No 150 Baht Atm Fees For 4 First Withdrawals Per Month?

Cheops

Hi All,

just today I saw following message on a Bangkok Bank ATM:

NO ATM fees for the first 4 withdrawals per month using a bankcard which does not belong the ATM-pool.

Anyone seen this as well? Anyone tried to use and didn't need to pay the 150baht? I saw this message using my Central creditcard (which also doesn't belong to the ATM pool) withdraw some cash (I know it will costs me some commission, but needed some cash at this moment). I still need to try to withdraw some money using my overseas bankcard to see if there is no fee now.

Just wondered if this means they will be more friendly for tourists/expats with foreign cards etc. Could it possibly be? :lol:

That has nothing to do with foreign card use. It is for using a local ATM card in another Thai bank pool member bank ATM. First four have always been free - after that there is a small fee of about 20 baht charged. Most Thai banks are members of the Pool.

That has nothing to do with foreign card use. It is for using a local ATM card in another Thai bank pool member bank ATM. First four have always been free - after that there is a small fee of about 20 baht charged. Most Thai banks are members of the Pool.

Well, the 150 baht charge was/is for ALL cards which are not in the Thai bank pool (and that's thus including the foreign bankcards). And yes, there is a charge after 4 withdrawals per month, BUT this charge is also for cards which are in the same ATM pool, but from different banks. The message that I saw today is new (at least on the ATM that I use frequently) and basicly says that there should be no fee for all cards which not belong to the ATM pool for the first 4 uses. And that could indeed mean no 150 baht fee for the first 4 uses per month for foreign cards. (BUT, TIT and you could be correct afterall. Only they write like you could interprete it like I do) B)

I don't get it.. if I put my Farmer Bank ATM card into a Bangkok Bank ATM then I do get charged the 20 baht right?

Which cards would not be charged the 20 baht then? More obscure banks, or financial institutions?

There should be no change for the first four times each month if done in the card home location (if your bank is in Bangkok any Pool ATM in Bangkok would be free).

I saw the message using my Kasikorn card in a Bangkok Bank ATM, the other day.

Thanks for your message. Most likely it will mean indeed somelike this, that a card from another bank will need to pay after 4 times use, but then again, Kasikorn is in the same ATM pool. The message is quite missleading. Well, I will try it when I take my foreign bank card this week.

Edited by Cheops

n

I saw the message using my Kasikorn card in a Bangkok Bank ATM, the other day.

Thanks for your message. Most likely it will mean indeed somelike this, that a card from another bank will need to pay after 4 times use, but then again, Kasikorn is in the same ATM pool. The message is quite missleading. Well, I will try it when I take my foreign bank card this week.

And..... did they charged you the 150 THB?