put in my name. Now i'm selling i'm only authenticating that the green book name can be transfered.

As far as I know the buyer only need a copy of seller's valid passport & in-date entry stamp/extension. Plus the transfer papers signed off.

Even when buying I was never asked for WP, as I had the Residency paper from Immigration. Might be the case (not sure) that WP is accepted in lieu of Residency paper.But both not required.

from foreign seller you need

signed copy passport with entry stamp or valid permit to stay

signed transferform

signed proxy if seller is not present at DLT on transfer

Phuket DLT does not require adress confirmation from seller, only from buyer

blue pen for signing is recomended

from foreign seller you need

signed copy passport with entry stamp or valid permit to stay

signed transferform

signed proxy if seller is not present at DLT on transfer

Phuket DLT does not require adress confirmation from seller, only from buyer

blue pen for signing is recomended