Website Available To Calculate Tr Visa Time Left?

Never seen a website, but if you entered on a TR visa it will tell you in passport when you have to leave, but make sure your TR has not expired by that date (enter before date) and you can extend @ immigration for another 30 days jap.gif

Edited by terak69

They would have stamped your passport when you arrived giving the date you were admitted into the country and a date when you have to leave.

You dont say whether its a single or double entry visa, Im assuming by doing a border run you may have a double, so as the previous poster says ensure you leave and return before the visa expires.

Edited by Tafia

FrancisTenta, you say you have a "TR visa", with which your probably mean that you have obtained a tourist visa from a Thai consulate, with that visa travelled to Thailand an on arrival received permission to stay for 60 days. Without any information in your post indicating that your tourist visa is valid for more than one entry I must assume that it was valid for one entry.

You now have two choices:

1. leave Thailand not later than one day before the "UNTIL" date in the arrival stamp in your passport; or

2. apply at an immigration office for a 30-day extension of stay not later than the "UNTIL" date in the arrival stamp in your passport and subsequently leave Thailand not later than the last day of the validity period shown in the extension stamp in your passport.

My friend has made a program to calculate days left on any visa. If the mods would like to pin in, I will provide it for TV. It is on a legit site with lots of other small utilities he has designed. I have known him for years, he lives in Pattaya and programming is his hobby.

Totally clean code.

http://www.seastarde....bravehost.com/

Pass it on - he would love the downloads!

Dates Calculator

pic02.jpg Another relatively simple application that will sit on the USB drive and can be used to calculate date differences between 2 dates, or the date 90 days from now, for example. This can be useful for visa calculations, flights, etc, especially over the new year period. It also has a reminder function that will pop up on the selected day (and every day thereafter until changed) with both a sound and a text reminder. There is a printable log with a summary of running totals, etc.

Edited by bangkokburning

My friend's program could be a lot more polished but he did not have the interest to support the effort. He is a bit of a curmudgeon and does not spend a lot of time on forums so it's a finished product.

Having said that, his calculator was specifically designed for visa running expats. It was actually my idea when he needed something to play with and get his programming skills back up to speed.

There are lots of variables you can plug into it as well. Such as whether the first and or last days should be used in the calculation.

His program is downloadable and therefore you need not be online to use it.

The day you have to make a border run is stamped into your passport and that is what counts - not some calculator. And much better that you check that to make sure it is right in any case.

If more than a single entry visa it is also dependent on visa being valid, which is also stamped into passport.

For those on extensions of stay a calculator could be helpful to determine when an address report is due after a trip abroad, or confirm what should be entered on your receipt.

With my friends calc, you can have the equation use the day on arrival or not as well as the day of departure or not. Usually, you would always incl arrival but not always incl date departure. Thailand allows a fudge day (depart from airport only) as does Nepal. It is esp important for Nepal as you can get 16 days from a 15day visa. If you want another visa - 30 days, that is quite a bit more money.

Yes, my friends calc is very general but can be used for all sorts of things - incl extensions.

He has a bunch of other small utilities up on his site as well.

If you are using Windows 7 simply bring up Calculator and press {CTRL}+{E} to select date functions.

Free and immediate.

Other options include unit conversions, programmer [Hex & Biary etc.] and statistics. Oddly there's little publicity about this upgrade

Regards