Changing Jobs In Thailand

Hi All,

I've been reading this forum on and off for a couple of years and have found it a very useful source of information both before and after I moved to Thailand.

I've been employed by a Thai company for close to 2 years now on a work permit and non-Imm B visa.

I recently got a job offer from another company in Thailand.

Can anybody help me with these questions:

1. I plan to apply for permanent residency in Thailand. If I resign from my present job, does that break the continuity of my B visa and I have to start from Year 0 again?

2. Do I have to leave Thailand to get another 3 month B visa from a Thai consulate abroad to tide me over the period during which my new employer is applying for my new work permit?

3. I read that somewhere that you can have 2 employers under the same work permit. Can this be done, so that if I resign from one employer, my work permit is still valid for the other employer?

Thanks for any advice!

Hi I am interested in any solutionm to this also please.

Hi All,

I've been reading this forum on and off for a couple of years and have found it a very useful source of information both before and after I moved to Thailand.

I've been employed by a Thai company for close to 2 years now on a work permit and non-Imm B visa.

I recently got a job offer from another company in Thailand.

Can anybody help me with these questions:

1. I plan to apply for permanent residency in Thailand. If I resign from my present job, does that break the continuity of my B visa and I have to start from Year 0 again?

2. Do I have to leave Thailand to get another 3 month B visa from a Thai consulate abroad to tide me over the period during which my new employer is applying for my new work permit?

3. I read that somewhere that you can have 2 employers under the same work permit. Can this be done, so that if I resign from one employer, my work permit is still valid for the other employer?

Thanks for any advice!

Technically, it is possible to transfer a work permit, but it is so rare than nobody (read 99% of people) knows how to do it.

Im on a Non 'O' Visa and people tell me that i am unable to get a work permit though this is rubbish. You are eligable for one on ANY Non immigrant visa.

Bottom line is you will strugssle as you are doing something our of the ordinary.

Regards

If you have (or can get) custody of your blue work permit booklet, a second job can be added to that booklet. You need the normal company documents (full set of everything) from the new employer. You can then close out the first job, and you carry on with normal activities, and then revalidate the work permit when the time comes, based on the remaining job.

This process does NOT necessarily work for teachers - particularly if switching between a private and a government school.

If you want help with carrying out this process, contact Khun "Beer" at our offices 02-260-3914.

Good luck!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com