I Bought A Chevy Cruze

thaicruze why do you never talk about the huge problem of the cruze? The deceleration? If you remove your foot off the gas at 100kph it takes about 4 sec before it starts jerking down and slowing down really fast instead of coasting. It is even worse at lower speeds. Let's say you have a 400m stretch of road that you can coast on with any normal car at 50-60kph and still run at 35-40kph by the end, with the cruze you'd be at 5kph if you're lucky.

Because I've never experienced it. Everything you say about it is nonsense. I'm glad I made a video.

When I hit around 60 I stopped pressing the accelerator at 0:10. Then you can hear me hitting the brake at 0:18. That shatters your comment on 4 seconds. It's ridiculous. If that was the case, I would've gone to the dealer or complained.

Proven WRONG yet again. That's 2 trolls debunked. Noisy and it decelerates to 5kph in 4 seconds laugh.gif

I don't know what kind of Cruze you "drove" according to you, but it was either all fuc_ked up or you never really drove one, which is why I made this video. To prove NONE of you have actually driven or been inside the car.

I haven't had any bad experiences yet. When it happens I will let you know, but at this time, if people are going to get a car, the 2 cars that I would go check out at this point and this price range would be the Cruze and the Lancer GLS ltd.

The GLS Ltd has things only found in the more expensive Cruze LT, but the GLS doesn't have ESP and the Cruze does. Also, the GLS takes E85. The Cruze doesn't. Then, the GLS looks like an 80's car inside and the Cruze is modern. So, it's really up to the buyer to go, test drive them and decide which fits them the best. For me it was the Cruze.

I'm not sure why you can't live with the fact I bought a Cruze and I am happy with it. Seems to really be bothering you.

Edited by thaicruze

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He asked a Question, thats not Trolling. Ive driven 2 of them,they are very quiet, and i didnt notice an auto prob. I get flack over my ride, so what.?. I personally dont like them, but neither do i like Hi Ride Trucks like a Sportivo, but many folks realy enjoy them. You should read the old Tuna Post to see we just enjoy a banter now n then.:D

[Proven WRONG yet I'm not sure why you can't live with the fact I bought a Cruze and I am happy with it. Seems to really be bothering you.

I can live with that you bought one and are happy with it. Thats the main thing: happy with your new wheels.

I never drove one so I don't have an opinion about it, but I think it looks good for what you pay for.

The New Focus is now in Thailand.

whats your source?

Ford.co.th still calls the old Focus "New Focus", and i fail to believe there will be any "All New" Focus in TH before they are almost sold out on old Focus and following "All New" Ranger introduction. So February?

no source, just spreading false rumours?

whats your source?

Ford.co.th still calls the old Focus "New Focus", and i fail to believe there will be any "All New" Focus in TH before they are almost sold out on old Focus and following "All New" Ranger introduction. So February?

The new Focus is in Thailand.

I guess it depends what you mean by new. New for me is 2011. This is the year we're living in now.

The future Focus will be the 2012. That's next year. 2011 is followed by 2012. 2012 by 2013 and so on.

The future focus, the 2012 Focus, will be just like the 2011 Cruze. It will be built in Rayong. I guess we can talk about that next year.

Edited by thaicruze

whats your source?

I guess it depends what you mean by new. New for me is 2011. This is the year we're living in now.

The future Focus will be the 2012. That's next year. 2011 is followed by 2012. 2012 by 2013 and so on.

The future focus, the 2012 Focus, will be just like the 2011 Cruze. It will be built in Rayong. I guess we can talk about that next year.

i guess to everybody else it means your head is full of...............................

whats your source?

The new Focus is in the US and Europe, and has been so for a while, as 2011 models and 2012 models

Unfortunately not this year in Thailand, only the old Focus available, and if you buy one in january 2012 it will be a 2010 or 2011 model sold new in 2012

Despite being an old model, still better than TH Cruze in several areas, and 850k baht for the 2,0 is a bargain

thaicruze why do you never talk about the huge problem of the cruze? The deceleration? If you remove your foot off the gas at 100kph it takes about 4 sec before it starts jerking down and slowing down really fast instead of coasting. It is even worse at lower speeds. Let's say you have a 400m stretch of road that you can coast on with any normal car at 50-60kph and still run at 35-40kph by the end, with the cruze you'd be at 5kph if you're lucky.

Because I've never experienced it. Everything you say about it is nonsense. I'm glad I made a video.

When I hit around 60 I stopped pressing the accelerator at 0:10. Then you can hear me hitting the brake at 0:18. That shatters your comment on 4 seconds. It's ridiculous. If that was the case, I would've gone to the dealer or complained.

Proven WRONG yet again. That's 2 trolls debunked. Noisy and it decelerates to 5kph in 4 seconds laugh.gif

I don't know what kind of Cruze you "drove" according to you, but it was either all fuc_ked up or you never really drove one, which is why I made this video. To prove NONE of you have actually driven or been inside the car.

I haven't had any bad experiences yet. When it happens I will let you know, but at this time, if people are going to get a car, the 2 cars that I would go check out at this point and this price range would be the Cruze and the Lancer GLS ltd.

The GLS Ltd has things only found in the more expensive Cruze LT, but the GLS doesn't have ESP and the Cruze does. Also, the GLS takes E85. The Cruze doesn't. Then, the GLS looks like an 80's car inside and the Cruze is modern. So, it's really up to the buyer to go, test drive them and decide which fits them the best. For me it was the Cruze.

I'm not sure why you can't live with the fact I bought a Cruze and I am happy with it. Seems to really be bothering you.

I stopped reading after the first sentence. Now you have proven to us that you indeed work for chevrolet. The coasting issue is spoken of on EVERY cruze forum.

The new Focus is in the US and Europe, and has been so for a while, as 2011 models and 2012 models

Unfortunately not this year in Thailand, only the old Focus available, and if you buy one in january 2012 it will be a 2010 or 2011 model sold new in 2012

Despite being an old model, still better than TH Cruze in several areas, and 850k baht for the 2,0 is a bargain

It is a 2.0L yes. Petrol, not diesel.

New focus will be also built next door tote CRUZE in Thailand.

CRUZE has ESP - Focus doesn't

Cruze has Traction Control - Focus doesn't

CRUZE has a 6 speed transmission - Focus is 4 speed

All that for 25,000 baht more. I don't see how the Focus is so much more superior. Maybe you care to enlighten us?

New focus will be also built next door to the CRUZE in Thailand.

All that for 25,000 baht more. I don't see how the Focus is so much more superior. Maybe you care to enlighten us?

To get in the Focus what my LS offers, you have to go to the top Focus which is 1,169,000.

Edited by thaicruze

whats your source?

Besides most models I know of in the west begin delivery of the following years model vehicles in the midterm or final quarter of the current year unless some technological delay preventing timely introduction.. I.E. 2012 models mid way or in the final quarter of 2011...

To get in the Focus what my LS offers, you have to go to the top Focus which is 1,169,000.

Focus comes with several engines, 2 of them are 2,0, one petrol one diesel

The 850k baht Focus, I find much more powerfull, steers better and traction and balance much better. The 3 most important things for a car :)

In addition IMHO the hatch looks better, and probably protects better in a crash than a TH Cruze LT

For an excellent handling car like Focus used on roads without ice or snow, I do not need TC or ESP, and if it was there I would switch them off to go fast anyway

for 1.169 Focus you get a very modern and powerfull diesel and dsg auto, not available in Cruze in any market

cant say much about the new Focus, as I havent tested it yet

Seemed appropriate (in an inappropriate sort of way). biggrin.gif

"Get a garage", i say.

Nothing to do with it. If you say something is better, say the GLS ltd is better. I can't argue with that except none of them have traction control and ESP like the cruze

Other than that and the styling, the Lancer is the competition to the CRUZE until the 2012 focus

My wife and I really don't like the styling of the Lancer. Otherwise, we would've test drove one. I am sure it drives very nicely.

Edited by thaicruze

In addition IMHO the hatch looks better, and probably protects better in a crash than a TH Cruze LT

For me, looks, whether it be the saloon or the hatch, is what lets the Focus down. The hatch kinda reminds me of that car they used to call the "teardrop" in the UK. Anyone remember? Twas the Vauxhall Astra circa 1980.

The new Focus, which was hitting showrooms when i was in the UK a few months back, looks a lot sharper though.

(just for clarity's sake, when i say "new" i mean, as i think most people usually do, the model either about to come out or just come out. I don't think it's usual to describe a model as being "new" when it's been on the streets for years - unless you happen to be in marketing)

All that said about Focus looks, the Cruze i find boring to look at from most angles, especially the rear end which reminds me of a Japanese take on a 3 series. The front end is its best feature. The rest is pure fleet car. The Civic, though dated, never struck me that way.

"Get a garage", i say.

So there could be Sparks on the way ?

Or perhaps there are rooms out there with big doors for TC to get his ride in eh. :lol:

Never mind big doors, how about one of those motels with the big plastic curtains. Never used such an establishment myself of course, wink wink, nudge nudge, but imagine they would offer decent privacy for motorists looking to get more intimately acquainted with their "rides".

"Get a garage", i say.

So there could be Sparks on the way ?

Or perhaps there are rooms out there with big doors for TC to get his ride in eh. :lol:

Never mind big doors, how about one of those motels with the big plastic curtains. Never used such an establishment myself of course, wink wink, nudge nudge, but imagine they would offer decent privacy for motorists looking to get more intimately acquainted with their "rides".

still remember first time i checked in at one, must have been with my first TH car in 2003, closed pvc curtains, enter room, heart shaped red bed and red carpets and mirror in ceiling. perfect for TH Cruze :lol: :lol:

Focus comes with several engines, 2 of them are 2,0, one petrol one diesel

The 850k baht Focus, I find much more powerfull, steers better and traction and balance much better. The 3 most important things for a car :)

For an excellent handling car like Focus used on roads without ice or snow, I do not need TC or ESP, and if it was there I would switch them off to go fast anyway

for 1.169 Focus you get a very modern and powerfull diesel and dsg auto, not available in Cruze in any market

cant say much about the new Focus, as I havent tested it yet

Obviously you don't understand what ESP and TC do.

It's OK. You get the car you want.

IMO, the Focus is not any more powerful or steers any better than the CRUZE. Also you convienetly went eight over the fact the Focus has a 4 speed transmission.

Edited by thaicruze

I think you'll find he does. wink.gif

If he thinks ESP and traction control are just for "icy roads" then obviously he doesnt.

Traction Control is an extension of ABS. It keeps the wheels at an optimal slip ratio. This is specially helpful in rainy countries like Thailand. This is why my CRUZE feels so controlled when you drive on the rain. Traction control will help you maintain grip on the road and get you out of hydroplaning by putting the breaks on the tire(s) that don't have traction.

ESP - This is a system that works on the background and monitors vehicle steering and direction (nothing to do with icy roads). Compares the vehicle's direction with the driver's intended direction. It helps the car when, for example, you try to avoid an obstacle at a high rate of speed (also something that happens in Thailand all the time). The vehicle with ESP will avoid the obstacle and keep on course. The vehicle without ESP runs the risk of spinning out of control.

In addition, the CRUZE LS also has EBD and ABS just like the others. This is why the CRUZE feels so planted and grips the road so well.

The last months hasn't stopped raining. Thailand is basically under water, and driving through this rain and wet roads for a month straight really made the experience of driving a car with all this technology very satisfying.

This doesn't look right to me

Mitsubishi_Lancer_GLS_MidV_2.jpg

This does

holden-cruze-rear.jpg

This feels like my dad's 1985 tercel

Mitsubishi-New-Lancer-Interior.jpg

This feels expensive and modern

Chevrolet-Cruze_2011_800x600_wallpaper_76.jpg

said it many times, the pictured Cruze interior looks great. To bad you couldnt afford this model

Yes I don't mean to add my voice to the dog pack here but you had said that you didn't like the saddle leather color on the Cruze when I said it looks rich which is why you got yours done in all black but now you're touting the "rich looking" interior of the Cruze and potsing a picture of the saddle leather color? :blink: .. Bit of a waffle and a bit confusing that..

Now I guess you'll say that it's not the saddle leather color that distinguishes it so that's not what you meant, but I'd disagree I think it's the primary distinguishing factor.

This doesn't look right to me

Mitsubishi_Lancer_GLS_MidV_2.jpg

This does

holden-cruze-rear.jpg

This feels like my dad's 1985 tercel

Mitsubishi-New-Lancer-Interior.jpg

This feels expensive and modern

Chevrolet-Cruze_2011_800x600_wallpaper_76.jpg

said it many times, the pictured Cruze interior looks great. To bad you couldnt afford this model

Yes I don't mean to add my voice to the dog pack here but you had said that you didn't like the saddle leather color on the Cruze when I said it looks rich which is why you got yours done in all black but now you're touting the "rich looking" interior of the Cruze and potsing a picture of the saddle leather color? :blink: .. Bit of a waffle and a bit confusing that..

Now I guess you'll say that it's not the saddle leather color that distinguishes it so that's not what you meant, but I'd disagree I think it's the primary distinguishing factor.

No. I don't care for the orange/gray thing.

What does my color preference have to do with the CRUZE having a more modern interior than the Lancer?

I think you'll find he does. wink.gif

I think you'll find he does too. :)

Well, whether he does or not, to state that TC is only helpful in icy or snowy conditions did give 'Thaicruze' a bit of an open goal. But who cares? Thaicruze is smoking around in his new ride, yeah I'll admit I'm jealous, it's a decent car, he should just enjoy it instead of doing Chevy's PR work for free! I've learnt quite a bit about Chevrolet and the Cruze from reading this thread and given that Chevrolet will only ever release more models in the future, not learning this now will only delay the inevitable. Think about it, the BKPost announced that the new Aveo, the Sonic, will be released here next year, imagine how many people will be tempted away from the ageing Vios when they see that.

Back to the Cruze, one aspect not yet discussed is running costs. My wife gets sent the Chevy Talk magazine because of having an Aveo and they did a centerfold spread about the 5-year/100,000km basic running costs (ie not batteries, or tires) of the Cruze. The 1.6 rang in at 18,041baht while the 1.8 which I think Thaicruze has came in at 14,776baht. Chevrolet have obviously designed a tough, reliable car they can depend on and stand behind and the running costs are worth contrasting with other models to give a fuller basis for comparison, like the Lancer, Focus, Civic. For example, I'm running a City and probably mostly because of using synthetic oil (as opposed to the semi-synthetic used in the above Chevrolet calculations) I've easily spent over 15k in 3 years as they stick with the old '10,000km or 6 months whichever comes first' stance.