Homemade Smoker

Pattel

I am thinking of doing some home smoking, and as I don't have a BBQ I thought I might make one. Have looked on the internet for useful info and one of the easiest ways to build one is to start with a Trash Can (metal dustbin).

Does anybody know where to buy one, all the ones I've seen are plastic and I think a 50 Gallon drum might be to complicated. Also Pink Salt for curing.

Thank you in anticipation of many helpful replies.

You might try the hardware shops +/or metal shops on Thepprasit Rd. in Jomtien. Also, right near the same road's intersection with Sukhumvit is True Value Hardware; they're on Sukhumvit and sure to have what you need... albeit kinda pricey. G'luck! Smoke one for me...

B)

PS-

Edited by Michaelaway

Back in Canada we used to make the best smokers using an old fridge. Just cut a hole in the bottom to but your smoke chips in and one in the top for the smoke to go out and vuala it even has the selfs in there for hanging or laying out whatever your smokin. For cold smoke just bury a small 4" pipe under ground 7 or 8' away and let the smoke head up the pipe into the fridge. Old fridges are easy to find and iether free or dirt cheap.

Probably if you Google "Fridge style smokers" or same using image search you can see many but it's pretty dam_n easy mate.