Agency Warns Of Tropical Storms, Heavy Downpour In Thailand

webfact

Didn't Yingluck promise the farmers 20000 bht per tonne of rice?

I have seen since the election that it was 15,000 for paddy rice and 20,000 for 'hom mali'.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! the wifes family are struggling with the false promises and hopes of yet another official CON/SCAM of the the common everyday man who is struggling to make ends meet

Well maybe things will get better WHEN the new government takes power, because the other lot couldn't care less

Please back up your allegation.

Don't need to, I knew some other posters would do it for me, and quite nicely I may add.

I wrote;

Please back up your allegation. I can refer you to several academic papers if you wish. It might not be as exciting as Nation Media, Look up people such as Aree Wiboonpongse and Yaovarate Chaovanapoonphol. (No, they are not commies, but one is Associate Professor. Department of Agricultural Economics, Faculty of Agriculture, Chiang Mai, University.and the other a Lecturer, Department of Agricultural Economics, Faculty of Agriculture, Chiang Mai, University

I am not interested in the suppositions and assumptions of bitter foreigners. Show me the documentation that supports your position. According to the reviews and studies I have read, the millers have their own agenda. The smaller mills may be supporters of the PTP, but it is the large mills that dominnate the market and that are in the hands of a relatively low number of families. The mills are only one part of a multi layered system that undercuts the efficiency of the rice farming sector in Thailand. Those same mills also have no problem in accepting substandard rice that makes its way into Thailand, even though they make public announcements that they would not do so. Have you looked at the leadership of the Thai Rice Millers Association? Maybe you should.

Please back up your allegation.

Don't need to, I knew some other posters would do it for me, and quite nicely I may add.

I wrote;

Please back up your allegation. I can refer you to several academic papers if you wish. It might not be as exciting as Nation Media, Look up people such as Aree Wiboonpongse and Yaovarate Chaovanapoonphol. (No, they are not commies, but one is Associate Professor. Department of Agricultural Economics, Faculty of Agriculture, Chiang Mai, University.and the other a Lecturer, Department of Agricultural Economics, Faculty of Agriculture, Chiang Mai, University

I am not interested in the suppositions and assumptions of bitter foreigners. Show me the documentation that supports your position. According to the reviews and studies I have read,

Documentation documentation documentation, you can read all the documentation that you want.

A Merc in the drive of a mansion that just happens to be on the same land as a sizeable rice mill (not a major player) with a PTP poster on the electric gate is sort of in-your-face evidence.... and I drive past several of them daily.

May be a good idea to get your head out the blow holes of the academics, leave the computer alone and get out to see the real world.... the one on my doorstep.

We all have our views on Yingluck and Abhisit and the future of Thailand but this is a news thread on the storms affecting sizeable parts of the country.

There are many political threads on here for debating, mudslinging please leave this thead to discuss the weather. Another thread can be started entitled Yingluck what will she do regards the storms?

I for one hope nobody loses their lives in these storms.

Englishinsiam, thank you for the post. I think the discussion on politics has run it's course. The main theme of the OP was about the weather, so further posts about politics will be deleted.

As noted, quite a number of topics on politics.

Topic: Tropical Storm: Weather.