Im Hungry - Who Delivers This Late?

poorfarang

So im sitting here browsing the web and Im getting rather hungry. Problem is my condo has no food. I grab the stack of menus and notice that they all stop delivering at 10. ######. Anybody know of a good place that will deliver still? Im near Luan Suan/Ratchdamri

That's why Thais always have a stock of mamaa (instant noodles) stashed away for an emergency :D

Sorry, not even Food By Phone can help you (closes at 10:30 it seems) :o If you're not too lazy/sleepy why not pop out for a quick meal at one of the pubs/restaurants still open? Maybe Ad Maker's or the Ninth or something? (not sure when closed though)

It seems from your post that you live in a condo. Does it not have a facility called a kitchen or even a fridge where you can prepare your own food?

The ones I used to live in always did.

Alternatively think of it this way. Don't eat and don't get fat.

Go hungry, millions of people do every day and they don't have a choice.

Do you need a food delivery service living in/near Langsuan??? :D

There are many restaurants with catering service but how about S&P for a start? (02-718-7000) I'm not so sure if they stop taking orders at 10:30PM.

For a genuine Italian pizza (not the Pizza Hut or Pizza Company type American franchise pizzeria) I often order delivery from Scoozi and Zanotti.

Sccozi - 02-267-4344

Zanotti - 02-800-8089

Also this Italian restaurant near Malaysia Hotel delivers everything on their menu, very good food and reasonably priced. :o

Lido - 02-677-6351

Edited by Nordlys

For a genuine Italian pizza (not the Pizza Hut or Pizza Company type American franchise pizzeria) I often order delivery from Scoozi and Zanotti. 

Italian pizza bites. American pizza is the best in the world.

However Pizza Hut/Company doesn't even sell real American pizza around these parts. It is some concoction that they have dreamed up themselves to appeal to young children and tasteless foreigners.

If you look at the Pizza Hut web-site in the US, you will notice that they sell New York style pizza which is the real deal. It is not available in Thailand.

That being said, Pizza Hut and the other large franchises are about the worst pizzas available in the USA and all Americans know it. They are for young kids with no money.

If you want good ones, you have to go to reputable restaurants that make everything from scratch, not giant franchises with pre-packaged ingredients. :o

Edited by Judge

Subway sandwich is open 24 hours

Sukhumvit Rd Soi 4 and Soi 6

Sukhumvit Rd Corner of 7/1

Sukhumvit Corner of 33/1 ( Next to the Villa)

Coming in December the following two locations

Siam Paragon ( next to Starbucks ground floor)

Khao San Rd ( next to the Police Station)

Subway Express will deliver Call 02-253-9400

Subway is a proud Sponsor of the Sunbelt Thai Visa Football team!

Click here to go to the Subway website...

Subway... Eat Fresh !

Sukhumvit Corner of 33/1  ( Next to the Villa)

Khao San Rd  ( next to the Police Station)

Subway... Eat Fresh !

And has some of the laziest and most clueless employees you'll see in any franchise restaurant. Seriously, they makes the kids at your average Thai McD's look like brain surgeons.

However I've been to other Subway's in Thailand not under the thumb of the master franchise holder [see above] and those seem to be well-run in general.

The shop on the corner of Sukhumvit Soi 7/1 is particularly apalling. Cramped inside, dirty and broken down outside, unsavory types (non-customers) loitering in the outside customer areas all hours of the day and night, employees who don't know the menu. At this location at least the "sub" stands for "sub-standard".

To be fair both this location and the one at Soi 4-6 were great when they first opened, but since then almost nothing has gone into upkeep and very little to training new employees.

I'm a former retail manager in the food and beverage sector. Your stores have problems.

• 8 months later...

Subway... Eat Fresh !

And has some of the laziest and most clueless employees you'll see in any franchise restaurant. Seriously, they makes the kids at your average Thai McD's look like brain surgeons.

However I've been to other Subway's in Thailand not under the thumb of the master franchise holder [see above] and those seem to be well-run in general.

The shop on the corner of Sukhumvit Soi 7/1 is particularly apalling. Cramped inside, dirty and broken down outside, unsavory types (non-customers) loitering in the outside customer areas all hours of the day and night, employees who don't know the menu. At this location at least the "sub" stands for "sub-standard".

To be fair both this location and the one at Soi 4-6 were great when they first opened, but since then almost nothing has gone into upkeep and very little to training new employees.

I'm a former retail manager in the food and beverage sector. Your stores have problems.

I would tend to agree 100 percent.

Well if this has become a Subway bashing post I'm actually going to stick up for them. I go to the one near Nana roughly twice a week and the staff are all pretty good. They're English isn't great but they know enough for me to order my sandwich without any issues, they are polite, the service is pretty quick and the sandwich is fresh.

The one on Soi 7 - the worst, got very upset when I asked for the Chicken Pizziola and they didnt put some of the ingrediants in, I asked "where are they", dont come with this sandwich was the reply, digged out a menu, showed them what was supposed to be in the sandwich, begrudgingly remade my sandwich, surly unsmiling staff.

The one in the Jasmine centre on the corner of soi 23, brilliant, great, cant say enough about them....hence you know where I go when I want a subway!

• 1 month later...
The one on Soi 7 - the worst, got very upset when I asked for the Chicken Pizziola and they didnt put some of the ingrediants in, I asked "where are they", dont come with this sandwich was the reply, digged out a menu, showed them what was supposed to be in the sandwich, begrudgingly remade my sandwich, surly unsmiling staff.

The one in the Jasmine centre on the corner of soi 23, brilliant, great, cant say enough about them....hence you know where I go when I want a subway!

Sorry for the misunderstanding but you are misinformed about Subway's menu. The listing on the menu is for the meat only, if there are other things listed toppings listed for an item these are only recommendations about what goes good with this type of meat. It is entirely up to you what toppings you put on a sandwich.

So it was not the staffs fault but your own.

Please try to be more careful when you attempt to lay the blame on others, because it might just land with yourself.

I would like to stick up for the staff at Soi 7/1, do understand how many drunk idiot farangs walk in there everyday, that they have to deal with. Some have to be ejected by force.

Subway... Eat Fresh !

Although your comments about clueless employees have some validity, and yes they could use more training. Your comparisons with McD's employees and Subways is flaud. McDonalds menu is easy to order from, because they give you absolutly no choice. Want a Big Mac with tomatos on it, forget it.

All you do is order from a list of numbers, so of course if will be easier for a non-English speaker to understand your order, because usually you can order your whole meal with two words.

"number 1, regular size"

As a former retail manager you should have know this.

If you want ease of ordering yes, go to McD's of KFC, if you want quality food prepared in front of you the way you want it, go to Subway.

Yes there are non-customers loitering, but look at where it is located. There are thousands of non customers loitering everywhere in this area. Do you think Subway incourages people to do this?

Although it might be cramped, it is certainly not dirty and broken down. The decor in the Subways is far better than anyother fast food franchise in Thailand, with possible the exception of Au Bon Pan.

Ronnies Pizza at Sukumwit Delivery untill 1am. Unfortunately i've lost the number but someone else on here may have it?

Ronnie's New York Pizza (in my opinion the best pizza in BKK) will deliver until 2am. However, I gave them a call at 2.30am one night last week just on the off-chance they might still be open and they were!

The pizza's are a little more expensive than The Pizza Company or Pizza Hut but, in my opinion, well worth it.

Number is 02 255 2626