Flood Warnings 2011

iainiain101

Anybody have an idea as to how much more the water level is expected to rise in San Sai Noi? I've got about 20cm before my kitchen floods. Any idea as to duration or when it might peak?

The river level in San Sai has been dropping but a slight 2cm rise at 9am

http://hydro-1.net/0...URLY.html?id=61

The guage in San Sai doesn't seem to correlate with the situation in San Sai Noi. It has been rising at about 15mm per hour where I am since I woke at 6am.

San Sai covers a large area. Perhaps you see the effect of the Mae Kuang water release in San Sai Noi, and the measurement point they use at the Hydro-1 Center is in a completely different part of San Sai which is not affected by that?

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody have an idea as to how much more the water level is expected to rise in San Sai Noi? I've got about 20cm before my kitchen floods. Any idea as to duration or when it might peak?

The river level in San Sai has been dropping but a slight 2cm rise at 9am

http://hydro-1.net/08HYDRO/HD-06/HOURLY.html?id=61

I think somebody is mickey mousing the chart......I thought I read it as a 2cm increase also and then when I look again, it had been changed

I noticed that as well. I'm sure I read 3.87 m when I posted but now it shows 3.84 m for 9am.

How's the situation in Faham Gonzo? Noticeable drops yet?

Edited by Loaded

In 4 years I have never had water come in the house.

Feel for you man, hope things improve soon.

+1 and to everyone else who has been affected by the floods.

Just out of interest, what sort of support, if any, can be received from the government in terms of restoring your house back to a previous state. My gf is from an area of central Thailand that flooded nearly every year and she said that the government gave money to restore the property to previous state (doors, windows etc). Would this be the same for those affected here. Any ideas?

P.s this did not include items that could be moved elsewhere and saved apparently.

Whats she talking about, Fang doesn't get effected by the Ping River at all, we are the other side of the mountain range, our problem is with mountain run off, Fang town is not effected, it's west, north west of town (Fang Hotsprings) in the villages. :ermm:

Solento,

You wouldn't happen to know how Mae Ai is doing would you (esp. the dams...)??

Water is now receding at my house - South of Mahidol in Sirriwattana, Nong Hoi. The river is now wel below 4.60m so I hope this means the general zone 7 area will start to drain off.

Had a call from a friend in Tha Sala, he's deep under water.

Just out of interest, what sort of support, if any, can be received from the government in terms of restoring your house back to a previous state. My gf is from an area of central Thailand that flooded nearly every year and she said that the government gave money to restore the property to previous state (doors, windows etc). Would this be the same for those affected here. Any ideas?

When we had flooding in March here on Samui, every Thai family got 5000 baht if the lived in the affected areas.

The affected areas was on a map, did not matter if you had flooding or not, as long as you were in the affected area.

Of course you needed to have a Thai ID-card and pictures of flood damage.

If you didn't have any pictures you borrowed from someone really affected.

Edited by PoorSucker

<br />
<br />Is the Ringroad clear from Sansai market area around to Hangdong road?<br />
<br /><br />See the previous post for your answer.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Sorry, I mean the Ringroad past Global House that was flooded yesterday?

i try to pass by there 1 hour before still close

Whats she talking about, Fang doesn't get effected by the Ping River at all, we are the other side of the mountain range, our problem is with mountain run off, Fang town is not effected, it's west, north west of town (Fang Hotsprings) in the villages. :ermm:

Solento,

You wouldn't happen to know how Mae Ai is doing would you (esp. the dams...)??

We haven't heard of any problems Scot ;)

In 4 years I have never had water come in the house.

Feel for you man, hope things improve soon.

+1 and to everyone else who has been affected by the floods.

P.s this did not include items that could be moved elsewhere and saved apparently.

I doubt if 'guests' qualify for support.

My guess is if a Thai is married to a foreigner and owns a house, they will be expected to pick up the tab.

If you're renting, it's negotiation time with the landlord I think.

Edited by uptheos

The dam is full and the level can't get any higher. One of the safest non flood areas in chiang mai now is the restaurants on the side of the dam

Not so sure about those restaurants being safe. Here's a couple of pics from today. Hope no one is in the loo (door with pepsi logo). This is the restaurant to the south of the northern dam, where the ferries leave from.

post-99758-0-05011300-1317363250_thumb.jpost-99758-0-06745100-1317363275_thumb.j

In the second pic, the tables have been moved up from the dining area to the car ports.

How about some news from the north side of the city?

Sure thing CM W,

I'm in the gulf of Thailand at the moment, but just called my missus and she says that Mae Rim is not flooded but by the bridge for the Mae Rim-Mae Jo road (just north of Green Valley) there was flooding next to the river for a short time. The east side of Ping River along Rt. 121 was flooded (same as last month) but NIS (Nakorn Payap Intl. school) was not flooded.

Just got back from a recon of the Mae Taeng River to the elephant camps and some outlying streams. The good news is that the water 10 KM up from HWY 107 has dropped well over a meter in 24 hours. The river is still raging however, and some homes and resorts in the constricted areas of the valley still have 2 meters of flooding. The levels visibly dropped in a two hour span when I left the main road to check out a waterfall up in the high country.

Here's some pics from the water being released from below the northern dam at Mae Kuang reservoir.<br><br>post-99758-0-86781700-1317363797_thumb.jpost-99758-0-94038300-1317363811_thumb.jpost-99758-0-11843500-1317363827_thumb.j<br><br><p>It was quite an experience to stand a couple of metres from this torrent.  This is feeding the irrigation canal that flows alongside the road leading straight to hwy 118.   They are also releasing water from beneath the southern dam to another canal.  This is in addition to the water pouring over the top of the dam.

</p><p><br></p><p>Pics of water pouring over south dam</p><p>post-99758-0-16595000-1317364461_thumb.jpost-99758-0-70974600-1317364478_thumb.jpost-99758-0-69194200-1317364502_thumb.jpost-99758-0-73427500-1317364516_thumb.jpost-99758-0-94558600-1317364538_thumb.jpost-99758-0-64573800-1317364553_thumb.j<br></p>

Edited by MESmith

Water is now receding at my house - South of Mahidol in Sirriwattana, Nong Hoi. The river is now wel below 4.60m so I hope this means the general zone 7 area will start to drain off.

Had a call from a friend in Tha Sala, he's deep under water.

Good to here it! However, I have just done a recce: water at 89 Plaza more than yesterday and moving South ie increasing. This water is from back-flooding through drains. Likewise the water south of the inner ring road up to the west side of the old CM-Lamphun rd 106 - higher than yesterday still.

Also there is an emergency supplies checkpoint a couple of hundred meters south of 89 Plaza on the left (red flashing light), boxes of Pad Krapao, candles, water etc; anyone out there with a big truck and time on their hands who doesn't mind driving through floods would be more than welcome to help distribute stuff.

My place in Saraphi off the 121 between Hang Dong Road and Chiang Mai Lamphun road is flooding pretty badly and being that I have a canal on 3 sides of the property the water is just moviing iin from all sides.... Sand Bags not helping as the water is moving in quite fast ....eeekkks! What a nightmare

:bah:

<br />
<br />Is the Ringroad clear from Sansai market area around to Hangdong road?<br />
<br /><br />See the previous post for your answer.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Sorry, I mean the Ringroad past Global House that was flooded yesterday?

Closed / Impassable between the underpass of the Lamphun Road and the River.

I just checked on Varee School and the soi that goes past Varee from Aom Muang Road towards the Middle Ring. That soi is still wet, but passable. They put colorful flags on the side of the road to indicate where the road ends and where the stream begins; nice touch. Houses and land on that stream are mostly flooded though.

post-64232-0-67215800-1317366168_thumb.j post-64232-0-16717200-1317366173_thumb.j post-64232-0-75614400-1317366176_thumb.j

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Any news on the outer ring road between hang dong road and cm-lamphun road? Is it dry all the way? Yesterday there was nonstop traffic all day coming towards the cm-lamphun road, and today i see almost nothing at the cm-lamphun end. To make matters worse my bicycle has developed a puncture so i can't go out to check on it all.

Any residents of saraphi got any stories to tell? We're still dry luckily, but water is in places it never got to five years ago!

My place in Saraphi off the 121 between Hang Dong Road and Chiang Mai Lamphun road is flooding pretty badly and being that I have a canal on 3 sides of the property the water is just moviing iin from all sides.... Sand Bags not helping as the water is moving in quite fast ....eeekkks! What a nightmare

:bah:

That's unlucky, hope it doesn't get too bad. Are you west or east of the river? Or, rather, close to the cm-lamphun road?

I've got a meter just outside my office window. The water is going down. Not quite as fast as it went up but it is at about the 2-3 pm level of a couple of days ago.

How's the road outside and will you be able to open today?

We are cleaned up and ready to go but there is still water in the street. The Duke's will be open in the Night Bazaar but not at the river location tonight.