And So You Bought The Sg2

Hmm what are you running? I have been browsing on the web and writing email and im at 29c

but mine is like always hot!, battery temperature around 37c and gets up to to 45c

while charging

Mine get quite hot as well, when it does this check to see what programs are running and how much CPU % they are using. Sometimes i have problems with gReader, starts using 50% + of cpu and my phone get scary hot. I just kill it and it cools down.

my i9100t from truemove gets hot while browsing or playing games for around 10 mins, is it normal?

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iam running the stock firmware, its usually gets hot back at the camera lens and the touch screen ,i could really feel the heat. 10mins browsing get at 36c

Hmm what are you running? I have been browsing on the web and writing email and im at 29c

but mine is like always hot!, battery temperature around 37c and gets up to to 45c

while charging

Mine get quite hot as well, when it does this check to see what programs are running and how much CPU % they are using. Sometimes i have problems with gReader, starts using 50% + of cpu and my phone get scary hot. I just kill it and it cools down.

my i9100t from truemove gets hot while browsing or playing games for around 10 mins, is it normal?

Yes mine does get hot in the same areas, but I do not think its too much to worry about, the phone should turn off if it gets dangerously hot. Since your not overclocking it and running stock firmware just ignore it, you have a year warranty anyways.

Thnx man

Yes mine does get hot in the same areas, but I do not think its too much to worry about, the phone should turn off if it gets dangerously hot. Since your not overclocking it and running stock firmware just ignore it, you have a year warranty anyways.

I bought the GT-I1900 in MBK (17600B at BINGO stall 4AB-104).

great phone, battery life is good enough.

this model spec says it supports GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900, UMTS850, UMTS900, UMTS1900, UMTS2100, so i should be OK for both 850M and 900M 3G services i think.

i live in din daeng area BKK. i tried the IEC sim card - TOTs 3g service apparently - on 2100Mhz.

i got a good 3G signal with that sim, but the true sim i have wont connect to GPRS or 3G - ill go to see true today to see if its a phone issue. maybe i dont have the 850 band after all, but the GPRS should work. i think maybe i have no credit left on it.

i spoke to TOT yesterday about transferring my phone number to TOT from DTAC, (you must go to the TOT office at jaturat jam square to do this). I was told there is a problem with TOT 3G service - no voice calls can be made with the 3G service - technical problem. AFTER 3 YEARS ARGUING ABOUT WHO GETS WHAT THEY HAVE NOT SORTED VOICE COMMS OUT, pathetic isnt it? - is voice not the most important aspect of telephony after all? so you'd think this would be certain to work......

HOWEVER i did receive a wrong number voice call while trying the IEC (TOT) card out, so voice does work ??? i think maybe the same tech issue with the true service in some areas too - so dont blame the phone. contact true.

I'm planning to buy one, I had planned to go for the T version, i.e. with 850HMz support, but then I started to wonder if you'll be left out on a limb when it comes to future updates, since it seems the other 900MHz version is more mainstream. What do you guys think ?

I live in Pattaya and if I understand this Thai 3G fiasco right there is no 3G coverage yet, but CAT may be the first at the end of August but they are on 850. AIS has for Chon Buri but not yet Pattaya, has anyone heard when they will get 3G coverage ?

but the true sim i have wont connect to GPRS or 3G - ill go to see true today to see if its a phone issue. maybe i dont have the 850 band after all, but the GPRS should work. i think maybe i have no credit left on it.

i spoke to TOT yesterday about transferring my phone number to TOT from DTAC, (you must go to the TOT office at jaturat jam square to do this). I was told there is a problem with TOT 3G service - no voice calls can be made with the 3G service - technical problem. AFTER 3 YEARS ARGUING ABOUT WHO GETS WHAT THEY HAVE NOT SORTED VOICE COMMS OUT, pathetic isnt it? - is voice not the most important aspect of telephony after all? so you'd think this would be certain to work......

HOWEVER i did receive a wrong number voice call while trying the IEC (TOT) card out, so voice does work ??? i think maybe the same tech issue with the true service in some areas too - so dont blame the phone. contact true.

Did you set up an APN for True? Even with no credit you should be able to register with the network? (You may have to re-boot your phone, and make sure you're not nailed on 900 Mhz only.) I am very interested to hear more about your i9100 3G experiences with True so do keep us posted.

Unless you are looking for a data-only solution it is best to stay away from TOT/MVNOs owing to the lack of basic services: no 2G outside 3G areas, marginal GSM (voice/sms) services, partial voice roaming, etc.

Hey guys, I'm still trying to understand the conclusions from the tests that you ran. Please let me know if I'm understanding things correctly so far. You flashed a i9100 modem firmware on a 9100t Galaxy s2 which fixed the connectivity issue with True 3g. And so by that, I'm assuming that the modem firmware for the Galaxy s2 i9100t model is buggy, but can be fixed by flashing the DXKF1 modem with odin. But a few questions:

* So does that mean that the modems in the i9100 and i9100t are identical, just flashed with different firmware?

* If so, why do you say it's a modem problem.. sounds more like a firmware problem?

* Does that mean a i9100t will also be able to work on AIS 3g 900 Mhz? (with or without flashing)

* if the i9100 works with True 3g and the i9100t (which is the one supposedly designed for 850Mhz) doesn't, what was the point of the i9100t model again?!?

I bought the i9100t expecting that I would stay with DTAC because I heard True's signal isn't great. But now that AIS has 3g I'm sorely tempted to switch, but want to make sure I can use the 3g before going through the hassle. Let me know if you guys have any more info. Thanks a lot for your help.

I extracted the modem from

XWKF1

Firmware info

PDA:XWKF1

PHONE: DXKF1

Date: 04/06/2011

OLB (SIN, XME): http://www.multiupload.com/U95BI5QVDL

and flashed it via odin. Call quality is as good as I have had so far in thailand (only can compare to iphone 3gs). Speed test using speedtest.net app are now all within the same range, 650-800 kbps down and 100-200 kbps up on 3G (Thaivisa speedtest gives me around 1900 down 50 up on both singapore and bangkok servers). 150-200 kbps down and 50-70 kbps up on 2G. From what I can tell the modem was the problem. I'll let everyone know what Samsung has to say when my friend brings his phone to the service center on Saturday. Maybe more people are having this problem??? I can really find much about it on Thai forums but then again im armed only with google translate. If anyone wants ill upload the modem.bin here that way you dont have to download the whole thing (277 mb).

the AIS version can be found here, but its extracted by a user who isnt sure of the extraction steps http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=15678070&highlight=DXKF1#post15678070

So does that mean that the modems in the i9100 and i9100t are identical, just flashed with different firmware?

Seems that way

* If so, why do you say it's a modem problem.. sounds more like a firmware problem?

Because im lazy to type modem firmware everytime

* Does that mean a i9100t will also be able to work on AIS 3g 900 Mhz? (with or without flashing)

The i9100 from AIS works on True without flashing so i see no reason why the i9100T wouldnt work on AIS. Dont have an Ais sim to verify though

* if the i9100 works with True 3g and the i9100t (which is the one supposedly designed for 850Mhz) doesn't, what was the point of the i9100t model again?!?

The i9100t works it just doesnt work that well ;) I think the differences in the phone were for marketing reasons.

Well my friend got in touch with me about his trip to the samsung service center at MBK. The end result, they told him to switch to AIS. Great answer glad the Samsung employees are so well versed in the technical workings of their products. More amusingly they offered up a number of great idea's for him e.g. uninstall Lookout mobile security, turn off data sync, and quite possible the best "'dont use vibrate mode". After calling them all fools and making his way up the employee food chain the head guy told him to "switch to AIS as many people with TRUE phone have big problem" once again my friend told the manager that this is not an acceptable option. This apparently caused much confusion and 30 minutes later the manager returned with the option for my friend to leave his phone while they mail it to Korea for software. When enquiring about a replacement phone he was offered the response that "he should to borrow from friend", once again resorting to name calling the manager then produced a phone albeit extremely old an missing several keys. Finally there was a F***k off moment. I have since flashed the DXKF1 modem to his phone and so far no problems. So just a little heads up to anyone thinking about buying the TRUE version of the S2, there seems to be alot of problems with the software/firmware on the phone. Several personal experiences from me and an admission from the Samsung service center attest to that.

I had some problem with my S2, with TRUE, where people couldn't call me, so I went to Samsung in MBK (4th floor at the end on the right by all the banks walking away from Tokyu Department Store) told them my problem, they said they would upgrade my firmware and come back in a hour. I picked up my phone and it did have the new firmware installed. The odd time I will have network problems but not as nearly as bad before, I believe the problem is with the phone and not True, also TRUE 3G is better coverage right now then AIS.

yes i would like to know the firmware also, maybe can you do a screen shot of >Settings > About phone

Just put mine on Kies and my firmware information is:

This Version of the Device cannot be updated.

Current firmware version: PDA:KF4 / PHONE:KF1 / CSC:KF1 (THL)

On the about phone screen can you tell me if it says DCKF1 or DXKF1

yes i would like to know the firmware also, maybe can you do a screen shot of >Settings > About phone

Just put mine on Kies and my firmware information is:

This Version of the Device cannot be updated.

Current firmware version: PDA:KF4 / PHONE:KF1 / CSC:KF1 (THL)

One issue is manufacture location? Mine is Korea and others China? Is this samsung farming out work to cover demand?

Mine is Made in China.

Yes large numbers are appearing that are made in China and given this, I assume they are licensed manufactured devices from Samsung, but produced in China to meet demand. I can only guess that the earliest models, released in late June/early July were Korea and demand met by China production. Also the model numbers mentioned here are not the same as Korean made as mine is GT-19100M, Android 2.3.3, build number gingerbread.ugkg2 and is abled for all bands.

Any info on issues with china models, as a friend bought one on EBay would be appreciated.

What firmware did they upgrade to?

Here is my phone ON TRUE NETWORK

Model GT-I9100T

Adroid 2.3.3

Baseband Version I9100TDCKF1

Kernal version 2.6.35.7-I9100TDCKF4-CL310100 root@dell101 #2

Build number GINGERBREAD.DCKF4

dam_n I should have been reading closer I was trying to ask dsj what the Samsung store upgraded his firmware to. Sorry about the confusion GM1955

Did you buy the phone from True? It appears that Samsung flashed your phone with the firmware that comes stock on the AIS 9100

I bought it in Tukcom Pattaya.

Had an AIS sticker on the box.

dam_n I should have been reading closer I was trying to ask dsj what the Samsung store upgraded his firmware to. Sorry about the confusion GM1955

Did you buy the phone from True? It appears that Samsung flashed your phone with the firmware that comes stock on the AIS 9100

I did buy it from TRUE and the baseband version is I1900TDCKF1, I don't know if that is True or AIS.

I went to Samsung in MBK (4th floor at the end on the right by all the banks walking away from Tokyu Department Store) told them my problem, they said they would upgrade my firmware and come back in a hour. I picked up my phone and it did have the new firmware installed. The odd time I will have network problems but not as nearly as bad before, I believe the problem is with the phone and not True, also TRUE 3G is better coverage right now then AIS.

I tried an experiment by putting an AIS sim card in my S2 and I get a strong signal and 3G symbol shows, so it looks like you can use the S2 on either network.

Edited by dsj

Cool thanks for the info

I did buy it from TRUE and the baseband version is I1900TDCKF1, I don't know if that is True or AIS.

I went to Samsung in MBK (4th floor at the end on the right by all the banks walking away from Tokyu Department Store) told them my problem, they said they would upgrade my firmware and come back in a hour. I picked up my phone and it did have the new firmware installed. The odd time I will have network problems but not as nearly as bad before, I believe the problem is with the phone and not True, also TRUE 3G is better coverage right now then AIS.

I tried an experiment by putting an AIS sim card in my S2 and I get a strong signal and 3G symbol shows, so it looks like you can use the S2 on either network.

Great info here. I have the Sll locked to Bell Canada (unlock easy), anything else I need to do to use at home in Chiang Rai? I hope to use both Bell (ln Canada) and who ever can provide 3G up north. Model is 19100M. Phone is on steriods wifi and awesome on Bell G.