Proteins In Thailand

james24

I dont eat chicken or eggs due to the amount of female hormones pumped in the poor buggers, I dont eat soy except for organic raw japanese edadame and I dont drink protein shakes.

Can anyone recommend an organic/natural form of protein that will help repair torn muslces after a workout that is available in Thailand?

Or perhaps a protein shake I can make myself without milk..??

Try googling Dr Mercola and sign on to his health letters. You don't have to buy anything from his website (I don't) and he has some very interesting articles about food, health and the like. Also Web MD is another useful source. They cover literally all aspects of health including diet and losing weight. I have learnt so much about health that I eat better foods and avoid those nightmare foods (of which I didn't appreciate were so unhealthy beforehand)!!!

Good luck!!

Why aren't you eating legumes, beans or tofu? Great sources of protein. Better yet a handful of nuts like almonds or walnuts. Sounds like you're a vegetarian or vegan so none of these suggestions will harm your diet and al are suitable to supplement your normal diet. There are protein drinks available here in Thailand but I do not know or haven't researched their make-up. My gym trainers use these daily. They also consume massive calories daily from rice, vegetables and white boiled chicken mixed together. These guys are huge and also supplement with weekly shots of steroids. Not my cup of tea, but they are young dumb and full of you know what.

Good luck.

Thanks guys Ill look into those websites

Regarding soy and chicken I dont really go near either due to the amount of estrogen content in both. I dont eat at home much and Im pretty sure most restaraunts dont have organic chicken. Obviously it does not affect everyone but for me it definately ddes affect my shape. Ill also look into legumes but dont really have any idea what they are atm

Ill let you know how I get on and post some info :-)

• 1 month later...

Google thaimuscle, they got Ultimate Nutrition's Prostar Whey, a very good product. I live on whey only, and usual food became my supplement now, never felt greater. I used to have a peptic ulcer and living with it in thailand was such a pain, until I started taking whey protein. I have no health problems whatsoever now. Phukethealthshop also got a variety of good wheys and free delivery in thailand. Don't even think about anything from GNC shops that u can find at any mall, those are real crap.

Btw its all natural stuff, whey protein is made from milk, there is also casein protein and egg protein available. Sure u can go for "natural" sources like nuts and meat, but get ready to spend loads of money on that (and I mean LOADS) and they are also full of other things, that are NOT protein, but gonna affect ur body a lot (talking bout fats, carbs, unwanted cals, etc.)

Again, protein shakes cost nothing, have nothing unwanted in them, take no time to prepare/consume and absorb fast and easily. It's ur choice - be successful or go full retarded...

• 1 month later...

Google thaimuscle, they got Ultimate Nutrition's Prostar Whey, a very good product. I live on whey only, and usual food became my supplement now, never felt greater. I used to have a peptic ulcer and living with it in thailand was such a pain, until I started taking whey protein. I have no health problems whatsoever now. Phukethealthshop also got a variety of good wheys and free delivery in thailand. Don't even think about anything from GNC shops that u can find at any mall, those are real crap.

Btw its all natural stuff, whey protein is made from milk, there is also casein protein and egg protein available. Sure u can go for "natural" sources like nuts and meat, but get ready to spend loads of money on that (and I mean LOADS) and they are also full of other things, that are NOT protein, but gonna affect ur body a lot (talking bout fats, carbs, unwanted cals, etc.)

Again, protein shakes cost nothing, have nothing unwanted in them, take no time to prepare/consume and absorb fast and easily. It's ur choice - be successful or go full retarded...

You seriously think this stuff is cheaper than buying meat? It's $50 a kilo.

Whey? Of course it is, why do u think it exists? To get money from bodybuilder-wannabes?

2.3kg of whey concentrate (80% protein content) costs in Thailand about 2k baht.

Chicken meat, for example, have about 30% protein in it, wanna do the math?

And don't even let me get started on the prices for whey in Europe, unflavored 80% concentrate costs around 1k baht for 2.5kg (yes, more than 2 times cheaper than in this "cheap" country, what a joke).

Whey? Of course it is, why do u think it exists? To get money from bodybuilder-wannabes?

2.3kg of whey concentrate (80% protein content) costs in Thailand about 2k baht.

And don't even let me get started on the prices for whey in Europe, unflavored 80% concentrate costs around 1k baht for 2.5kg (yes, more than 2 times cheaper than in this "cheap" country, what a joke).

I know nothing about this subject, but assuming your information is correct I don't need to do the math to see that it's obviously way cheaper to buy chicken meat over protein powder.

But OK, let's do the math.

2.3 kg of whey concentrate with 80% protein content is 1.84 kg of protein.

If chicken contains 30% protein that would mean that you would have to buy 6.13 kg of chicken meat to get the same amount of protein.

At your stated price of 2k baht for the whey protein that would mean that the break-even price for the chicken meat is 326 baht per kg.

I don't know where you shop, but at the regular supermarkets the price for chicken meat is about (or less than) half of that.

Sure, there can be other reasons for choosing protein powder over meat, but price is not one of them.

Sophon

Spirulina (can buy bucket in powder from Changmai), nuts and seeds, sprouted beans and seeds (not soy - I agree that is crap unless naturally fermented)all seem to fit your request.

Green juices with a mix of plants - also end up with a decent amount of amino acids (5-6 grams in a glass depending on plant used) - so juice some kale/morning glory Etc. and add a table spoon of spirulina powder being close to 8-10 grams of very bio available protein. In fact, considered to be both complete, AND 5 times more bio available than meat.

Also; organic/free range/non hormone treated eggs are now sold here in most Western style super markets (Villa, Tops Etc.).

Hope helps.

Cheers!

• 2 months later...

I know nothing about this subject, but assuming your information is correct I don't need to do the math to see that it's obviously way cheaper to buy chicken meat over protein powder.

But OK, let's do the math.

2.3 kg of whey concentrate with 80% protein content is 1.84 kg of protein.

If chicken contains 30% protein that would mean that you would have to buy 6.13 kg of chicken meat to get the same amount of protein.

At your stated price of 2k baht for the whey protein that would mean that the break-even price for the chicken meat is 326 baht per kg.

I don't know where you shop, but at the regular supermarkets the price for chicken meat is about (or less than) half of that.

Sure, there can be other reasons for choosing protein powder over meat, but price is not one of them.

Sophon

I agree with you, but the op wanted to avoid chicken and eggs. Tuna is even cheaper but there is evidence to suggest that some brands may have higher levels of heavy metals in them.