Windows 7 Machine

NanLaew

I would like to make a computer I built last year more accessible to the Thai members of the household. It has full Windows 7 Professional (English) installed. Since it now needs Thai language, what's the easiest and least expensive way to install/enable Thai language and keyboard support on this machine that already has a licensed version of 7 Professional installed?

Thanks,

NL

You just enable in control panel if you just want to type/read Thai. Believe only ultimate allows for multi operating system language but for normal use all you need is the keyboard/language switch.

Type language in the start bar search and select the region and language and then keyboards and languages and then add keyboard. You will then have a switch available in the task bar to easily change input language.

Control Panel > Region and Language

Click Keyboard and Languages tab

Click Change keyboards... and click Add...

Scroll down to Thai (Thailand), select Thai Kedmanee and click OK.

Switch between input languages using Grave Accent (optional):

Click Advanced Key Settings tab

Click Change Key Sequence...

Under where it says Switch Input Language select Grave Accent (`)

Click OK.

Click Apply > OK.

Thanks for the quick answers. Is the Thai language and keyboard still an option in 7 Home Premium version? This was a copy bought by my late father in the UK and hasn't been used anywhere yet. I will probably install that in the 'family' machine and re-install the 7 Professional version in the newer machine that I will be using mostly.

Thanks for the quick answers. Is the Thai language and keyboard still an option in 7 Home Premium version? This was a copy bought by my late father in the UK and hasn't been used anywhere yet. I will probably install that in the 'family' machine and re-install the 7 Professional version in the newer machine that I will be using mostly.

Yes. That is what most people use. Is your Professional a full retail version (most sold here is not so designed to be used on one computer only). The Home Premium is all most people would ever need.