Wingman Needed

Ami

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sympathize with the OP and had trouble finding friends to go to Thai clubs with me at first too. A foreigner going alone to a Thai club where he is the only white person, just standing at a table all alone with a bottle of whiskey, looks a bit of a loser and somewhat creepy. You stand out and it can be uncomfortable for some people. Everyone else there is in a group with friends and you're just there all alone. Going with a friend makes everything much easier and more fun.

Noooooooooooo, if you've got balls (excuse the pun) you can do anything. Just go for it. :)

He's not wanting to go with a friend; he wants to go with a stranger off the internet. A wing man.

'Bandits at 9 o'clock. Wilco, Roger. More ginger?'

and so forth.

You'll worry less about how you look when you're stood there on your own with half a bottle of whiskey...

SC

I probably am going to be sorry I asked but what is more ginger?

What Ho chaps, we have a johnny foreigner here, hope we don't need to dump the crate sausage side.

(Ginger is an old English nickname, usually used for blokes with red hair)

One last thing………Stop using the word; 'Wingman'……Please!

Suspect the OP watches too many bad American sitcoms...:whistling:

And I suggest you have far too much time on your hands to make constant snidey comments.....

I sympathize with the OP and had trouble finding friends to go to Thai clubs with me at first too. A foreigner going alone to a Thai club where he is the only white person, just standing at a table all alone with a bottle of whiskey, looks a bit of a loser and somewhat creepy. You stand out and it can be uncomfortable for some people. Everyone else there is in a group with friends and you're just there all alone. Going with a friend makes everything much easier and more fun.

He's not wanting to go with a friend; he wants to go with a stranger off the internet. A wing man.

and so forth.

You'll worry less about how you look when you're stood there on your own with half a bottle of whiskey...

SC

What Ho chaps, we have a johnny foreigner here, hope we don't need to dump the crate sausage side.

Also a slang for fizzy pop.

Tonto says we should stop using 'wingman'; can we use 'sidekick'? Or 'Kemo-Sabe'?

Toodle-pip - must dash.

SC

and so forth.

SC

Thank you for that I did move to the British Empire when I was 17 years of age but what does more ginger mean in the context of "Wilco, Roger. More ginger?' and so forth." And if he meant it as a name would not he have capitalised it as in Ginger instead of what he wrote, ginger?

Thank you for that I did move to the British Empire when I was 17 years of age but what does more ginger mean in the context of "Wilco, Roger. More ginger?' and so forth." And if he meant it as a name would not he have capitalised it as in Ginger instead of what he wrote, ginger?

Roger Moore - Ginger (no cap, probably a typo)

BTW did you know that if you have a horse that is a bit grumpy, shove some fresh ginger up their backside and it perks them right up.

Roger Moore - Ginger (no cap, probably a typo)

BTW did you know that if you have a horse that is a bit grumpy, shove some fresh ginger up their backside and it perks them right up.

Now that's not what I thought. Ginger was a hero of the Battle of Britain shooting down lots of Germans, I think more than anyone else and Roger is a military term for yes. Of course if Roger means yes, why did he capitalise it. Unless Roger meaning yes should be capitalised, which I don't know not being an English teacher.

I think IJUSTWANNATEACH's reply was rude and mean and should have been removed as it was designed to instigate personalty conflict

And I think Thai people are suspicious of loners , more so than westerners. And I also believe this to be a cultural more, which is course based on racial geographical branching.

OT wants a companion so as to have guidance and support in a quest for dating.

Edited by TigerWan

And I suggest you have far too much time on your hands to make constant snidey comments.....

Hi 'Chivas' did you get it done in Thailand, or somewhere else?

Perhaps you should look up the term before making assumptions about what the OP is looking for. I believe that thaibeachlovers post here, has it spot on. But I suppose that the OP's interest is less offensive somehow?

We will drop the personal attacks. Clear?

<deleted> is a wingman?

This is a serious question, I live here and have never heard of the term.

In this case the term is really taking it into disrepute.

A wingman is a fighter pilot who covers his leaders ass. The leader does his stuff and the wingman covers his ass.

OOOP's perhaps the OP requires someone to cover his ass. :huh:

I'm an American, and I'm not confused. It's just not a term that a mature adult would likely find himself using, IMHO.

Well, maybe not by mature adults. But it's a fairly common word used when talking about going out in my experience

nobody ever see TOP GUN, tom cruise needed a WINGMAN

post-124568-0-99925200-1313145950_thumb.

Your right I do have a lot of idle time on my hands, but at least I get paid for my idle time and making snidey remarks, so it works fo me....:rolleyes:

I'm an American, and I'm not confused. It's just not a term that a mature adult would likely find himself using, IMHO.

Well, maybe not by mature adults. But it's a fairly common word used when talking about going out in my experience

Any American posting that he has never heard of the term "wingman" is either not an American except or a social misfit.

As far as the suggestions to use sidekick, best friend, etc., are you guys for real? Keep the PC crap in the bottle. You can play on the web and be anything you like kids, please grow a set If you are male, call them as you see them.

Jeez the Op is just a gay guy looking for someone to watch his back. Now whether it is just gays that do that ... Let your minds wander.

Your right I do have a lot of idle time on my hands, but at least I get paid for my idle time and making snidey remarks, so it works fo me....:rolleyes:

I could do with paying for my idle time. PLEASE PM me eh. :)

Any American posting that he has never heard of the term "wingman" is either not an American except or a social misfit.

As far as the suggestions to use sidekick, best friend, etc., are you guys for real? Keep the PC crap in the bottle. You can play on the web and be anything you like kids, please grow a set If you are male, call them as you see them.

Jeez the Op is just a gay guy looking for someone to watch his back. Now whether it is just gays that do that ... Let your minds wander.

Sounds a bit kinky. :huh:

When I go out to eat by myself the waitresses in the hiso Farang food place I eat assume my GF is out of town and ask me what time they should come over. I guess that is a Thai culture thing they don't want me to be alone.

Exactly. If by Thai club the O/P means one of those places, that play Thai/Issan music and dance around the table? All he needs to do is walk in plonk his bottle of whiskey on the table sit down and wait. In less than 5 minuets, he wont be alone. He will need to weed out the Boys from the ladyboys, to the girls though. :partytime2:

lb1

That may in fact be his issue... He may need someone to help him weed out the ladyboys.

He asked for a wingman, not a tail gunner

SC

Rather a racist and homophobic post by the OP dont you think.....:rolleyes:

As a young manager he must be excellent with customer services...provided your white, not gay and not mentally challanged....:whistling:

To each his own, yes?

Needed slapping more like!

He asked for a wingman, not a tail gunner

SC

Are WE sure about that. :huh: