When Was The Last Time You Heard, Or Used The Term "Boom Boom"

nocturn

boom boom in common parlance  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Only girls in or who have been in the sex industry use this term.

Well, the guys who bought sometyhing too.

Totally incorrect. Its used throughout the country by all sorts.

That aside, its harmless, universally understood, not meant in a rude way at all and well, thats about it isn't it?

Edited by carmine

When watching Basil Brush !!!

I read the thread which must have triggered this 'Boom-Boom' thread...

On the other thread there is certain poster who appears to have been 'burnt' in a major way during his time in Thailand..... It is quite apparent from this posters opinions that his experience of Thailand is limited to a very specific demographic where the use of the words 'Boom-Boom' is common place. This specific poster has difficulty seeing anything beyond his range of experiences. This poster does however make for entertaining reading and I have long suspected that he might actually have a good sense of humor as I can't imagine anyone being quite so narrow minded.

When watching Basil Brush !!!

I read the thread which must have triggered this 'Boom-Boom' thread...

On the other thread there is certain poster who appears to have been 'burnt' in a major way during his time in Thailand..... It is quite apparent from this posters opinions that his experience of Thailand is limited to a very specific demographic where the use of the words 'Boom-Boom' is common place. This specific poster has difficulty seeing anything beyond his range of experiences. This poster does however make for entertaining reading and I have long suspected that he might actually have a good sense of humor as I can't imagine anyone being quite so narrow minded.

isn't it insulting....

That aside, its harmless, universally understood, not meant in a rude way at all and well, thats about it isn't it?

I feel really bad because I have two threads with boom boom posts going at the same time. Please everyone accept my apologies. You all happened to catch me during a good girl period. She is a uni educated fem with a natural tendency to be a bit up tight and if that wasn't enough her degree is in engineering and she is working on a masters in welding. You can imagine all of her friends are equally as liberal and flighty as welding quality control consultants. This is a group of up tight people in an up tight profession in an up tight country. So there we all were discussing the universality of boom boom. The babysitters promptly removed the children and dogs from the front room and her father out of horror left to spend the night with his mia noi.

Well I got the washing the chicken's face as a double meaning for morning sex and eating some kind of rice soup means you are going home at lunch to get a little but that is where the conversation ended. No one could give me another word for boom boom and everyone of those ever loving detail pencil pushers knew what boom boom meant although none would admit to ever using the word. One lady did use the word later that evening when we were by chance together on the way to the restroom. So all you goody two shoes guys who think boom is only used by bar girls give me a break and don't throw your lack of sex in my face as morality or politeness.

As I have said before I may be completely in error and ready to admit this if someone comes up with an alternative word and not a lot of polite semantics about being personally attuned to each others wants and desires. A word please. Not a thought or feeling. A black and white polite way of saying I want to make love to you tonight. And don't give me the I have not been here long enough because I got to Thailand the first time before most of the posters were born.

Edited by kerryk

I feel really bad because I have two threads with boom boom posts going at the same time. Please everyone accept my apologies. You all happened to catch me during a good girl period. She is a uni educated fem with a natural tendency to be a bit up tight and if that wasn't enough her degree is in engineering and she is working on a masters in welding. You can imagine all of her friends are equally as liberal and flighty as welding quality control consultants. This is a group of up tight people in an up tight profession in an up tight country. So there we all were discussing the universality of boom boom. The babysitters promptly removed the children and dogs from the front room and her father out of horror left to spend the night with his mia noi.

Well I got the washing the chicken's face as a double meaning for morning sex and eating some kind of rice soup means you are going home at lunch to get a little but that is where the conversation ended. No one could give me another word for boom boom and everyone of those ever loving detail pencil pushers knew what boom boom meant although none would admit to ever using the word. One lady did use the word later that evening when we were by chance together on the way to the restroom. So all you goody two shoes guys who think boom is only used by bar girls give me a break and don't throw your lack of sex in my face as morality or politeness.

As I have said before I may be completely in error and ready to admit this if someone comes up with an alternative word and not a lot of polite semantics about being personally attuned to each others wants and desires. A word please. Not a thought or feeling. A black and white polite way of saying I want to make love to you tonight. And don't give me the I have not been here long enough because I got to Thailand the first time before most of the posters were born.

People may use this word as they wish. In the same manner some expats can shave their heads, sport various tattoes and hang around in beer bars all day long - That doesn't make them good, bad, intellegent, stupid or respectful or shameful people.

It does however provide a basis on which judgmental people will make assumptions.

IMO everyone passes judgement on another at some time, albeit private or public judgement. Whether we let this judgement affect the way we deal with another person is a different matter for a different thread but I believe most try their hardest not let their judgments outweigh their treatment of others.

If I were to talk with 100 bar girls and 100 uni-educated office girls in Thailand I might expect to hear the phrase Boom-Boom more from one demographic than another. There may be many reasons for this, but I suspect the main reason is that this slang term is generally utilized by people who don't care a great deal about what others think of them.

If I hear the words Boom-Boom from a girl - Correctly or incorrectly I will make an assumption, this assumption will not alter how I treat this person, nevertheless I will have established a negative opinion.

Edited by richard_smith237

People may use this word as they wish. In the same manner some expats can shave their heads, sport various tattoes and hang around in beer bars all day long - That doesn't make them good, bad, intellegent, stupid or respectful or shameful people.

It does however provide a basis on which judgmental people will make assumptions.

IMO everyone passes judgement on another at some time, albeit private or public judgement. Whether we let this judgement affect the way we deal with another person is a different matter for a different thread but I believe most try their hardest not let their judgments outweigh their treatment of others.

If I were to talk with 100 bar girls and 100 uni-educated office girls in Thailand I might expect to hear the phrase Boom-Boom more from one demographic than another. There may be many reasons for this, but I suspect the main reason is that this slang term is generally utilized by people who don't care a great deal about what others think of them.

If I hear the words Boom-Boom from a girl - Correctly or incorrectly I will make an assumption, this assumption will not alter how I treat this person, nevertheless I will have established a negative opinion.

Nice answer Richard but what is the alternative word?

Everyone is judgmental and everyone makes assumptions.

In the scenario above, I would assume that the gentlemen you have described are English.

Personally, I have neither used nor encountered the term "boom boom" for more than a decade.

I went to stay in a hotel in Phucket and they offered a free shuttle car service to the main beach area. I took the shuttle one evening and had the misfortune of sharing the car with a fairly despicable middle aged fellow who spent the entire ride asking the driver "where's the best place to get some 'boom boom'" and that he is "definitely going to get some cheap 'boom boom' tonight".

If i remember correctly there was some hip gyrating and air humping going on each time he said "boom boom".

That's the first and last time i ever heard the term "boom boom" used.

I afraid that I teach my wife say 'boom boom' before I know Thai or she know English.

She usually say 'lap nawn' a variation on 'nawn lap' which mean go to bed, sometimes she say 'ow mai'.

Now she speak more English, every time before I go on 'boy night out' she say 'bed first'

Thai very good at not say what mean, but when interact with westerner Thai person know need be more forthright.

I also understand soapy massage advertise as 'aap (wash) op (perfume) nuat (massage)', but all Thai know really 'Aap op nuat nap (shag)'

'Yet' is just rude, Thai person not like say out loud (as in 'yet pet' and 'yet mare').

More commercial girls would say 'ow mai' when offer them self for sale

Or if I were asking 'towrai'

With no other obvious item to purchase in view

None of these useful in English speaking forum, as few foreigner know.

Edited by OlafStapleton

I feel really bad because I have two threads with boom boom posts going at the same time. Please everyone accept my apologies. You all happened to catch me during a good girl period. She is a uni educated fem with a natural tendency to be a bit up tight and if that wasn't enough her degree is in engineering and she is working on a masters in welding. You can imagine all of her friends are equally as liberal and flighty as welding quality control consultants. This is a group of up tight people in an up tight profession in an up tight country. So there we all

were discussing the universality of boom boom. The babysitters promptly removed the children and dogs from the front room and her father out of horror left to spend the night with his mia noi.k

People may use this word as they wish. In the same manner some expats can shave their heads, sport various tattoes and hang around in beer bars all day long - That doesn't make them

good, bad, intellegent, stupid or respectful or shameful people.

Nice answer Richard but what is the alternative word?

Boomsing

I went to stay in a hotel in Phucket and they offered a free shuttle car service to the main beach area. I took the shuttle one evening and had the misfortune of sharing the car with a fairly despicable middle aged fellow who spent the entire ride asking the driver "where's the best place to get some 'boom boom'" and that he is "definitely going to get some cheap 'boom boom' tonight".

If i remember correctly there was some hip gyrating and air humping going on each time he said "boom boom".

That's the first and last time i ever heard the term "boom boom" used.

Sounds like a very charming chap. :D

I just had dinner with my GF and three of her reports and I asked the question If they had heard the term "Boom Boom"....They all looked puzzled. I tried to explain without giving away what it means. In the end none of the 4 have ever heard nor used the term. One gal guessed and said it might mean she has Big Breasts but was not sure.

I told them what the term was being used as after and they all laughed and said it sounded like something children might say.

I just had dinner with my GF and three of her reports and I asked the question If they had heard the term "Boom Boom"....They all looked puzzled. I tried to explain without giving away what it means. In the end none of the 4 have ever heard nor used the term. One gal guessed and said it might mean she has Big Breasts but was not sure.

I told them what the term was being used as after and they all laughed and said it sounded like something children might say.

Not likely.

You are in Iran right?

Everyone is judgmental and everyone makes assumptions.

In the scenario above, I would assume that the gentlemen you have described are English.

Personally, I have neither used nor encountered the term "boom boom" for more than a decade.

You only got ten years? I thought I read it was a lot more than that.