New Pizza Shop

aussiechick

Better enjoy it while you can. Judging by the comments of how hard it is to find and how uninviting it is to go in I am quite certain their days are numbered.

As soon as they get some permits and licenses, they will have a sign or two and it will be MUCH EASIER to find.... Oh, Nostradamus...

They already have a sign outside the shop and one is being made for the Beach Road entrance.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better enjoy it while you can. Judging by the comments of how hard it is to find and how uninviting it is to go in I am quite certain their days are numbered.

As soon as they get some permits and licenses, they will have a sign or two and it will be MUCH EASIER to find.... Oh, Nostradamus...

They already have a sign outside the shop and one is being made for the Beach Road entrance.

Stopped in to take a pix just for something to do. Name is washed out because I used my crappy cell phone camera. It's not as bad as I was led to believe but you certainly can't see that tiny sign from the road. Of course that guard post does not help. This is looking towards the beach.

post-96249-0-09828800-1319282855_thumb.j

Edited by ES1

Stopped in to take a pix just for something to do. Name is washed out because I used my crappy cell phone camera. It's not as bad as I was led to believe but you certainly can't see that tiny sign from the road. Of course that guard post does not help. This is looking towards the beach.

And the food? By the way, people are making way too much out of the guard. He is not standing there with an AK47 searching every person, he is normally asleep. He is there, not for people, but to keep cars and motorcycles from going down the road. Where the road goes to, I do not know (rich person's house?). The guard is a non-problem. John told me he was working on a larger sign that will be placed near the beach road. The place is not hard to find and worth the trip or phone call for delivery.

And the food? By the way, people are making way too much out of the guard. He is not standing there with an AK47 searching every person, he is normally asleep. He is there, not for people, but to keep cars and motorcycles from going down the road. Where the road goes to, I do not know (rich person's house?). The guard is a non-problem. John told me he was working on a larger sign that will be placed near the beach road. The place is not hard to find and worth the trip or phone call for delivery.

I didn't try the pizza. I got a burger at Just burger down the street.

Note that the owner is making fresh pizza dough and homemade Italian sausage. I am eagerly looking forward to trying his mushroom and sausage pizza and will do so soon and post the results here. ES1, I think you should try sandwiches and pizza and then post your view (that is fair, right?). Maybe you will actually like it :) By the way, if I do not like a place I say so. I have found nothing to dislike about the new pizza place, but I have only had the corned beef sandwich, potato salad and pickle, all three items were outstanding (and if you like rye bread, it is made fresh and is incredible/wonderful).

Note that the owner is making fresh pizza dough and homemade Italian sausage. I am eagerly looking forward to trying his mushroom and sausage pizza and will do so soon and post the results here. ES1, I think you should try sandwiches and pizza and then post your view (that is fair, right?). Maybe you will actually like it :) By the way, if I do not like a place I say so. I have found nothing to dislike about the new pizza place, but I have only had the corned beef sandwich, potato salad and pickle, all three items were outstanding (and if you like rye bread, it is made fresh and is incredible/wonderful).

You think making their own dough fresh and using italian sausage is somehow unique? A lot of places make the dough from scratch and use imported ingredients. What is with all the shilling around here. First just burger and now this place. Probably all from the same guy who owns both places or their drinking buddies. Edited by ES1

ES1 - It was me that started both Just Burger and del-izza threads - and I am defitinitely not a guy. If you look even further I have written about quite a few places in the area. Isn't that what a forum is about? Letting people know the good, the bad and the ugly?

I have been known to have a drink with Sean from del-izza and Justin from Just Burgers - does that make me biased?

You think making their own dough fresh and using italian sausage is somehow unique? A lot of places make the dough from scratch and use imported ingredients. What is with all the shilling around here. First just burger and now this place. Probably all from the same guy who owns both places or their drinking buddies.

Wow, I give up, you win, congratulations! :) As far as knowing the owner, I just met him the other day for the first time. My only bias is that I have an opinion (shaped from living in the USA) about what is good food and bad food. But it is only my opinion, for what that is worth.

You think making their own dough fresh and using italian sausage is somehow unique? A lot of places make the dough from scratch and use imported ingredients. What is with all the shilling around here. First just burger and now this place. Probably all from the same guy who owns both places or their drinking buddies.

Excuse my ignorance, but what does shilling mean as a verb ? Shillings, as a noun, I remember.

ES1 - It was me that started both Just Burger and del-izza threads - and I am defitinitely not a guy. If you look even further I have written about quite a few places in the area. Isn't that what a forum is about? Letting people know the good, the bad and the ugly?

I have been known to have a drink with Sean from del-izza and Justin from Just Burgers - does that make me biased?

Urrrum....yea it does. Btw, after all the back and forth where it is what the place looks like how to find it can't find it yada yada blah blah I was the only one that bothered to spend 30seconds taking a picture of the places and posting it. Not asking for a medal but to me....that is usable intel compared to all the other wasted posts there.

Edited by ES1

Actually ES1, you could have given yourself credibility by going in and sampling their menu .....although your negativity is helping Deli-zza because I am going there tonight to see for myself. I joined this forum as a newbie because I am new to Pattaya and am looking for a good American food joint. I figure I would be just clueless as you are if I didn't actually go inside and try their FOOD, because I'm pretty sure that they are a RESTAURANT, correct? I will post my thoughts after I actually go EAT THEIR FOOD.

Urrrum....yea it does. Btw, after all the back and forth where it is what the place looks like how to find it can't find it yada yada blah blah I was the only one that bothered to spend 30seconds taking a picture of the places and posting it. Not asking for a medal but to me....that is usable intel compared to all the other wasted posts there.

Actually ES1, you could have given yourself credibility by going in and sampling their menu .....although your negativity is helping Deli-zza because I am going there tonight to see for myself. I joined this forum as a newbie because I am new to Pattaya and am looking for a good American food joint. I figure I would be just clueless as you are if I didn't actually go inside and try their FOOD, because I'm pretty sure that they are a RESTAURANT, correct? I will post my thoughts after I actually go EAT THEIR FOOD.

Ok, so I went in last night to have a look and a bite to eat. First off, it's obviously not the most beautiful place I've been to, but after speaking with the owner I now understand why. These guys don't have a million baht to throw around and they chose to focus primarily on a quality product and a good reputation first and not worry about the little things at this point.

So, after taking a look at the simple but nice menu I chose to have the Reuben sandwich, since it has been such a talked about product. All that I can say is that it was one of the, if not THE best sandwich I've ever had. I could barely finish that thing and I still had a huge pickle spear and baked beans left on my plate. Again, it's not the prettiest place or most visible, but the conversation was great along with quality food - so the experience was one that will make me go back again and again. Next up....their crispy thin crust pizza (which by the way was described to me by the owner as a "Chicago Style Thin Crust" pizza.

I would hope that whoever has posted negative comments about this place WITHOUT actually going in and eating - or at least ordering take away is missing out BIG TIME. Go in and taste for yourself.

What are their daily opening hours? Is it true they are for dinner hours only? Many people would like a deli sandwich during lunch hours instead.

3pm-12am by your command.

As someone who is eternally skeptical about good food in Pattaya (odd how similar to Korea that is)

all I can say is .....

all i can say is........

well

Hey its like I was back in Montreal(hey HABS the greatest city in N America) in 1985 eating the FAMOUS REUBEN SANDWHICH on PEEL ST.

Hard to believe but it's true. Also as authentic as what I found nect to Sharky's pub in Pnom Penn.

This is the REAL DEAL folks...go for it....

The pickle was nice touch too/

Edited by BugJackBaron

What are their daily opening hours? Is it true they are for dinner hours only? Many people would like a deli sandwich during lunch hours instead.

Their official delivery hours are 3pm-12am, although I did ask them about the lunch time thing also. They are open at their location also at 3pm but will close between 10-11 depending on weather and business that night. I was delightfully surprised when they invited me to call them before operating hours after 12pm (lunchtime) and call in an order for a sandwich. They said they would be more than happy to let me come in early or deliver one before advertised hours. Give them a call 087-615-3731. You can see from some other posts that it's definitely worth the extra effort :)

• 2 weeks later...

Stopped in to Deli-zza today, ordered a Reuben, and spoke with Sean & (his Dad) John while they got my order together. These are 2 very nice guys who're very excited about their new resto. They told me about how they make all their own corned beef, pastrami, cole slaw & potato salad and even the chewy rye bread that they serve. Then the sandwich arrived and I gotta tell you, it was great: big, fresh, grilled to perfection... and very delicious. And, they deliver, too. Good luck to Deli-zza; give 'em a try asap!

B)

PS- They also told me they're having traditional Thanksgiving Dinner there too, and plan to charge, "about (yet to be determined) 450 baht pp."

I am so glad that they are getting more customers all the time. Both John and Sean have worked very hard for this and I would like to see them make a success of it .

Stopped in to Deli-zza today, ordered a Reuben, and spoke with Sean & (his Dad) John while they got my order together. These are 2 very nice guys who're very excited about their new resto. They told me about how they make all their own corned beef, pastrami, cole slaw & potato salad and even the chewy rye bread that they serve. Then the sandwich arrived and I gotta tell you, it was great: big, fresh, grilled to perfection... and very delicious. And, they deliver, too. Good luck to Deli-zza; give 'em a try asap!

B)

PS- They also told me they're having traditional Thanksgiving Dinner there too, and plan to charge, "about (yet to be determined) 450 baht pp."

I sort of expected that kind of a reply. I only posted my opinion because the owner delivered a pizza personally to the doorsteps of my condo in Pattaya and asked me where I heard about them. I told him that I read about the place on thaivisa and he asked me to write a positive comment if I´m satisfied. I´m german, 47, been living in Pattaya for 9 months now, and have absolutely nothing to do with the guys of delizza. What else can I say?

I know this place well. So far I've had 5 of their pizzas. This weekend they are planning to have ribs.

Small menu, great food. Prices reflect the honest ingredients.

They are just a few doors in from the 7-11. Don't try to enter the private soi in your car. Park on the beach road. On a bike, for now you can go past the first guard shack and park just inside the condo lot.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Just tried a homemade Italian sausage Hawaiian last night......delicious!

I see that they now have 2 full time staff inside, which indicates they are growing at a nice pace.

The service was quite good and when I found out that my food was made by a Thai, I was very happy because there was NO loss in quality.

Great job guys