Unsafe at work: Thai experts sound the alarm on Mental Health Day

3. 53

Are Older Men in Thailand Trading Love for Financial Ruin

4. 51

Bangkok Suffers Severe Smog as PM2.5 Levels Soar Amidst Heat Wave

5. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

6. 95

Form 7162 Anybody Received Theirs Yet for 2024?

7. 0

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

8. 2,667

ICE vs EV, the debate thread

9. 68

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

10. 563

White Culture

11. 0

Florida Law Enforcement trying to protect the innocent,ain’t easy!

12. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

13. 34

Tm47 online submission "rejected"

14. 19

Will White Women Shift Away from Republicans to Support Kamala Harris in 2024?

Anyplace To Buy Ground Flaxseed In Town?

Jingthing

You can buy very good whole flaxseed usually at Villa, Best, Friendship, Foodland, etc. (but the stocks can be very erratic, sometimes missing for months). Anyway flaxseed is very healthy to eat but GROUND flaxseed is much better as the whole seeds unless you chew them a lot (and they are so small that doesn't even seem feasible) will tend to just pass through without being fully digested. Anyway, any source of GROUND flaxseed? I doubt it but am asking. You can ground the seeds with a coffee grinder but I don't want to grind anything but coffee in my coffee grinder as it's hard to clean.

Edited by Jingthing

is ground flaxseed part of that whole "chop your carrots up for more nutrients"? whereas they vegetable freaks out when it gets cut and starts to release uhh... the good stuff?

anyway, i would certainly say Villa, but they are completely hard to plan ahead with because they tend to lose stock on so many items that fail to get replenished from week to week. i would just pony up the money and get another grinder and grind your own.

Yes I thought of it, but is seems wasteful, so I used the coffee grinder.

The nutrient issue with small seeds in real. If they aren't broken down, they tend to go through. Larger nuts like peanuts and seeds like pumpkin when you chew them you are breaking them down. Flaxseeds are very small.

Edited by Jingthing

Doesn't Villa have their own coffee grinder? I thought I saw one in there. Ask them if they will grind the seeds for you.

They might allow but I doubt it. They shouldn't mix other stuff with coffee in their grinder anyway. BTW, I did try to smash them in a mortar and pestle but that wasn't really working and would be very slow. Basically, my problem is solved, using my own grinder. I suggest people eating flaxseeds for the health benefits DO grind them. This thread can really be closed except if someone knows a place that sells the ground stuff, which seems unlikely.

• 2 weeks later...

Villa Market did have "Flax Seed Meal" when I was in there a couple days ago. The problem with Villa is they carry stuff, and then don't

for several weeks. I was looking for Oak Bran in there, and they had it. I bought all 3 bags, and then they proceeded to be out for

weeks again. I have no idea who does the ordering there, but they need help.

I did find more Oat Bran at Foodland, Foodland is great and they do understand stock. They just don't have everything I need that sometimes

Villa does. I'll be really bummed if Villa goes out of business, I worry about that whole area, it seems to be hurting.

Yes I thought of it, but is seems wasteful, so I used the coffee grinder.

The nutrient issue with small seeds in real. If they aren't broken down, they tend to go through. Larger nuts like peanuts and seeds like pumpkin when you chew them you are breaking them down. Flaxseeds are very small.

So what's wrong with flaxseed flavoured coffee?

Start a new gourmet trend.

I use ground flax seed on my oatmeal / oatbran in the morning, fantastic Omega 3 source.. I highly recommend it

if you like "things healthy" try boiling up some Quinoa which Villa does not always have but Foodland does, it's a complete protein source

with complex carbs and great fiber. You can add it to your oatmeal or make just about any meal out of it since it has

a neutral flavor, my favorite is adding it to a dish with baked Tempeh. I think it's the perfect super food combo meal.

Tempeh is only available mail order if you live in Pattaya right now, from here http://www.orgathai.com/ (I got mine in 2 days shipping time)