American Beer Anywhere?

gk10002000

I have heard the import taxes and markups on foreign beers is pretty high. But are there any places that at least give me the option to pay too much and occasionally buy something besides the usual stuff? I know the Brit pubs carry some of their national brands. Any place to by Blue Moon, Dos Equis, Miller light?

Thanks

On occasion, I have seen Bud and Miller beers at Villa and maybe the Gourmet Market Central Beach...but be prepared to pay 3-4x USA pricing for these not so premium beers.They may also have Corona and of course, the Japanese beers.

Edited by FarangBuddha

Indeed the range of beer choices at reasonable price points are massively better in the US than Thailand.

A funny example. On a recent trip to the US in a local market, Beer Lao was cheaper there than in Thailand. There are lots of craft breweries in the US, but the beer giants there have been buying them up and/or copying them and offering their versions cheaply for years now. Which may not be such a bad thing for consumers, but it makes it real hard for small breweries.

Edited by Jingthing

American beer is like weasel pisss and has a low alcohol content. (Not that I know what weasel pisss tastes like.)

When in Rome.........

The dominant brands, yes, I suppose you're right. But more and more Americans are demanding good beer, and yes there is plenty made in the US.

American Beer? Well Leo, Singha is xxxx times better.

I would prefer a German Weissbier (Erdinger, Paulaner etc.) over a 6 Pack of this terrible US Beer. As alternative try some Sapporo extra dry, I like it!