Critics Of Red Shirts Targeting Pheu Thai : Thida

webfact

RED MPS

Critics of red shirts targeting Pheu Thai : Thida

By PRAVIT ROJANAPHRUK,

OHARN LERTRATTANADAMRONGKUL

The Nation

Those criticising the elected red-shirt leaders and insisting that they are not supposed to hold Cabinet seats are actually out to subvert the Pheu Thai Party, Thida Tavornset Tojirakarn, acting chairwoman of the red-shirt Demcratic Alliance Against Dictatorship, said yesterday.

However, that comment was her personal view and not made in her capacity as chairwoman of the movement, which takes no position on the matter and would allow Pheu Thai to decide the issue, she told The Nation.

Thida, whose husband Weng is a Pheu Thai party-list MP-elect, warned that those doubting the suitability of elected red-shirt leaders harboured ill intentions towards the ruling Pheu Thai Party, as the red-shirt movement is one of the two "legs" of the party.

"I must say that [those critics] are very afraid of the red shirts and have concluded that Pheu Thai won due to red-shirt support. So they want to destroy Pheu Thai by undermining the red shirts. Some [red shirts] have already been jailed without evidence. If the Pheu Thai Party people listen [to such criticism], then it's up to their intelligence. The way to undermine Pheu Thai is to undermine the reds," she said on the phone.

Thida also warned that if none of the red-shirt leaders is awarded a Cabinet post, it might sow discontent among the red shirts and their rural leaders.

Such anti-red views look like those of the Democrat Party's acting secretary-general Suthep Thaugsuban and reflect unwillingness of these people to accept defeat at the polls, she said.

"They find words to accuse us, like saying we want to change the [political] system."

Incoming MP Snoh Thienthong opposed a move to award the red-shirt leaders with Cabinet seats.

"I have talked to senior figures in the red-shirt movement and they agree not push for ministerial appointments," he said.

Thida's formal announcement as head of the movement was cryptic and could be construed as a warning to the politicians inside Pheu Thai who are jockeying for positions.

However, Thida said the movement "does not support any particular political party" and would scrutinise the next government.

The DAAD also urged Pheu Thai to quickly form the new government and urgently address the needs and plight of the people. The movement also wants to see the junta-sponsored Constitution amended. They called for proper healing and support of all victims of the political violence and military crackdown on red-shirt protesters.

Thida said the red-shirt movement has matured and that led to many extra people exercising their voting right in the July 3 election.

The movement wanted laws to be applied equally on all people charged, whether red shirts, yellow shirts or those in the government camp, regarding last year's protest which turned deadly, as well as other conflicts.

It will also push for the removal of Tharit Pengdit as director-general of the Department of Special Investigation for his alleged bias in his work.

The red-shirt movement will stage a "Concert for Democracy" on July 17 at Lumpini Park and vows to further advance democracy in Thailand. This will be followed by more such concerts throughout the country.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-07-07

The red-shirt movement will stage a "Concert for Democracy" on July 17 at Lumpini Park and vows to further advance democracy in Thailand. This will be followed by more such concerts throughout the country.

So, the red shirts are continuing there monthly gatherings. I'm sure this will be proceeded by a visit to Ratchaprasong.

I wish this women would shut up, she's not very smart, poorly informed and has an inflated importance about the role of her terrorists in society. Red Shirts have been deluded and deceiving from the beginning, how can you take anything she says seriously anyway.

I do hope they press on with a full and impartial investigation into what happened at Ratchaprasong, for it will 'surprisingly' reveal to Khun Thida and her merry bunch of arsonists, that actually they did have something to do with the tragedy.

Married to Weng she must be deaf in at least one ear.

I liked her thought that the red-shirts have matured - probably from infantile to a petulant childish. Imagine how much fun they will be when they reach adolescence.

Pheu Thai Party, as the red-shirt movement is one of the two "legs" of the party.

Shock. Horror.

Is she saying "UDD = PTP"??

Shock. Horror what???

What the heck is wrong if UDD = PTP?? what have you got to say about PAD = NPP??

Swallow your critics mate and stop being anti-UDD

Pheu Thai Party, as the red-shirt movement is one of the two "legs" of the party.

Shock. Horror.

yes and no. typically Thai.

yes for insiders. no for outsiders.

Now PTP are the government there will inevitably be at least some friciton between the more leftist and pro-democracy elements and the old style dino politicians within the party. Whether or not this is actually occuring now or it is just something be stirred up by polticial opponents will only become clear with time, but at some point it will happen. As with everything in politics when you have diverse groups it is easy to be united against something or to win an election, but when in power it is harder to stay totally united

Shock. Horror.

Shock. Horror what???

What the heck is wrong if UDD = PTP?? what have you got to say about PAD = NPP??

There is nothing particularly wrong with it, except for the multitude of red shirt supporting TV posters that deny it.

Stop being anti-UDD? Do you mean "jump on the band wagon"? Why should I forget about all the damage they've done to the country?

Shock. Horror.

Shock. Horror what???

There is nothing particularly wrong with it, except for the multitude of red shirt supporting TV posters that deny it.

Stop being anti-UDD? Do you mean "jump on the band wagon"? Why should I forget about all the damage they've done to the country?

Well then Mr. Critics tell me which particular group that has not done any damage to this country??

Well then Mr. Critics tell me which particular group that has not done any damage to this country??

Who was claiming they haven't? Just because one criticises the UDD, doesn't equate to a defence of anybody else. If you feel strongly that there is another group/groups, that should be on the receiving end of more criticism, why not make it your job to do that criticising? Nobody is stopping you.

I hope they do fill the cabinet with red leaders.

If they do they will have to take all the criticism that the Dems got for having Kasit in their line up, ten-fold, and if they don't they'll potentially be making an enemy of the people who helped get them in power and who are capable of what we saw in the streets of Bangkok last year. Rock and a hard place springs to mind.

Shock. Horror.

No. She is saying the UDD and PTP are 2 separate entities that are connected in some ways. Like two legs on a body. Ooops...she said that already.

Having said that, I don't think her metaphors are up to the level required of high office in Thai politics. If these two organizations are the legs, then what's the body?

UDD urges Yingluck to form new govt speedily

news2011-07-07_08-23-59_255407070001_Thida.jpg

BANGKOK, 7 July 2011 (NNT) – The United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) has encouraged incoming Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra to speedily form the new government while the UDD will scrutinize the administration of the new administration.

Acting UDD Chairperson Thida Thavornsret on Wednesday announced during a press conference that the UDD welcomed the election results. She then confirmed that the UDD did not support any particular party and would closely monitor the new government’s operations.

Ms Thida then suggested that incoming Prime Minister Yingluck should form the new government as soon as possible so as to be able to solve problems of people while the UDD will support the operation.

The chairperson also urged that the Political Violence Fact-Finding Panel should improve its operation for the national interest. She elaborated that the constitution should be amended while all the victims of political violence should be rehabilitated.

Ms Thida noted that there were so many problems with the Election Commission and electoral staff members who are government officials regarding their administration and transparency. She said punitive action should be taken against problematic officials to put an end to the issues.

As for the high voter turnout in the 3 July election compared with previous ones, the chairperson responded that it showed that the election and democracy campaigns of the UDD were effective while the number of UDD supporters is growing evidently.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2011-07-07 footer_n.gif

Shock. Horror.

No. She is saying the UDD and PTP are 2 separate entities that are connected in some ways. Like two legs on a body. Ooops...she said that already.

Having said that, I don't think her metaphors are up to the level required of high office in Thai politics. If these two organizations are the legs, then what's the body?

" If these two organizations are the legs, then what's the body?"

Thaksin?

Shock. Horror.

" If these two organizations are the legs, then what's the body?"

Thaksin?

Even if that were true, and maybe it is from some angles, it still doesn't mean PTP = UDD.

Thaksin uses cars and he uses airplanes. According to you 'a car' = 'an airplane' just because both may help him get whatever it is you think he wants.

Shock. Horror what???

I can be anti UDD and anti PAD.

I hope they do fill the cabinet with red leaders. Let's see how competent and civil-minded they really are.

Me too. Imagine the entertainment value of having the guy telling people to bring liters of petrol to burn bangkok as minister of energy or tourism. :unsure:

Even if that were true, and maybe it is from some angles, it still doesn't mean PTP = UDD.

Thaksin uses cars and he uses airplanes. According to you 'a car' = 'an airplane' just because both may help him get whatever it is you think he wants.

Funny to see the same people who a few years ago were saying PAD = Democrats with such certainty and on the basis of far more tenuous connections, now doing their damnedest to stress the differences between PTP and UDD.

Shock. Horror.

Comprehension skills just aint what they used to be. The question should be what is the other "leg"? The UDD is one leg of the PTP, what is the other? Will we see the legs parting?

Funny how she then goes on to say that the UDD support no political party. I guess she's at the age where her legs no longer support her as well as they used to.

I can be anti UDD and anti PAD.

You can but red shirt supporters get upset if they feel you aren't being anti in completely equal measure.

Shock. Horror.

Shock. Horror what???

Nothing wrong with the line, we have been pointing to it all the time.

But please argue with your [Thaksin-loving] friends here on the board that claim that the link isn't so...

My group, the handsome, young and successful managers with model-girlfriends that employ and educate a lot of Thai staff, has never done any damage to the country.