Someone Related To The Gazette

seriouseats

Since the only way to get into the gazette and getting an official company or govt response is to be friends with someone working there(so many important questions are left out, its always useless ones being posted) Is there anyone here related to the gazette?

Outside of the massive question mark everyone has about the thai police not doing anything about the parkers in front of central on the main road(this wont ever get any attention, i have given up)

Tesco desperately needs help. The exit going towards phuket town and patong is a mess. They recently removed a good 2-3meters of grass and put concrete to allow for a MASSIVELY large exit but its still not working. Even with signs posted in thai with a drawing every meter, thais still only line up in 1 line and use the left lane to turn right and the right lane to turn left. They have no comprehension of the fact that you could just stay left and turn left right away and stay right and wait your turn in line. When they do understand, they stay left to turn left but they drive up to the small entry lane before starting to turn their wheels(using 9meters instead of 2,) blocking 3 lanes instead of 1.

Management of tesco needs to hear this, or the govt needs to put a policeman at night to signal traffic like they do in front of schools or lights at peak hours. They did remove the cones and plants after 2-3years of putting them and failing to block parked cars(but reducing driving space to 1 lane)

so im guessing if we get an article maybe in 7years they'll put a block to completely separate lanes so that nobody has a choice but to follow a straight line, kind of like on the road to the new bus station where people doing uturn are forced to stay in their lanes by concrete poles nowadays.

Edited by seriouseats

Just notch it up as another frustration.

What about the cars parked at the somtum stand just after the new Big Buddha lights headed North.

Cars try to go straight from both lanes and end up merging into one which causes a bottle neck everytime the lights turn green, all because they park wherever.

Just yesterday, there was a 3 wheeled traffic maker just parked in the middle of the lane as he ran in to get his somtum.annoyed.gif

Did you consider informing Tesco of your problems, in stead of Thai Visa nd Phuket Gazette?

I have tried talking to a so called manager about parking but it fell on deaf ears. Directly outside the store they have red & white blocks set out about 2m from the pathway, presumably so people wont park there. However it is not enforced which in turn narrows the driving space which further slows movement of traffic around the car park. They should remove the blocks & allow parking next to the kerb.

The exit which serious is talking about often takes a long time to get out of which I thought would be resolved once they widened it. Apparently not. At Home Pro in Chalong there was a similar situation whereby the cars exiting to the right would stay to the left even though it is plenty wide. I mentioned it to the manager & he had some cones placed there to funnel the cars left & right but even after that there were some who still insisted on being on the left side to turn right. However, nowadays everyone seems to have it worked out.

Both Lotus & Central now have parking problems in that there are just not sufficient parking spaces most of the time. Serious also mentions about how some turn & I reckon many do not understand full wheel lock, are too lazy to use it, or do not understand the turning capability of their cars. You just have to watch cars entering both Central & Lotus from the bypass road whereby many will swing out into the driving lane, without any warning, to effect their turn which can be quite dangerous to the vehicles coming up from behind.

Go in the morning when they open, always plenty of parking and easy to get into and out

Excluding public holidays

Of course but not always possible with other committments. I have done that many times at Central but if staying too long it can be a traffic jam getting out. The other night at Central I went there around 6pm & the car park was full with quite a lot double parked. I found a park & figured it would quieten down once I was ready to leave but lo & behold it was almost gridlock trying to get out with a couple of whistle blowers adding to the chaos.

Go in the morning when they open, always plenty of parking and easy to get into and out

Excluding public holidays

Of course but not always possible with other committments. I have done that many times at Central but if staying too long it can be a traffic jam getting out. The other night at Central I went there around 6pm & the car park was full with quite a lot double parked. I found a park & figured it would quieten down once I was ready to leave but lo & behold it was almost gridlock trying to get out with a couple of whistle blowers adding to the chaos.

Try going on a Sunday, its a grid lock from opening time, it takes 30 minutes to drive in and out

after trying to find a parking spot

People too dumb to park at homeworks.. they drive in front of the main door.. then they see they cant park there or double park there.. nope i wont walk 30meters. I am going to find a tripple park spot, put my safety break on and walk 2meters to the elevator at central

Don't put yourself in THE POSITION OF HAving to wait. When you pull in to the parking lot from the Yaowarat Rd side just park right there at the guard gate, then you will never have to wait more than a minute to leave because you effectively get to cut the entire line when leaving...

ya i always do this and laugh my ass out to those guys who spend 30mins to park right by the door... especially when its night and not raining.

you can always just drive around, go by the back of tesco and come back to the gate..

but still they need to educate the locals on how a line separating 2 lanes works as the picture with the worlds keep left or keep right is not doing the job.

ya i always do this and laugh my ass out to those guys who spend 30mins to park right by the door... especially when its night and not raining.

you can always just drive around, go by the back of tesco and come back to the gate..

but still they need to educate the locals on how a line separating 2 lanes works as the picture with the worlds keep left or keep right is not doing the job.

You are more altruistic than me :)

And

I had not even thought about doing an 'end around'...nice of thinking out of the box...