Good Reasons For Thai Elite To Accept Reality

webfact

And once again The Thai Visa Elite have spoken on their forum soapbox, having all the answers to thailands social problems as they are so thai in their hearts and care so much for the people of thailand. <deleted> are you so scared of by this goverment ??? You are not thai !!! None of you will ever know the problems of the thai people living in your gilded cages, living fat on your retirement money constantly coming on her spouting your shit about thaksin and how all of thailands problems are all his fault, you sound just like the people who want to keep things just as they are. As much as I hate the saying go home thailand will be much better off when you are long gone.

Oddly enough I was thinking as I was reading your rant how much better off Thailand would be if people with your narrow hate filled views would move back to where ever they came from. You know nothing about the vast majority of TV posters yet you presume to paint them all with your sloppy broad brush... yes in fact I do very much want what is best for the Thai people and I do have a very good understanding of how they live. I moved out of my gilded cage years ago and am a long way from retirement age.. so seems you missed the mark there by just a bit.

Being afraid of the gov't is quite different than being afraid FOR the people perhaps you should learn the difference.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what stops poor farmers to gather together in their village and ask for a cheap government backed loan to become co-owners of a rice mill and thus cut out the much hated middle man that makes so much money on their backs ?

Me and my brother against my cousin. Me, my brother and my cousin against you. Basically. Right now they're busy allying to fight against the national power base. The local fights will come later, after they win the current fight, and then they realize that their real problem is the local pu yai and the local minister who are allying to steal money that's supposed to be theirs. There's no smooth path to democracy for anyone. All the powerful countries had vicious civil wars before coalescing into some semblance of what they eventually became. Thailand's, hopefully, won't be as vicious as the civil war(s) seen in China, America, The UK, France and so on. It certainly hasn't been so far, but there are some big events yet to come on the road to Damascus.

And once again The Thai Visa Elite have spoken on their forum soapbox, having all the answers to thailands social problems as they are so thai in their hearts and care so much for the people of thailand. <deleted> are you so scared of by this goverment ??? You are not thai !!! None of you will ever know the problems of the thai people living in your gilded cages, living fat on your retirement money constantly coming on her spouting your shit about thaksin and how all of thailands problems are all his fault, you sound just like the people who want to keep things just as they are. As much as I hate the saying go home thailand will be much better off when you are long gone.

Oddly enough I was thinking as I was reading your rant how much better off Thailand would be if people with your narrow hate filled views would move back to where ever they came from. You know nothing about the vast majority of TV posters yet you presume to paint them all with your sloppy broad brush... yes in fact I do very much want what is best for the Thai people and I do have a very good understanding of how they live. I moved out of my gilded cage years ago and am a long way from retirement age.. so seems you missed the mark there by just a bit.

Being afraid of the gov't is quite different than being afraid FOR the people perhaps you should learn the difference.

well im afraid of what Taksin's government can do to Thailand and hence to my family and at same time afraid that he could do to poor. I will suffer no more than maybe loose a proportion of my wealth which in itself will be a minor irritation compared with maybe having to get myself and Thai family out or be prepared to live in a 1 party Taksin state watching poor being totally trodden on by those who prayed for him to come and save them.

well im afraid of what Taksin's government can do to Thailand and hence to my family and at same time afraid that he could do to poor. I will suffer no more than maybe loose a proportion of my wealth which in itself will be a minor irritation compared with maybe having to get myself and Thai family out or be prepared to live in a 1 party Taksin state watching poor being totally trodden on by those who prayed for him to come and save them.

All very dramatic! What on earth did Thaksin do to harm you so personally 5 years ago?

How are you going to "loose"(sic) a proportion of your wealth? You state this as a fact and not just a possibility ! On what basis?

Do you have any foreknowledge of such a nightmare scenario that you can share with the rest of us so that we can make emergency preparations to evacuate this doomed country, or are you just scaremongering?

Even many Thai people never will undestand the problems of Thai people. Yes, I'm not Thai but I'm not stupid in your way, my wife and her family, my comrades in my village gave me a good teaching about Thai people. I'm Thai in my heart and care much for the people of Thailand

It strikes me as one of the points I dislike about Thailand. That point being the attitude that if it is not Thai it is inferior. While there is many cases where this is not the rule there is still a prevailing attitude that they are superior.

Take this attitude that you are not Thai you are to stupid to understand. If the food is not Thai it is no good. And on it goes.

Fortunately there are far more good things here in Thailand. While I may not be able to feel the dispair of some of the people I can still see it and in my small way try to help.

Case in point my wife's whole family has been able to enjoy life a little bit more. Her grown children have been able to go to school for a career in nursing and electronics. Her mother now has a home she no longer moves around the country from child to child. To her it is a big thing.

There are many exsamples around Thailand of forigners seeing the problem and in there small way doing some thing about it. Perhaps if thunder30101 would take his head out of a dark place and look around he would see that many of us do understand and care and each of us in our small way are trying to help.

He would notice that we do not say we will do some thing and change our mind tomorrow like some one he seems to think highly of. By the way has any one said all of Thailand's problems are Thaksins fault. If they did I missed it.

Please all knowing thunder30101 enlighten me.:jap:

By Pravit Rojanaphruk

The Nation

Almost two weeks on, many in the educated elite and the upper middle class who oppose and abhor Thaksin Shinawatra and his younger sister Yingluck and the red shirts might still be in shock at the landslide electoral victory of the Pheu Thai Party on July 3.

Landslide Not! About 75% of entitled voters cast ballots with PTP securing only 265 of 500 seats, a mere 53% of parliament with many seats won by very slim margins. 53% of 75% that voted give PTP a measly 39% consent. A win, but a comically low number in regards to media and PTP claims of sweeps and landslide support from majority of Thailand. Reality is a low 39% have chose, so be it has unquestionably upset the other 64% that did not support PTP.

Do you know what % of the vote was vor the PTP They lost 47% of the seats but I would venture a opinion that they only got around 40% of the voters.

All very dramatic! What on earth did Thaksin do to harm you so personally 5 years ago?

How are you going to "loose"(sic) a proportion of your wealth? You state this as a fact and not just a possibility ! On what basis?

Do you have any foreknowledge of such a nightmare scenario that you can share with the rest of us so that we can make emergency preparations to evacuate this doomed country, or are you just scaremongering?

Perhaps because you do not speak English as your first language you do not understand that when the word maybe is used it means that it might not happen. It is not a statement of fact.

If you had bothered to even read the whole statement he said if he did lose it it would not be a big deal.

You sure use big words for some one who does not understand the language.B)

To Hellodolly!

I quote you . ........

"Perhaps because you do not speak English as your first language you do not understand that when the word maybe is used it means that it might not happen. It is not a statement of fact.

If you had bothered to even read the whole statement he said if he did lose it it would not be a big deal.

You sure use big words for some one who does not "

Well Hellodolly(!), you are evading the question. You clearly state that you are "afraid" for your family !

What are you afraid of? There's no maybe about it!

Gratuitous insults don't help your case either but simply demean your posts.

Those "big words" I use are normal words for a native English speaker, but clearly too much for you. However, since you raised this irrelevant issue, some proper punctuation in your posts would make them more comprehensible, especially as it is you who are fiddling around with semantics.

Anyway, to repeat the question ............what has Thaksin done to you(or will do) to make you so personally fearful for your family and cause you "maybe" to "loose" (sic) a proportion of your wealth or even get out of the country?

My guess is absolutely nothing. You just don't like the PTP and are scaremongering!!!

On second thoughts I have just noticed that you have made 370 posts in 6 weeks since joining 3 days before the election (!) and wonder if you have a political agenda of your own ........

To Hellodolly!

I quote you . ........

"Perhaps because you do not speak English as your first language you do not understand that when the word maybe is used it means that it might not happen. It is not a statement of fact.

You sure use big words for some one who does not "

Well Hellodolly(!), you are evading the question. You clearly state that you are "afraid" for your family !

What are you afraid of? There's no maybe about it!

Gratuitous insults don't help your case either but simply demean your posts.

Those "big words" I use are normal words for a native English speaker, but clearly too much for you. However, since you raised this irrelevant issue, some proper punctuation in your posts would make them more comprehensible, especially as it is you who are fiddling around with semantics.

Anyway, to repeat the question ............what has Thaksin done to you(or will do) to make you so personally fearful for your family and cause you "maybe" to "loose" (sic) a proportion of your wealth or even get out of the country?

My guess is absolutely nothing. You just don't like the PTP and are scaremongering!!!

On second thoughts I have just noticed that you have made 370 posts in 6 weeks since joining 3 days before the election (!) and wonder if you have a political agenda of your own ........

OK I guess your're an American so clearly my last comment is incorrect! Nuff said

" Politics makes for strange bed fellows"

This saying/observation could almost have been coined by a Thia or some farang who seem to be promoting some Thai political wannabes, has been or the rejects.

It is referring to the elite who have had kept power for many generations , they are very small in number, but want to take ALL the wealth.

The "Thaksin Elite" you refer to, comprises 70% of the people , judging by the election, they just want a little bit of wealth

Sorry, but PTP polled 48% of the vote in the recent election, which won them 53% of the seats, where do you get the figure "70% of the people, judging by the election" from ? <_<

" Politics makes for strange bed fellows"

This saying/observation could almost have been coined by a Thia or some farang who seem to be promoting some Thai political wannabes, has been or the rejects.

The Tha ireference becomes even more applicable when you come to realize they only love you "short time".

...There's no smooth path to democracy for anyone. All the powerful countries had vicious civil wars before coalescing into some semblance of what they eventually became. Thailand's, hopefully, won't be as vicious as the civil war(s) seen in China, America, The UK, France and so on. It certainly hasn't been so far, but there are some big events yet to come on the road to Damascus.

"... what they eventually became?" Just as a point of order, I wouldn't speak in past tense about 'the process of becoming' for any country unless it has itself already past into history - as in the Roman Empire. What centripetal forces stave off the Balcanization of the present world powers but nationalistic mythology, fear of brute force & information control? Our current world order is but a few decades old. Remember how fast things changed for the USSR? Damascus is ever at the horizon, and democracy is a myth in the USoA until the Electoral 'College' is erased from the Constitution.

In Isaan, the media is controlled by Thaksin dollars and red-shirt ideas. They broadcast propaganda 24/7, most of it misrepresentations of the truth.

In Bangkok, the media is controlled by elitist dollars and yellow-shirt ideas. They broadcast propaganda 24/7, most of it misrepresentations of the truth.

Interesting how this newspaper suddenly gains this insight. But better late than never.

It's interesting how "this paper suddenly gains this insight" when an article comes along that some people agree with, but is a elite/army/PAD newspaper when they don't agree.

Interesting how this newspaper suddenly gains this insight. But better late than never.

It's interesting how "this paper suddenly gains this insight" when an article comes along that some people agree with, but is a elite/army/PAD newspaper when they don't agree.

You are so wrong.

Since Thaksin won election, Nation media dramatically changed their tones. If you can read Thai, try BKKbiznews for example, hardly you cant notice this change.

But this is no surprise though. Nation group relies heavily on Media as their main revenue. The Gov controll the channel. So....

The elite has come to the reality that a new elite has come back to power. The elite should start backing a new set of stoogies to get the power back from the new elite that has returned to power.

You are so wrong.

Since Thaksin won election, Nation media dramatically changed their tones. If you can read Thai, try BKKbiznews for example, hardly you cant notice this change.

But this is no surprise though. Nation group relies heavily on Media as their main revenue. The Gov controll the channel. So....

What people don't see is that the Nation regularly (and not just since the election) has pro-PTP or anti-other articles. It's just that some people only see what they want to see and only remember what they want to remember.

edit: and I'm not saying anything about the quality of the paper. Personally I think it's crap.

Edited by whybother

You are so wrong.

I may have missed something, but 'Thaksin won election'? Are we talking about the recent, 2011 general election? If what you say is true (Thaksin won election), the EC has a very valid reason to invalidate Pheu Thai's result, assuming you refer to k. Thaksin's party, the 'Thaksin thinks, Pheu Thai' one ?

The elite has come to the reality that a new elite has come back to power. The elite should start backing a new set of stoogies to get the power back from the new elite that has returned to power.

They never stopped backing those who they need in their pockets. It's not like you can take a break from the money and power game. They slipped up by underestimating the nouveaus whispering to the huddled sheep and pigs. Who would have thought?

:)

Edited by Heng

Its always interesting to watch the media after an election. Virtually nothing about all should accept the result and move on. I wonder if the Dems had won if this would have been the case?

There's been a few 'reconciliation' pieces to that effect in the Bangkok Post. Very boring ones I'll grant you, but they're there.

Its always interesting to watch the media after an election. Virtually nothing about all should accept the result and move on. I wonder if the Dems had won if this would have been the case?

If some people think that there was cheating involved, why should they simply accept the result? Surely it's acceptable to investigate and deal with any complaints before the final result is accepted.

If some people think that there was cheating involved, why should they simply accept the result? Surely it's acceptable to investigate and deal with any complaints before the final result is accepted.

More than just acceptable, it's incumbent upon the EC to investigate all complaints, and pass on to the Court any findings of illegality.

There's been a few 'reconciliation' pieces to that effect in the Bangkok Post. Very boring ones I'll grant you, but they're there.

Im talking more about pieces that say accept the outcome. Im dead certain if the Dems had even got one more seat than PTP we would have seen a lot of that and heard a lot on television, but those kind of pieces and TV statements are deafening in their absence