One Day Trip To Myanmar, Cambodia Or Laos

stat

I am planning a one day trip in between my dual entry tourist visa.

Has anyone ever been to Rangoon (Myanmar). Plan is to visit for 4-5 hours the city. Is transportation available and can I withdraw money from an ATM in Myanmar? Alternative would be Cambodia or Laos. I rather visit another country then travel with a bus to Cambodia for a visa run. Thanks!

I have not been to Laos and had a friend who lived in Burma for 6 months. Cambodia is great if you are going to Siam Riep but PP has a lot to be desired. It has a lot of "nighttime" fun and is a paradise for substance abusers. I have to make that same trip in a few weeks myself but only for a border crossing not sure where I want to go I heard Loas is nice.

I propose Laos, most easy and quick cross the border and Vientiane (alternative Savannakhet) have nice good and cheap restaurants and some sightseeings. 80% of ATM give money to most international cards. Depend also where from you start of course ...... and by which means of transport.

Sorry folks forgot to mention I will travel by plane. So can I exchange some money in Burma at airport. Just pocket money for eating taxi etc. Just would hate to spend 2 hours getting back and forth from airport to city.

Thanks!

Sorry folks forgot to mention I will travel by plane. So can I exchange some money in Burma at airport. Just pocket money for eating taxi etc. Just would hate to spend 2 hours getting back and forth from airport to city.

Thanks!

There would be no point in doing that. 4 hours is nothing and it would cost you a lot for flight and visa, which you have to get in advance at the embassy. dont change money at teh airport if you go, you have to change on the black market, so no point it would cost you 10 times what you can get at black market. take and pay in dollars.But i would not bother, go to Laos. They may also think it is strange for a person to fly to Myanmar for a few hours. It would ring bells. A paranoid militray governement don't forget!