Phuket Customs Warns Of Foreigners Cheating Thai Ladies

webfact

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are of course exceptions, but the shear arrogance of some thai-birds in their scams and heartless schemes that really hurt people, emotionally.....

Playing with fire > getting burned > pot calling kettle > etc.

Thhe trouble with this is that it is not the same "Thai-birds" scamming the farangs that are being caught up in these reversed scamming activities. Surely you do not think that it is bar-girls that are being scammed so please have a little bit of sympathy for the Thai ladies that are being ripped-off!!! Besides, they (bar girls) are much too wiley and shrewd to fall for such things as they are the true master perpetrators of this type of scheme and DEFINITELY would not send money to SOMEONE ELSE.

:violin:

Haven't been a victim yourself have we, by any chance???? :D

Yeah, this is why i am playing violin for your "kind "words, you must be one of the "good hearts" :cheesy:

Better to be kind hearted and understanding than patronising and uncaring!!!:jap: But you wouldn't understand this.

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

Ah! Now the boot's on the other foot. I wonder whether a Thai making a complaint about a foreign national trying to cheat them, will generate more police activity than the other - usual - way round . . .

Of course...the perps have deeper pockets.

This is one of the big problems with the Thai psyche and xenephobia; they have had this type of thinking ingrained in them since birth.

Why does it have to be about foreigners and Thais; wouldn't it be wise to just say to everyone; be aware, be smart and vigilant and don't be decieved by anyone....guess that is beyond the Thai scope of thinking...at least the govt's :annoyed:

Here, here. The true facts are that many Thai women are equally as good at scamming money from Men. I seriously doubt that nationality matters when you step back and look at the big picture. Men scam women, and women scam men, that's just how it works when you live in a country where the government and others really don't give a shit about their people, and then make their xenophobic claims whenever a foreigner gets in on the act.

I am married to a Thai, and she, unlike many other women I have met here, never ever asked me, and doesn't ask me for me for money. There are good ones and there are bad ones. I am so lucky that I managed to find a good one, if you do, then marry her and treat her like she deserves to be treated. Always keep in mind that the woman that is tempting you from your marriage is the one that will ask you for money.

The ones that don't ask often take. Life insurance paid up?

Actually this customs fee scam has been around for years, it is a variation of the Nigerian advanced fee fraud, normally called the 419 fraud. (do a google)

It has been noted that as westerners have become more aware of these fraud schemes, their perpetrators are increasingly targeting less sophisticated Asians. The Philippines in particular has been heavily targeted as Filipino women are desperate for foreign husbands.

Unfortunate for the women involved, but it's nice to see the boot on the other foot for once.

Agreed. When they are many lovestruck expats losing their life savings every day in Thailand thinking they are supporting the love of their life and being left with nothing, it's kinda hard to feel sorry for this one anonymous woman (is she does exist) who lost nothing and the other women in the rumoured other cases.

Any Expat over the age of 45 that has or is in the process of losing their life savings because they are LOVESTRUCK .... deserves it! IMHO :rolleyes:

Anyone of any age who marries a hooker deserves it..!

Notwithstanding your remark, on internet dating sites there are legions of non-hooker Thai girls trying to do the same thing although they may not work in the sex business. They are in the scamming mode. Learn from word of mouth and friends that they can find a lonely gullible foreigner that will be "very generous"

Why do they not seek well to do thai men? They have a much lower chance to succeed in getting money from a guy that understands the society, culture and the girls. Of course not 100% of them are scammers.

One true story from an internet site meeting;

Invited her to eat dinner at an upscale thai pub-restaurant. Girl called from taxi to get direction and get this. "order a whiskey and soda". es, en-route ordered a drink. The bartender that took the call looks at me in disbelief and said it is very strange. Online girl spoke about her 10,000 baht/week hi-so modeling job but called me to the street to pay her taxi fare, because "she did not have small money" 77 baht fare, she gave the driver my 100 baht and said "keep the change" Hmmm, first impressions no so good.

Next I could not help but notice her skin tone was way darker than her internet pics, in which she appears to have chinese blood. Photoshop !!

She begings to drink like a fish and tell me tall tales. She was an ABAC student. Then a Mahido student, then Chiang Mai U. I notice her Thai language ability is not consistent with students at those universities, she doesn't know the meaning of several very common thai words. My boredom has hit an all time high so I ask for the check at which time she orders an additional 2 drinks. I cancel the 2 drinks because I am tired and am going home. She tells me "its nothing for you" why do you cancel order ? I tell her cause I am leaving and someone that claims to have been a student at top universities should know better, especially after a pricey meal and drinks already. 3,000 baht bill already. She starts to tell me she doesn't like stingy people, blah, blah blah, quack quack... Delusional alcoholic is my impression, or just basic lying alcoholic. There are many girls like that, some with alcohol, some without. She created a new profile on a popular internet dating site.

Who will be the next "lucky guy" ???:whistling:

Actually this customs fee scam has been around for years, it is a variation of the Nigerian advanced fee fraud, normally called the 419 fraud. (do a google)

It has been noted that as westerners have become more aware of these fraud schemes, their perpetrators are increasingly targeting less sophisticated Asians. The Philippines in particular has been heavily targeted as Filipino women are desperate for foreign husbands.

Unfortunate for the women involved, but it's nice to see the boot on the other foot for once.

Agreed. When they are many lovestruck expats losing their life savings every day in Thailand thinking they are supporting the love of their life and being left with nothing, it's kinda hard to feel sorry for this one anonymous woman (is she does exist) who lost nothing and the other women in the rumoured other cases.

Any Expat over the age of 45 that has or is in the process of losing their life savings because they are LOVESTRUCK .... deserves it! IMHO :rolleyes:

Anyone of any age who marries a hooker deserves it..!

Notwithstanding your remark, on internet dating sites there are legions of non-hooker Thai girls trying to do the same thing although they may not work in the sex business. They are in the scamming mode. Learn from word of mouth and friends that they can find a lonely gullible foreigner that will be "very generous"

Why do they not seek well to do thai men? They have a much lower chance to succeed in getting money from a guy that understands the society, culture and the girls. Of course not 100% of them are scammers.

Invited her to eat dinner at an upscale thai pub-restaurant. Girl called from taxi to get direction and get this. "order a whiskey and soda". yes, en-route ordered a drink. The bartender that took the call looks at me in disbelief and said it is very strange. Online girl spoke about her 10,000 baht/week hi-so modeling job but called me to the street to pay her taxi fare, because "she did not have small money" 77 baht fare, she gave the driver my 100 baht and said "keep the change" Hmmm, first impressions no so good.

Next I could not help but notice her skin tone was way darker than her internet pics, in which she appears to have chinese blood. Photoshop !!

She begings to drink like a fish and tell me tall tales. She was an ABAC student. Then a Mahido student, then Chiang Mai U. I notice her Thai language ability is not consistent with students at those universities, she doesn't know the meaning of several very common thai words. My boredom has hit an all time high so I ask for the check at which time she orders an additional 2 drinks. I cancel the 2 drinks because I am tired and am going home. She tells me "its nothing for you" why do you cancel order ? I tell her cause I am leaving and someone that claims to have been a student at top universities should know better, especially after a pricey meal and drinks already. 3,000 baht bill already. She starts to tell me she doesn't like stingy people, blah, blah blah, quack quack... Delusional alcoholic is my impression, or just basic lying alcoholic. There are many girls like that, some with alcohol, some without. She created a new profile on a popular internet dating site. It appears she is conspiring with another female member on that site.

Edited by atyclb

Are the airfares from Nigeria becoming cheaper?

Yes mon, me got plenty good seats, me fly you long time, just send your birth date, credit card number and expiration date, bank account, phone number, address, pin, password, mother''s maiden name, copy of your passport, two passport size photos, thumb print, retinal eye scan, and don't forget mon to sign the attached power of attorney. Did I mention, mon, you won the sweepstakes and we have $2 million in an account of a deceased individual of which I am the executor and with no surviving relatives I need to transfer this money to your account, mon.

Invited her to eat dinner at an upscale thai pub-restaurant. Girl called from taxi to get direction and get this. "order a whiskey and soda". es, en-route ordered a drink. The bartender that took the call looks at me in disbelief and said it is very strange. Online girl spoke about her 10,000 baht/week hi-so modeling job but called me to the street to pay her taxi fare, because "she did not have small money" 77 baht fare, she gave the driver my 100 baht and said "keep the change" Hmmm, first impressions no so good.

She begings to drink like a fish and tell me tall tales. She was an ABAC student. Then a Mahido student, then Chiang Mai U. I notice her Thai language ability is not consistent with students at those universities, she doesn't know the meaning of several very common thai words. My boredom has hit an all time high so I ask for the check at which time she orders an additional 2 drinks. I cancel the 2 drinks because I am tired and am going home. She tells me "its nothing for you" why do you cancel order ? I tell her cause I am leaving and someone that claims to have been a student at top universities should know better, especially after a pricey meal and drinks already. 3,000 baht bill already. She starts to tell me she doesn't like stingy people, blah, blah blah, quack quack... Delusional alcoholic is my impression, or just basic lying alcoholic. There are many girls like that, some with alcohol, some without. She created a new profile on a popular internet dating site.

Hard to conceive of dating anybody via a web site, especially when you can see Thai girls in internet cafes with 6 chats going on simultaneously, each one believing they have her full attention. The first clue you are in trouble is if she speaks English. Now how and why did she learn to do that? (If you haven't met her in her capacity as a hotel executive or international marketing rep.)

So Phuket Customs are on RED ALERT because there has alledgedly been ,an Attempted/Failed Scam on a Thai,

And this is cause for warning the Thai People?

The message is loud and clear:our Scams on Tourists etc are OK, and won't be investigated,or stopped..............

"But dont even think of Scamming us"

The Audacity and Hypocracy is Breathtaking!

Edited by MAJIC

Better to be kind hearted and understanding than patronising and uncaring!!!:jap: But you wouldn't understand this.

Do you actually know where Thailand is and what Phuket is?

Yesss!!! It's in South East Asia and I live here!! Phuket is a 3.5 hour drive away from where I live so I know this place too.

Can you ask me some more challenging questions please as these are far too easy!!:lol:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

som-nam-na!!! the farang bites back!!!

There are of course exceptions, but the shear arrogance of some thai-birds in their scams and heartless schemes that really hurt people, emotionally.....

Thhe trouble with this is that it is not the same "Thai-birds" scamming the farangs that are being caught up in these reversed scamming activities. Surely you do not think that it is the bar-girl types or those who go out of their way to relieve farangs of their life savings that are being scammed so please have a little bit of sympathy for the Thai ladies that are being ripped-off!!! Besides, they (bar girls) and manipulative "black widows" are much too wiley and shrewd to fall for such things as they are the true master perpetrators of this type of scheme and DEFINITELY would not send money to SOMEONE ELSE.

:cheesy:

Edited by MAJIC

So you must be the saviour of the village and entire family with the size if your "good heart", care and compassion?

Put any money aside for return airfare home yet? I suggest you hide it now, before it's too late.

Yesss!!! It's in South East Asia and I live here!! Phuket is a 3.5 hour drive away from where I live so I know this place too.

Can you ask me some more challenging questions please as these are far too easy!!:lol:

Hard to conceive of dating anybody via a web site, especially when you can see Thai girls in internet cafes with 6 chats going on simultaneously, each one believing they have her full attention. The first clue you are in trouble is if she speaks English. Now how and why did she learn to do that? (If you haven't met her in her capacity as a hotel executive or international marketing rep.)

I hear you. In addition, it becomes scary when you/us have Thai vocabulary unknown to them.

Actually I have a pretty decent filter. If she can play piano or other instrument or teaches music chances are against being a scam. I have upscale friends met via university or hi level stuff as you say.

Edited by atyclb

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

som-nam-na!!! the farang bites back!!!

Thhe trouble with this is that it is not the same "Thai-birds" scamming the farangs that are being caught up in these reversed scamming activities. Surely you do not think that it is the bar-girl types or those who go out of their way to relieve farangs of their life savings that are being scammed so please have a little bit of sympathy for the Thai ladies that are being ripped-off!!! Besides, they (bar girls) and manipulative "black widows" are much too wiley and shrewd to fall for such things as they are the true master perpetrators of this type of scheme and DEFINITELY would not send money to SOMEONE ELSE.

:cheesy:

How long did it take you to think this clever retort up??? Very original indeed!!

Mind you, you did have to edit it so maybe not so brilliant after all. Please tell me - how can you edit a single emoticon??? Press the wrong button by mistake first time did we!!! HaHaHaHaHaHa ;)

Or maybe you deleted the full stop - classic!!!!!!!

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

It is highly unfortuante and regretable too that you have to refer to my well thought out proposal as an ass letter. I was highly disappointed in my over two decades of legal practice i have been so shabbly treated. I am a good Christina and will give you 25% for your corporation. I am a respective business magnet in my country not a cheap huzzler, and this fund has no relationship with Drug, money, laundry or any form of illegality. Right now I can't not call you because my hand phone was stole yesterday by arm rubbers.

www.scamwarners.com

It is highly unfortuante and regretable too that you have to refer to my well thought out proposal as an ass letter. I was highly disappointed in my over two decades of legal practice i have been so shabbly treated. I am a good Christina and will give you 25% for your corporation. I am a respective business magnet in my country not a cheap huzzler, and this fund has no relationship with Drug, money, laundry or any form of illegality. Right now I can't not call you because my hand phone was stole yesterday by arm rubbers.

www.scamwarners.com

Lost many hours reading through www.scambaiters.com some crazy stuff going on there, some of the sound files of recorded phone calls had me on the floor :clap2:

In my time here dating thai women i must have been hit with attempted scams 2-3 times per month...some dark part of me feels better knowing it goes the other way.

So you must be the saviour of the village and entire family with the size if your "good heart", care and compassion?

Put any money aside for return airfare home yet? I suggest you hide it now, before it's too late.

Sorry, you threw me as I was expecting some follow up questions not a nonsensical posting!!! Both of my Thai wife's parents are deceased and her brothers and sisters have never asked for money from us. Sichon is a town and not a village so I don't need to hide my money. In fact 350 parents GIVE US money every month so kind of nullifies your thinking on this doesn't it.

Sorry, you threw me as I was expecting some follow up questions not a nonsensical posting!!! Both of my Thai wife's parents are deceased and her brothers and sisters have never asked for money from us. Sichon is a town and not a village so I don't need to hide my money. In fact 350 parents GIVE US money every month so kind of nullifies your thinking on this doesn't it.

passifier.gifI am sorry but your personal life is not of interest to me, nor it is in any way relevant to the threadofftopic2.gif

But just to make you feel better here some violin.gif

passifier.gifI am sorry but your personal life is not of interest to me, nor it is in any way relevant to the threadofftopic2.gif

But just to make you feel better here some violin.gif

Ah!!! violins, my favourite instrument (after guitars and drums and saxophones so maybe not then).

so your posting before mine WASN'T off topic then!!!! All I was doing was replying to you're off topic post - fair enough????

Edited by metisdead
Repaired the reply.

How dare foreigners come here and cheat our women. If it keeps up like this Isaan will go bankrupt, and foreigners will have a bad name in Thailand.

It depends on the woman getting scammed. If she does the same to foreigners all the time, which I guarantee she does, then it is great news to hear the raawng thaao is on the other foot.