True Tv Platinum Much Better Than Gold

THAIPHUKET

No. Just downgraded from Platinum to Gold, and there's still very little I watch. I just need BBC & CNN and CNBC. The rest of the programmes are a complete waste of money: the usual re-runs, or incompleted series.

Competition please!

agree the gold package is enough Platinum was an extra waste of money, i know we are in Thailand but seriously who needs 47 Thai channels of garbage!!!!!!!! ha ha ha yes I know the THAIS do!!

Nothing True has is worth it.

OK, I do have Platinum, but that is because I am a captive audience. But the service still sucks. I can go to the Philippines, and because they have more than on provider, I can get twice the channels at half the price. An while English is my language of choice, they have a multiple of channels in Chinese, Korean, German, Spanish, Italian, French, and two channels which rotate shows from a large variety of languages.

True just "ugraded" my service from "K" to "W" or vice versa. I asked them why, and they said so I can get more channels. I was told they were adding 4 channels, to include TLC, which I thought was pretty good...until I found out that to get these four channels I had to pay an extra 150 baht or some such.

I sort of like the show "Chuck," and I used to watch "Bones" until the ridiculous so-called "science" turned me away. On Monday, I was going through the meager Platinum line-up, and at the same time, two channels were showing "Chuck" while two were showing "Bones."

No. Just downgraded from Platinum to Gold, and there's still very little I watch. I just need BBC & CNN and CNBC. The rest of the programmes are a complete waste of money: the usual re-runs, or incompleted series.

Competition please!

We are doing the same. I would downgrade past Gold if I could, but also want BBC/CNN. :(

The re-runs are in no order, skipping from one season to the next...and from one series to the next.

We had plat free recently for a month (if you mention your birthday btw you get a free upgrade to the next package). No reason to upgrade to Plat unless you like old movies, reruns of american sports imo.

American sports? Except for ASN, American sports seem rather lacking. (I watch ASN strictly for American football and UFC.)

On the six sports channels, (while I catch the rugby and Aussie rules football at times) world football reigns supreme with the occasional golf or motor sports thrown in. On a recent Sunday, every sports channel except for ASN was on a world football match, one of them an English Premier League match from 15 years ago.

We had plat free recently for a month (if you mention your birthday btw you get a free upgrade to the next package). No reason to upgrade to Plat unless you like old movies, reruns of american sports imo.

American sports? Except for ASN, American sports seem rather lacking. (I watch ASN strictly for American football and UFC.)

On the six sports channels, (while I catch the rugby and Aussie rules football at times) world football reigns supreme with the occasional golf or motor sports thrown in. On a recent Sunday, every sports channel except for ASN was on a world football match, one of them an English Premier League match from 15 years ago.

That's what i meant ASN - reruns of the Stanley Cup Playoffs everytime I turned it on and ads for NASCAR that were longer that the race itself. Not worth the upgrade.

I travel quite a bit, and I have gotten hooked on some Australian shows while in various hotels in the region. And except for the never-ending Masterchef Australia (I actually love cooking shows, but this one cannot seem to get to the end), not much is shown from there.

Some good programming on the History Channel, Discovery, and National Geographic. That's about all I care to watch.

Agree, but they repeat the same programmes ad infinitum....

I'd take the local supplier which is a fraction of the cost but - they cannot be relied on to show F1 Grand Prixs.

After staying up 'til midnight to watch the '06 final race of the season, only to discover it was not being shown..... I switched to True Vision

Disappointed though at the way the same series (on the Gold package) are repeated time and time again. I enjoy Top Chef (or whatever it is called), but they keep repeating series 5! Surely they can afford to buy the later series?!

Edited by F1fanatic

That's what i meant ASN - reruns of the Stanley Cup Playoffs everytime I turned it on and ads for NASCAR that were longer that the race itself. Not worth the upgrade.

Yes, for that one channel, the re-runs are pretty bad. I never watched the initial broadcasts of the Stanley Cup, much less any of the zillion repeats.

I just note when football is on, get up early in the morning, and watch the games live, and I watch each UFC the day after the real event.

I watched one episode of "Spartacus," but as that show is basically about sex and violence, and almost none of that gets past the censors, I downloaded the torrents and watch the entire two season's worth at my own pace and without censorship. And the picture quality using the thumbdrive was much better than True's broadcast quality.

I watched one episode of "Spartacus," but as that show is basically about sex and violence, and almost none of that gets past the censors, I downloaded the torrents and watch the entire two season's worth at my own pace and without censorship. And the picture quality using the thumbdrive was much better than True's broadcast quality.

I know this is odd, but part of the entertainment (for me) is the way the most ridiculous things are blocked out :lol:!

I know this is odd, but part of the entertainment (for me) is the way the most ridiculous things are blocked out :lol:!

It is kind of funny watching "Lord of the Rings" and seeing Gimli's big long pipe getting blurred out every time he puts it to his lips.

I travel quite a bit, and I have gotten hooked on some Australian shows while in various hotels in the region. And except for the never-ending Masterchef Australia (I actually love cooking shows, but this one cannot seem to get to the end), not much is shown from there.

LOL , yeah its a heck of a long series, but it's very good.

I much prefer it to the US version, they all seem to hate each other and the judges can be pretty patronizing too, the Aussie program is very friendly and the judges are really cool guys.

Roll on the next season of Hells Kitchen too, although how some of the verdicts on who wins are come about I don't know. A few of the winners or finalists have been very surprising.

Edited by GM1955

OK, I do have Platinum, but that is because I am a captive audience. But the service still sucks. I can go to the Philippines, and because they have more than on provider, I can get twice the channels at half the price. An while English is my language of choice, they have a multiple of channels in Chinese, Korean, German, Spanish, Italian, French, and two channels which rotate shows from a large variety of languages.

True just "ugraded" my service from "K" to "W" or vice versa. I asked them why, and they said so I can get more channels. I was told they were adding 4 channels, to include TLC, which I thought was pretty good...until I found out that to get these four channels I had to pay an extra 150 baht or some such.

I sort of like the show "Chuck," and I used to watch "Bones" until the ridiculous so-called "science" turned me away. On Monday, I was going through the meager Platinum line-up, and at the same time, two channels were showing "Chuck" while two were showing "Bones."

You seem to know an awful lot about it all?

I downgraded from Platinum a few years back when they dropped BBC Gold - probably costing them too much as it's far superior to any American channel. The movie selection is awful and one wonders with all the great movies that have been made, why none seem to appear on True. The one thing for me that makes it worth it, is live Premier League football, their coverage is outstanding value. Add to that live, La Liga, FI FIM, Golf and Tennis Majors then this alone is worth the money.

We too have just downgraded from platinum to gold ,most of true is a load of rubbish ,and we intend mainly to watch nat geo ,history and the news channels , to watch anything else i just route you tube through the tv so mutch more choice ,just watched the Borgias which my daugter informs me only starts in Britain next week.

Agree rubbish mostly, only really watch History, Nat geo and Discovery & BBC world news.

The movie channels just take a group of films and move them around the channels for endless repeats, whats on one channel now will reappear next month on a different channel which is just stupid and the endless re-runs of series is annoying with the same show being shown as much as 3 times a day! commercials promoting something from the previous month is laughable.The other night they had the same program running on 3 different channels !!!

Wish there was an alternative but it looks like True have a captive audience.Platinum is definately a waste of money in my opinion.

If you have a good internet connection, I don't see any advantage in having True TV, expensive too.

Any movie or TV series worth seeing is available on torrent sites, news is all over the internet and you tube has just about everything else.

What i always dream of with True is an abolishment of the various packages and a switch to true (small "t") a la carte where say for example, each channel costs you 50 baht a month, on top of a base fee of a hundred baht or so, and you simply pick the channels you want. Of course it will never happen, at least not all the time True remains the only player in the market.

In principle and hypothetically though, why not? What we have at present in the equivalent of going into a supermarket to buy some eggs and some bread, and being told by the cashier that if we want to buy those items, we must also buy a tin of spam, biscuits, carrots, tea bags, butter, cornflakes and a banana. It's ridiculous. Paying for crap you never wanted.

As a Brit I watch Sky TV as I also found the True packages to be dire. The best advice I can give if you have someone you know resident in the country you want to watch is to buy a slingbox and stream through your TV.

Sky TV is cheaper and better than anything True has.

We too have just downgraded from platinum to gold ,most of true is a load of rubbish ,and we intend mainly to watch nat geo ,history and the news channels , to watch anything else i just route you tube through the tv so mutch more choice ,just watched the Borgias which my daugter informs me only starts in Britain next week.

The Borgias was on telly in England when I was at school, and that was a long time ago!!

Maybe a different Borgias? I just finished watching the 2011 version about a month back via downloads We downgraded from Platinum to Silver recently and added the kids channels through the disney package. The only thing I missed were the top flight EPL games. About to move into a house though and probably get Astro put in on Satellite with no True

The Borgias was on telly in England when I was at school, and that was a long time ago!!

Yes that one is on you tube as well ,i intend to watch it one day ,but to be honest there is just so much to watch dont know when i will get around to it ,when i was in the UK i baught an apple tv ,its a little box you fit to your tv and can stream you tube ect through the tv ,pity its not for sale here.

Ahhh but there are MANY devices that do the same as Apple TV that ARE on sale here. The only thing about Apple TV is you have the iTunes store access but then you are paying for content.

I have WDTV which I can stream HiDef movies/youtube etc etc to from my main computer downstairs in my house...download and stream....easy. Or I can attach a hard drive and watch directly from that.

Most TV's these days have some kind of media player built in too. I can also stream to my PS3 which is a decent media player.