Kicking And Punching Bags

connda

I'd like to work out using a full size kicking bag. I don't want to have to join a Muey Thai gym or pay the 300 to 400 baht a day they want for training. I'm an old retired farang on a fixed income and contrary to common belief, I'm not made out of money. So I'd like to pay maybe no more than 50 baht a day to do bag work.

Does anyone know a gym like this. I'm getting really tired that everyone thinks I'm rich because of the color of my skin. I just want to train as inexpensively as possible.

If you can help, thanks!

If your staying long-term, consider buying a bag, skipping rope, some mitts and a decent pair of cushioned shoes and your good to go. Most muay thai gyms are so commercial now that they charge upwards of 400 baht per day.

I don't know anywhere in town where you can train for 50 baht per day, unless you buy into a contract.

Theres only one place I know with a bag and thats the 700year stadium. I must add that the bag is as light as air and unfortunately to high for kicking.

If I had the money I would so open a decent boxing gym. There are very good Muay Thai places around but they are so expensive. Fight clubs with all types of styles in the Uk are never more than 3000- 4000 baht a month and you can use the gyms as much as you like with whatever classes you like.

I've trained in the same boxing gyms as Chris Eubank and Lennox Lewis and they never cost me more than 120 baht each time. If you work out the math relatively it juts goes to show how much of a ripoff these M.Thai places are. And to be honest the training in my opinion is not that much better if at all.

connda.<BR><BR>re ... I'd like to pay maybe no more than 50 baht a day to do bag work.<BR><BR>a long shot maybe but you can only try<BR><BR>theres a bunch of young thais who have set up a boxing ring by the shop selling religious<BR><BR>stuff on the inner side of the south moat <BR><BR>they started with this bag in april and now have two bags hanging and built a boxing ring<BR><BR>but ive never seen anyone using the stuff during the day <BR><BR>the man at the computer stall selling secondhand laptops has someting to do with it ... try asking him : )<BR><BR>good luck ... dave2<BR><BR>ps .... if no luck pm me coz i know of another simillar one near where i live thats never used in the day either <BR><BR>but id have to take you there coz youd never find it : (<BR> <BR>edited coz i forgot the map : (

post-42592-0-67708800-1309006289_thumb.j

post-42592-0-69341300-1309007021_thumb.j

Edited by dave2

You can practice with our karate club. We don't kick bags every practice. However, it is still a good workout... and it's free.

Japan Karate Institute Wado Kai, Chiang Mai

MSPain

Sensei Mike. Thanks for the offer. I'd be interested. What should I bring with me if I attend.

Thanks!

Dan Alexander

Edited by connda

You can practice with our karate club. We don't kick bags every practice. However, it is still a good workout... and it's free.

MSPain

Sensei Mike. Thanks for the offer. I'd be interested. What should I bring with me if I attend.

Thanks!

Dan Alexander

Hello.

You don't need to bring anything. You should wear loose clothes like for exercising.

There is a map on the web site with the location. We practice Mondays and Wednesdays at the Student Union building in CMU. Practice starts at 6:00 p.m. You should arrive before that to stretch and loosen up.

You are welcome to join us. If you stop by practice we can give you more information. We also practice on Saturdays (at a different location) and there would actually be more chance to use bags, etc., on Saturday.

MSPain

MSPain

Thanks!

Dan Alexander

Hello.

You don't need to bring anything. You should wear loose clothes like for exercising.

There is a map on the web site with the location. We practice Mondays and Wednesdays at the Student Union building in CMU. Practice starts at 6:00 p.m. You should arrive before that to stretch and loosen up.

You are welcome to join us. If you stop by practice we can give you more information. We also practice on Saturdays (at a different location) and there would actually be more chance to use bags, etc., on Saturday.

MSPain

Can I ask where do you train on saturdays... and is it mat flooring...??

Edited by james24

Can I ask where do you train on saturdays... and is it mat flooring...??

Yes

Ban Wang Tan

Yes

You can look on the web site for information. I don't know if TV allows putting web sites on, so you can just search for it. The only thing we have to pay for is our own uniforms and belts if we pass an examination. The belts are made in Japan and carry the Wado Kai label, so they are more expensive than the run of the mill belts.

MSPain