Pattaya Dry

NanLaew

So the alcohol sales closed at 6pm last night (Saturday) as a dry-run for next week's official election drought. So dry weekend of 25/26th AND 2nd/3rd July.

Then I hear there's some local electioneering that will do the same for the weekend of 11/12 July.

After that, there's the Buddha weekend of 17th-20th.

My fridge is big enough but how about them what can't drink at home? Is 4 weekends of government induced abstinence going to be another low-season nail in the .......?

Edited by NanLaew

Walking around a somewhat dark and quiet 2nd Rd/Soi Diana area yesterday evening, I was interested to see the large numbers of farangs sitting at the back of darkened bars, all clutching large disposable drinks containers.

I'm sure that they were meeting there to discuss the elections over a CocaCola.

Walking around a somewhat dark and quiet 2nd Rd/Soi Diana area yesterday evening, I was interested to see the large numbers of farangs sitting at the back of darkened bars, all clutching large disposable drinks containers.

I'm sure that they were meeting there to discuss the elections over a CocaCola.

I just read in another thread () the alcohol ban ends at midnight, so does that mean pattaya will wake up again at midnight tonight?

30 minutes ago the open beer bottles were in plain view everywhere. The lights were still off though.

Personally I think this blatant lack of respect for the law is rather depressing, and doesnt bode well.

30 minutes ago the open beer bottles were in plain view everywhere. The lights were still off though.

Personally I think this blatant lack of respect for the law is rather depressing, and doesnt bode well.

lol, whereabouts?

Just had some inside info that all bars and clubs will be officially open tonight at midnight, got 4 beers and 2 leftover spy in my fridge so I reckon if i pace myself I'll be alright till then :-)

lol, whereabouts?

Just had some inside info that all bars and clubs will be officially open tonight at midnight, got 4 beers and 2 leftover spy in my fridge so I reckon if i pace myself I'll be alright till then :-)

Better stock up for thw coming weekend then, and the 2 after that!