Property Prices To Drop In Plai Laem?

Check with district office, if they have a permit. Just get enough people to sign a petition & approach , the district office with noise complaint.

I am sure you have enough home owners & hotels in the area to get this underway. Unlike another one that was in the hills ( Nalak's thread ) when at the time the complaint was only undertaken by a couple of residents willing to put their names on paper.

What I am telling you about a signed petition, is what I've been told by someone very well in the know, so started up & also give a copy to the Mayor.

Don't expect the normal process to work quickly, I understand it is the family of one of the mayors team who is doing this. They are very highly connected and I would expect they have passed out a lot of envelopes ...

You are right.It is "family" run.

I would happily put my name to a petition not because I object to a party being held, but I,in common with many others am not nocturnal.

I see no reason why a very small percentage of people should be allowed to ruin a whole nights sleep for the majority of people living locally.

It's not as if the revelers can even watch the sunrise from this location!

I would have thought that there is room for compromise by reducing the sound after an agreed time.

Check with district office, if they have a permit. Just get enough people to sign a petition & approach , the district office with noise complaint.

I am sure you have enough home owners & hotels in the area to get this underway. Unlike another one that was in the hills ( Nalak's thread ) when at the time the complaint was only undertaken by a couple of residents willing to put their names on paper.

What I am telling you about a signed petition, is what I've been told by someone very well in the know, so started up & also give a copy to the Mayor.

Don't expect the normal process to work quickly, I understand it is the family of one of the mayors team who is doing this. They are very highly connected and I would expect they have passed out a lot of envelopes ...

You are right.It is "family" run.

I would happily put my name to a petition not because I object to a party being held, but I,in common with many others am not nocturnal.

I see no reason why a very small percentage of people should be allowed to ruin a whole nights sleep for the majority of people living locally.

It's not as if the revelers can even watch the sunrise from this location!

I would have thought that there is room for compromise by reducing the sound after an agreed time.

Does the word COMPROMISE exist on Samui ?

Nalak: Hypocrite of the year award. When it happens to you, fury. When it happens to someone else, sounds like a good idea. The mind boggles. I think you just have a chip on your shoulder and trying to troll.

I was going to reply to nalak but you have done it for me and you are spot on.

AND the photo is wrong!

For me it's the sheer arrogance of thinking that my sleep requirements (and many others) are not as important as their minority requirements to sway and jerk around like Mr. Bean.

Nalak: Hypocrite of the year award. When it happens to you, fury. When it happens to someone else, sounds like a good idea. The mind boggles. I think you just have a chip on your shoulder and trying to troll.

AND the photo is wrong!

For me it's the sheer arrogance of thinking that my sleep requirements (and many others) are not as important as their minority requirements to sway and jerk around like Mr. Bean.

Wait till the night flights from Sydney start arriving....whistling.gif

AND the photo is wrong!

Wait till the night flights from Sydney start arriving....whistling.gif

They'll be going to the new Airport.Thaksin International.