Thaksin Says That New Govt May Spend Two Years To Reconcile Thailand

Lite Beer

You can bet that Thaksin is just itching something awful to be back in power - so much more money to steal! so many more people to take revenge against! 15 billion dollars is not enough? Poor deluded, shallow little man......

May I remind you that k. Thaksin has gone on record that he will not and is not seeking revenge? not sure when last time he said that though, maybe just before saying he'd stay away for politics ;)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will believe that Yingluk is the leader of PTP when the T&R Commission brings down its report, and then the DSI charges 7 or 8 PTP party list MPs and her brother with inciting terrorism.

But I'm not holding my breath while waiting.

I will believe that Yingluk is the leader of PTP when the T&R Commission brings down its report, and then the DSI charges 7 or 8 PTP party list MPs and her brother with inciting terrorism.

But I'm not holding my breath while waiting.

You do set your aims high, don't you. Personally I'd be happy with a renewed five-year ban. Waiting for the EC ruling and a possible forwarding of the case to the Election Court. Keeping my fingers crossed ;)

PS yes I know, I'm a bit biased :)

Ah, the howling of the elite as they are shown the door by the grimy nose-picking peasantry.

Relish it while you can, s'not over yet.:)

So how's it going to happen this time? Military? Judiciary? EC? One of them's gpt to grow a pair,

step in and set this right. I mean you let those neanderthals up north vote and look what they done

gone do. And the damned problem is that once it's set right, which it will, and you have elections

those losers are going to come back and screw it up all over again.

I would propose a law for preemptive disenfranchisement. Basically, if you're a buffalo - to be

decided by a committee of proper folk - you don't get to vote. That should take care of it once

and for all. I am sick and tired of these upheavals coming around like clockwork.

Ah, the howling of the elite as they are shown the door by the grimy nose-picking peasantry.

The sad part is they think they have really done some thing. They are completely clueless. Same shenanigans going on just different names.

Thaksin just cannot keep his trap shut. The PTP would have won without him because of the weak run the Democrats made but Thaksin cannot keep his mouth shut just stiring up more trouble. With the constant stream coming from his mouth before and after the election how can there be any kind of coming together.

It seems to me that Yingluck needs to be seen to step out from her brother's shadow. Him commanding the dialogue only reinforces the view that she is a puppet.

Democracy has prevailed thankfully, now the same respect needs to be shown to the rule of law. Any existing charges and sentences should only be repealed by due process, not political directives.

It seems to me that Yingluck needs to be seen to step out from her brother's shadow. Him commanding the dialogue only reinforces the view that she is a puppet.

Democracy has prevailed thankfully, now the same respect needs to be shown to the rule of law. Any existing charges and sentences should only be repealed by due process, not political directives.

That's always been the big problem. The law is guided by too many directives. Due process isn't allowed to run it's course in the bigger issues, and it never has been.

It's not just the elite hate him down here. Something to do with Hat Yai and lot's of water when he was legally in power. My wife admits to a mistake in voting for him. She actually thought he would help. :lol:

"It is not necessary that those who were guilty be punished. What is important to the national reconciliation is simply to find out who did wrong and that they accepted the mistakes. I believe Thai society is ready to forgive," he said.

So, after a 'neutral' commitee finds the democrats guilty of mass murder for last April's 'red shirt shin dig' (no pun intended), then he'll be in a better position to say, "let's forgive and forget". ie using the deaths to balance out his conviction... What a lovely chap!

This election was all about who gets to oversee reconcilliation and a few other changes. And on whose terms the reconcilliation will mostly take place. Some will like it, some wont like it and it wont even affect a lot, but the cards different groups held have been somewhat drastically changed. Still while reconcilliation is talked about there is always a chance for magnanimity and indeed it often looks good if a winner is magnanimous to the defeated in at least some way.

The key is that the majority will not look kindly on anyone who tries to stop reconcilliation now. It is a lot easier to have an agenda of reconcilliation when you are in power than not. The majority have also repeatedly shown that they see reconcilliation as involving someone that the minority would like to see outside the equation, and who of course wants to return. That is really the stumbling block to it all although for the sake of all, it is probably better if a deal is worked out

...who will continue nose-picking, between bouts of trough-jostling, in lieu of moving the country forward.

You can bet that Thaksin is just itching something awful to be back in power - so much more money to steal! so many more people to take revenge against! 15 billion dollars is not enough? Poor deluded, shallow little man......

May I remind you that k. Thaksin has gone on record that he will not and is not seeking revenge? not sure when last time he said that though, maybe just before saying he'd stay away for politics ;)

Mighty magnanimous of him, seeing as how he is not yet out from under a two-year guest program in the klink. Or is he?

I think the crime stays on the books for 10 years. I was watching something a few years ago about a guy wanted for murder here. He ran to India where he got locked up for another crime. Thailand wanted to extradite him, and India said the would send him back when his sentence was completed. Just before the 10 years he escaped and allowed himself to be recaptured. He got more time.I think he was executed in Nepal though, I believe he may have been French or had connections with France. His murders here were quite brutal. So Thaksin would likely need to stay out of Thai jurisdiction for 10 years I think, but as he will get a pardon or the verdict over turned, that won't need to happen.

"It is not necessary that those who were guilty be punished

I wonder why he said that ?????

Say this for the man, he wears his "hidden" agendas on his sleeve. smile.gif

Agree, trying to spin a posture that he hopes others will unconsciously buy into.

"It is not necessary that those who were guilty be punished. What is important to the national reconciliation is simply to find out who did wrong and that they accepted the mistakes. I believe Thai society is ready to forgive," he said.

So, after a 'neutral' commitee finds the democrats guilty of mass murder for last April's 'red shirt shin dig' (no pun intended), then he'll be in a better position to say, "let's forgive and forget". ie using the deaths to balance out his conviction... What a lovely chap!

I wonder what the paymasters attitude would be if one of his kids was kileed or cut in half by a reckless driver, oir gunned down in a drug sting put was in fact totally innocent. I guess he's say 'never mind' it's all really OK'.

Great example of morals for the young people of Thailand.

Where did he get the two years from. The bottom of his tea cup.

He's at it again with his silly explicit time frames that are plucked out of thin air, like "everyone will be rich in 6 months". His use of explicit time frames possibly comes from his so-called "CEO style" of dealing with things, which some people seem to praise.

That's a plausible scenario. Millions of people are watching closely at how he is going to wriggle his way out of his convictions and charges under the banner of "reconciliation".

I still shake my head at how he could have obtained a Master's and a doctorate degree both in Criminal Justice.

Edited by hyperdimension

In my opinion , and I am sure that there are others who agree with me, there will be no peaceful reconciliation. All the policy declarations that are coming from Thaksin now are deliberate attempts to push the country to the limit to further his own agenda. We are living in dangerous times.

Either the authorities are going to throw their hands up in despair and hand Thailand and its people to Thaksin on a plate from which he will suck the very life blood out of the country and its people,. or there will be intervention from other sections of society. The military spring to mind concerning that possible move..

The result will be a bloody saga whether it is the military or the Red Shirt brigade motivated by Thaksin, then as has been the case in the recent past and is even now still an ongoing situation..

Thaksin is a megalomaniac who lusts after power, the Thai people are as we have already seen but pawns in his macabre game.

Two years to reconcile, perchance is that the time needed to dismantle the legal system and all the checks and balances that are now in place, ?

That was the situation before, that was the situation that lead to the bloodless coup. I fear the next coup will not be such an orderly affair, much blood will be shed and many lives lost.

Edited by siampolee

The acceptance and the equal application of the rule of law is what makes for a true reconciliation. Democracies are messy, adversarial, argumentative and opposing groups may justifiably loathe the persons and policies of their opponents. It is only the joint acceptance of a "higher power than themselves", that being THE LAW , that can make for peaceful reconciliation.

lannarebirth

Agreed ..

However Thaksin seems to actually believe himself above the law, until such time as reality bites Thaksin and he realizes that the law needs to be obeyed, that is not going to happen as Thaksin doesn't know reality .

Quite possible indeed Siam, unless you believe in miracle fantasies like Thaksin has changed his spots.

Time is going to be the peoples friend whatever party you like.....................BUT............I for one am sick to death of hearing about Thaksin this -Thaksin that, Hes says this and he says that. ............He should not be in any Limelight whatsoever, every day posters are bombarded with his photo's news clippings his speeches, a convicted man of Thai nationality, and should not have any part in the politics here.

Who is behind all this giving him the opportunity to get in on the act, he loves it, he needs it. the man wants to feel he is important. Please do we have to have this pumped at us all the time ??? the less of him the better for all. Keeping the posters informed of all Thai news is healthy, and the new government developments, without what he says. Even this said topic is worthy of debate.

Quite possible indeed Siam, unless you believe in miracle fantasies like Thaksin has changed his spots.

Time is going to be the peoples friend whatever party you like.....................BUT............I for one am sick to death of hearing about Thaksin this -Thaksin that, Hes says this and he says that. ............He should not be in any Limelight whatsoever, every day posters are bombarded with his photo's news clippings his speeches, a convicted man of Thai nationality, and should not have any part in the politics here.

Who is behind all this giving him the opportunity to get in on the act, he loves it, he needs it. the man wants to feel he is important. Please do we have to have this pumped at us all the time ??? the less of him the better for all. Keeping the posters informed of all Thai news is healthy, and the new government developments, without what he says. Even this said topic is worthy of debate.

This morning again,2 newish topics are re==Thaksin in the topic headline, cannot we have PTP -Yingluck and opposition without giving him the everyday limelight, please give this man a lower profile. These reporters are grabbing the bait non stop.

This morning again,2 newish topics are re==Thaksin in the topic headline, cannot we have PTP -Yingluck and opposition without giving him the everyday limelight, please give this man a lower profile. These reporters are grabbing the bait non stop.

Well, they (reporters) are being paid aren't they to keep T in the limelight.