Nanny/Maid

kurnell

Granted we only have one baby in the house (13 months), but our nanny both takes care of the baby and the cleaning quite well. Highchairs are used for feeding and the baby is given plenty plenty of attention throughout the day. The house is kept organized and clean and so far everyone is happy. I will admit she gives the baby far more leeway in some things than my wife and I would, but given a cross section of 10 parents you would likely find that all 10 have different ways of doing things. I guess to finally answers the OP's question...no it is not too much to ask to have a nanny provide both childcare and housework, especially if one of the children is out of the house for most of the day.

Anyone know of a good live in nanny/maid then?

My wife and I have gone through 4 nannies.

Never had 2 at a time,

When we had only 1 boy the nanny was expected to take care of him and do household chores.

We offered everything but they always tarted good and burned out quick. Our son is not troublesome and is only 1.6yrs old. My wife also stays at home as she now just gave birth.

We tried cheap, expensive, Thai, Burmese and basically in Thailand they do not have the skilled training and love unless it's their own children.

All of our friends have experienced the same issues.

I would be happy to find just 1 person to do the job and I think it should suffice you too.

I even offered 12000 baht salary and got crap.

The best one I paid 5500 baht per month but she started stealing and we had to get rind of her.

Yes, I had an English speaking Burmese lady that wanted 15,000 baht. She was terrible. Her childcare was pathetic, cleaning non-existent and she used to turn the TV on when we went to bed to sit and watch the soap operas. When I fired her after 1 month, she demanded a month severance. We dropped her off a the expressway exit and that was the last i saw of her

Msz and I both work full time and get home between 6.30-7.30pm. Whenever we have had a 2 maid/nanny combination they have tended to disgree with each other, or one loafs while the other works and the worker finally gets pist off and leaves. We have never had one of these high priced Burmese nannies that I hear so much about, so I am keen to try.

Why do both of you work full time when you have babies at home? I mean , do you want the maid or nanny to bring up you children?

Or did you made a mistake 2 times? :whistling:

who are you to question somebody's work ethic?

Thai visa boggles my mind.

Msz and I both work full time and get home between 6.30-7.30pm. Whenever we have had a 2 maid/nanny combination they have tended to disgree with each other, or one loafs while the other works and the worker finally gets pist off and leaves. We have never had one of these high priced Burmese nannies that I hear so much about, so I am keen to try.

Why do both of you work full time when you have babies at home? I mean , do you want the maid or nanny to bring up you children?

It is not the work ethic that is being questioned but the parental skills

• 2 weeks later...

It is not the work ethic that is being questioned but the parental skills

And you are qualified as? I am guessing you spend most of your time in beer bars

Yes, I had an English speaking Burmese lady that wanted 15,000 baht. She was terrible. Her childcare was pathetic, cleaning non-existent and she used to turn the TV on when we went to bed to sit and watch the soap operas. When I fired her after 1 month, she demanded a month severance. We dropped her off a the expressway exit and that was the last i saw of her

' We dropped her off a the expressway exit and that was the last i saw of her ' :lol:

15 000 B for a live in maid :o I know of some live in maids in CM (Burmese) that get 2500 B a month.

Obviously Bkk salaries are different.

Both of us have careers and we have a mortgage and other bills to pay. Not really an option for one of us to stay at home

Not really an option?? ....but you opted to have kids and someone else to raise them. Puzzling...

Mate, you are clueless, so drop it