The Price Of Football Survey

MrRed

Interestin reading especially when you get into the lower leagues. A few snippets below and the link to the whole report Link

Newcastle United were the only club out of the 104 surveyed who did not reveal their prices.

But despite the prices demand remains strong. Arsenal have the most expensive ticket in domestic football at £100 for the new season, yet more than 60,000 fans turned out to watch them draw 2-2 with Boca Juniors in a friendly at the Emirates Stadium last weekend.

Arsenal's pie is the country's most expensive at £4

Pies in the south west are generally more expensive (Cheltenham £3.50, Bristol City £3.40, Plymouth £2.90, Bristol Rovers £2.85, Yeovil £3)

Unsurprisingly, clubs in London are generally more expensive, with Arsenal (£100), Chelsea (£87) and Tottenham (£80) having the highest cost of matchday tickets in the country. However, Chelsea's cheapest ticket is £23.50. Champions Manchester United and cross-city rivals City compare relatively well - United's cheapest day out is £35.60 while City's cheapest ticket is £25.

In the Premier League Blackburn Rovers offered the best deal at £17.50, while Watford's £17.30 represented the best deal in the Championship. Rochdale and Preston in League One and Rotherham and Torquay in League Two also came in cheapest in their divisions, while Inverness are the best value for money in the Scottish Premier League.

Yes but not all tickets are 100 quid are they wink.gif

Liverpool is peng mak for a day out,i wonder if that crossed your tefal Abrak?

Fair comment. I think on some measures Anfield is actually the most expensive especially if you compare it to local spending power. Amongst LFC's many faults in gross mismanagement over the last 20 years was not to expand the stadium when they could have afforded it.

Fair comment. I think on some measures Anfield is actually the most expensive especially if you compare it to local spending power. Amongst LFC's many faults in gross mismanagement over the last 20 years was not to expand the stadium when they could have afforded it.

Ditto Everton, but I think a groundshare is the way forward, given money and land issues.

Compared to local spening power I'd plump for Swansea.

Rochdale also do fantastic pies at great value :D

post-4641-1156693976.gif Not as good as Arbroath's.

Not bad....only one time for me though....

Edit: I'll get crucified for this but the pies at the library are great as well. ph34r.gif

Edited by smokie36

I see from the report that Chelski and Cit££ don't serve pies. What's that all about? huh.gif

MrRed...that drizzle of gravy wasn't served by the bird at Old Trafford....anyway the hotdogs are the big sellers at your ground! Alongside ...wait for it...farkin warm Budweiser...bah.gif

Lol ,i wouldn't know ....not been for years biggrin.gif

Used to be the pie shop before the game for me,satisfy the munchies then as many cider cans before i got to the gates.

I am not shy to say that sometimes i would leave at half-time and watch it in the pub round the corner if it was boring me.

Used to be the pie shop before the game for me,satisfy the munchies then as many cider cans before i got to the gates.

I am not shy to say that sometimes i would leave at half-time and watch it in the pub round the corner if it was boring me.

You disappoint me...I had you nipping out for a half time spliff and then off to the pub to nick yer mates bird...

You disappoint me...I had you nipping out for a half time spliff and then off to the pub to nick yer mates bird...

You know me well! wink.gif

BTW one prediction I will make - and I dont generally like to forecast the future is that in ten years time a match day ticket to a Premiership match will be no more than the equivalent of 20 quid in todays money.

BTW one prediction I will make - and I dont generally like to forecast the future is that in ten years time a match day ticket to a Premiership match will be no more than the equivalent of 20 quid in todays money.

Bang on the mark. Their wages will come down even more than that of the rest of us poor wage slaves....biggrin.gif