Thaksin Offers To Be Trade Ambassador

Lite Beer

Thaksin is a smart businessman. He has a real knowledge of the business world. He has all the connections, in Thailand and abroad.

As so plainly proved by the resounding success of the, "Elite Card"

"Now how much is that particular fiasco costing the country now" one asks ?

Since we're on the topic of Elite Cards, airports come to mind..... Which loss of revenue was higher? The Elite card or the (still ongoing) loss of confidence AND revenue during the Yellow shirt airports shutdown. I personally know someone who had lost revenue worth 10M baht - and that is just ONE person!!!

I thought we were on the topic of Thaksin's business acumen, or lack thereof. Don't think the airport shut down tells us anything about that matter, does it?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A very good offer.

Thaksin is a smart businessman.

No he isn't....... he is however a liar, a cheat, a thief and a mass murderer who has made his billions from all the other liars, cheats and thieves who have their tongues well and truly stuck to his backside and the poor innocents who really haven't got the faintest idea what is going on.

Couldn't have put it more succinctly - he is nothing but an obnoxious, murdering, money obsessed, self indulgent criminal and traitor to Thailand and it's hood-winked and manipulated people!!!! :annoyed: Nothing more, nothing less - sums him up in a nutshell I'm afraid and its about time that the Thai's realised it before it is too late!!

Blah, blah, blah ....

Your guru, Mr Sondhi, just had one of his conviction for defamation confirmed.

Thailand is moving forward. If you prefer to get stuck with the whiners, it's up to you.

I don't have a guru, thank you very big.

This is perfect !!!!! Since Thailand is one of the most corrupt countries in SE Asia, what could possibly make more sense than to take a convicted criminal and put him in charge of creating more business for Thailand ? The Elite card worked out so well, I can hardly wait for more brilliant ideas.....

The 300,000 new rai for Thailand is my favorite.

Incoming Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has announced that her Pheu Thai-led government will push forward three mega projects including land reclamation from sea.

According to Ms Yingluck, the three mega projects include land reclamation of 200,000-300,000 rai with an operating cost of 12.5 billion baht per four square metres, rail transportation from Bangkok to other provinces and integrated water management in 25 river basins.

Ex-Prime Minister Pol Lt-Col Thaksin Shinawatra had mentioned the three projects after the Pheu Thai won the 3 July general election, saying the Pheu Thai-led government would undertake those mega projects for growth distribution.

http://www.dredgingtoday.com/2011/07/13/thailand-prime-minister-announces-land-reclamation-mega-project/

=============================================================

It's a suitable replacement for the new province, Nakhon Suvarnabhumi, Thaksin and his cronies wanted to create and reap billions from.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nakhon_Suvarnabhumi_Province

So far so good, I guess we will see how good this governement is or isn't in the end. It would be nice though if the brother would give his sister a chance and stop the drama, OOOOOOO I forgot it is about me, me, me, and me

If this government doesn't live up to there pledges will there supporters here admit to it, doubtfull.

Poor Jurgen.

None so blind as those that do not want see, a little therapy may well work wonders for you Jurgen.

healing-of-the-blind-man-cropped.jpg

As an aside do you favour rampant corruption and nepotism in your home country, did you evade taxes and break the law, are you barred from your country of birth by having your passport withdrawn, do you have a prison sentence waiting for you if you should return ?

If the answers are no why do you support a born again liar and murderer and a corrupt politician,a per diem situation perchance?

Thaksin is a smart businessman. He has a real knowledge of the business world. He has all the connections, in Thailand and abroad.

As so plainly proved by the resounding success of the, "Elite Card"

"Now how much is that particular fiasco costing the country now" one asks ?

Since we're on the topic of Elite Cards, airports come to mind..... Which loss of revenue was higher? The Elite card or the (still ongoing) loss of confidence AND revenue during the Yellow shirt airports shutdown. I personally know someone who had lost revenue worth 10M baht - and that is just ONE person!!!

Balance your alleged 10M baht (*ok, we'll play along since you say so*) against 1 Trillion Baht due in from Elite Card.

Wonderful idea! Thailand appointing an (as of yet) fugitive convicted felon as its trade ambassador.

Just look what a great boon he was in that role for Cambodia, pulling in quadrillions of riels in foreign investment in an instance just by letting his immaculate aura shine.

If he's really so concerned about "the plight of the Thai people" (tears welling up in my eyes), how about liquidating voluntarily just half of his wealth and donating it to the people he apparently loves so much?

The man knows no bounds. If only he could finally take a step back and shut up. He was the problem, he is the problem, and he always will be the problem.

Everyone knows it, except him.

I have copied this from my posting on another thread.

"I have to say that i read with incredulity something quoted by the new finance minister 'Thirachai Phuvanatnaranubala' where he stated that "the inflationary impact of the wage increase would not be severe as it was a one-off event"!!!!

What is this ignorant prat talking about??? If this is the best they can serve up then "god help Thailand":o.

How can the implementation of a wage increase be a one-off event? A windfall tax on the banks IS a one-off tax but a salary increase IS NOT - unless of course he awards it for the first month and withdraws it the next sending people's salaries back to what they were earning the month before.

What a dumbo he must be to get something as basic and fundamental as this wrong!!! How is he going to ensure that inflation doesn't spiral out of control when he clearly doesn't know what he's doing?? Allied to this - nearly all of Yingluck's government's policies are inflationary and with bozo's like him in charge of the finances then it should be fun and games from here on Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!

I bet he was nominated by big brother as he has in all probabiity been planted there to hide or cover up some of his illegal and dodgy past activities - if this is anything to go by, then he might inadvertently end up doing the opposite B).

Come on all you Pheu Thai sympathisers help your new finance minister out of this one if you can!!!! I somehow think that you will find it impossible"!!

But there's the challenge - any willing takers?????

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

Scotbeve.

You could always ask your friend to accompany you to Dubai to seek 10 million baht compensation from Mr.Thaksin.

As I understand it, he (Mr. Thaksin) has an odd 11 billion baht floating about in small change with the promise of more to come. All paid for by the Thai and foreign taxpayers here in Thailand.

Edited by siampolee

Wonderful idea! Thailand appointing an (as of yet) fugitive convicted felon as its trade ambassador.

Just look what a great boon he was in that role for Cambodia, pulling in quadrillions of riels in foreign investment in an instance just by letting his immaculate aura shine.

If he's really so concerned about "the plight of the Thai people" (tears welling up in my eyes), how about liquidating voluntarily just half of his wealth and donating it to the people he apparently loves so much?

The man knows no bounds. If only he could finally take a step back and shut up. He was the problem, he is the problem, and he always will be the problem.

Everyone knows it, except him.

Christ!!! The thought of donating 1 baht of his wealth to the people (with him getting nothing in return for it) would be enough to give him a heart attack!!! - OK, maybe should make this suggestion to him for Thailands benefit!!:D

I still find it incredible that the red apologists on TV assume that anyone who criticises PT/ reds/ Thaksin must be a staunch yellow.

Juergen,, sorry you're so wrong.... It just happens to be so easy to bash PT, reds, Thaksin due to their blatant wrongness: nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't make the badger. Yellow or Dem!

The cost of containing and removing tyrants is very high. The longer you tolerate them the worse it is in the end.

So someone messed up royally, huh! The last I checked a 'Shinawatra' was running the country.

Attempting to, or trying to learn how to (not very well seemingly) is closer to the mark!!:lol:

I bet, Let's start with school supplies shall we? I laugh so much reading the (Pardon Thaskin Party) foreign patriots. Brighter future? Voted by the majority? Before any of the promises can be implemented first above all is let's over turn my brothers and the red shirts (no mention of the yellow scoundrels) convictions (in absentia) pending convictions and get my money back to me. Quote "It's my money and they stoled it from me. I made it and they stoled it"  end quote. Source is a film called "Clear and present Danger"  I'm guessing that most folks on TV has watched, where the US seizes a drug cartel's laundered money and the cartel leader is pissed off. Anywhoooooo back to my rant. I'm sure that after "Justice is served Thailand will benefit from the leftovers once again. I like when I read that some people make mistakes and learn from them and use that same amount of energy that's used to deceive and direct it to honest governing that benefits politicians after the masses are taken care of. I don't fault people to be successful and to work it a little. That is different than pure GREED. :hit-the-fan:

Edited by MILT

"Mr.Thanik said Pheu Thai was ready to return justice to Mr.Thaksin and detained red shirt members..... the party simply wanted to disclose the truth and to do away with unjust treatments which have brought difficulties to Thaksin..."

Seems like the truth has already been establish in Mr. Thanik eyes.

I'm sure there are a number of individuals (the typical grassroots PTP supporter) who are in the Thai jail system due to police fabricating or planting evidence or confessions extracted under physical violence.

Will PTP government return justice to these people and disclose the truth behind the incarceration of these innocents. Or course not don't want to upset the apple cart. Besides both political parties may need the police to shut up their opponents in the future.

The system is rotten to the core and both PTP and the Dems like it that way as it allows either of them to reverse court rulings, protect their own and whitewash their crimes. How PTP or the Dems can accuse each other of corruption, being undemocratic etc. when both of them are equally revengeful, vindictive and self serving.

A very good offer.

How can you make the difference between a winner and a whiner ? A winner is always making plan for the future, a whiner knows only how to cry about the past.

On July 3rd, the Thai people have made their choice clear, they don't want to get stuck with a bunch of sore losers.

It won't stop the whiners, but for the rest of us there is hope for a better future. And we are more than confident with the people in charge

The "people" are in charge? Your average run of the day red shirt protester has something to do with the direction the country will go? Mr. Thaksin will be doing this out of the goodness of his heart ?, to help the country and the people he loves so much? If Thaksin was a man who actually cared about his country and its people he would have come back and served his 2 years(he would be out now)- that would have shown character -which the boy has none of . He has no way to relate to the average red shirt-or by that matter the average any color shirt, nor does he want to , as evidence by his lifestyle while out of the country. If you want the "people" in charge then choose one of the people to lead. Stop pretending that Thaksin represents the people-he no more represents the people then the last government did. I am more than confident Thaksin will come out of this deal a richer man , while helping the "people". I know alot of brothers and sisters that are lots different from each other-you would never know they had the same parents. I hope the sister will do a good job, why must the brother put himself into the equation if he wants whats best for the people?-can he not just shut up and lay low-show respect for his sister, and let her try and do her job. Just another example of his lack of character.

a note on syntax - Jurgen's reference people in charge, refers to the people in authority now, and he was not referring to "the people" as in the Thai people, or the red shirts, etc as your reply indicates that you understood it...

I have copied this from my posting on another thread.

"I have to say that i read with incredulity something quoted by the new finance minister 'Thirachai Phuvanatnaranubala' where he stated that "the inflationary impact of the wage increase would not be severe as it was a one-off event"!!!!

What is this ignorant prat talking about??? If this is the best they can serve up then "god help Thailand":o.

How can the implementation of a wage increase be a one-off event? A windfall tax on the banks IS a one-off tax but a salary increase IS NOT - unless of course he awards it for the first month and withdraws it the next sending people's salaries back to what they were earning the month before.

What a dumbo he must be to get something as basic and fundamental as this wrong!!! How is he going to ensure that inflation doesn't spiral out of control when he clearly doesn't know what he's doing?? Allied to this - nearly all of Yingluck's government's policies are inflationary and with bozo's like him in charge of the finances then it should be fun and games from here on Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!

I bet he was nominated by big brother as he has in all probabiity been planted there to hide or cover up some of his illegal and dodgy past activities - if this is anything to go by, then he might inadvertently end up doing the opposite B).

Come on all you Pheu Thai sympathisers help your new finance minister out of this one if you can!!!! I somehow think that you will find it impossible"!!

But there's the challenge - any willing takers?????

Ok I'll take this one oncoffee1.gif OOops sorry.gif

I still find it incredible that the red apologists on TV assume that anyone who criticises PT/ reds/ Thaksin must be a staunch yellow.

Prove me wrong !

Most of the "democrats" approved the action of the yellows in 2005-06.

They approved the coup.

I'm still waiting for a democrat to step forward and say "Supporting the PAD, supporting the coup was wrong. Thaksin is evil but we should have fight him the democratic way"

Furthermore, I find really ironic that you call anybody who oppose the democrats a "red apologist".

Learn what democracy means then we can talk..

Prove me wrong !

They approved the coup.

I'm still waiting for a democrat to step forward and say "Supporting the PAD, supporting the coup was wrong. Thaksin is evil but we should have fight him the democratic way"

Furthermore, I find really ironic that you call anybody who oppose the democrats a "red apologist".

Like the Democracy of EU=Europe and the USA. Democracy from what region? Trying to help outpost-4641-1156694083.gif in this WPFflags.gif hot debatecheesy.gif

"He added that Mr.Thaksin expects to encourage foreign investors to spend 250 billionTHB in the short term and one trillion within four years."

Sounds very nice, but don't we already have a booming situation. What more can we expect, especially with the worldwide economy still not booming at all?

2011-06-20:

"Thailand’s Board of Investment reports a 5-month investment value of more than Bt200 billion ($6.6 billon), thanks to Investment from Japan and China boosting foreign investment growth to 64%. Total investment in the first five months of this year has already surpassed Bt200 billion, with 725 new project applications with total investment value of Bt208 billion. This amount accounts for more than half of the total target for the entire year 2011 of Bt400 billion. Foreign investment grew by 64 per cent while investment by SMEs expanded by 525 per cent."

http://thailand-business-news.com/investment/30751-japan-and-china-boosting-foreign-investment-in-thailand

Edited by rubl

regarding propaganda :

... very likely the charges & conviction were politically motivated and orchestrated. That's not red propaganda, but a reasonable conclusion.

is the man a criminal if his political enemies, once in power, make certain that he is convicted of something, or event *anything* ? Since the current convictions are clearly political, the convictions lose their authenticity - whether the convictions were correct or not.

Objectively, it is clear that Thaskin did many things while in power to benefit himself and his family. Whether you like him or not, that much is clear. Perhaps his actions were criminal...

But also - whether you like him or not - it is equally clear that the charges and the conviction against him are politically motivated, just as was the dissolution of the PPP, most of the terrorism and arson charges against the red shirts, etc. This entire tangle of recent history is a difficult mess to sort out.

(side note here : Nick Nostiltz's 2 books "Red vs Yellow" are a great help in sorting out current events ! )

And whether Thaskin really offered to be Trade Ambassador or not - as someone pointed out - this was already floated over a month ago... rolleyes.gif

Politically motivated or not, Thaksin never denies what he did, which was in breach of the law, so forgive me, but when someone breaks the law and then cries about it because usually people of their standing manage to dodge around law and find loop-holes, i don't have time to listen or sympathise, be they Thaksin or anyone else.

Not to forget that he also attempted to bribe the judges. Does that mean nothing to you?

mmmm, ... Point 1) Thaskin went to court and pleaded not guilty to the charges. Looks like a denial to me.

Point 2) bribery : does that mean anything to me? ... well, no. But that is only because I do not care what Thaskin did or does. He is not a hero to me, nor is he a villain. On the other hand, I do care about Thailand, and I do what I can...

The original point was about red propaganda, as I recall smile.gif

Cheers,

Tom

A very kind offer from a criminal fugitive that the government says will not be issued a diplomatic passport.

Don't forget, a puppet government installed by coup-makers who illegally overthrew an elected government and trashed the constitution. And, ignored the results of two successive elections.

Ergo: Your point is worse than moot.

a note on syntax - Jurgen's reference people in charge, refers to the people in authority now, and he was not referring to "the people" as in the Thai people, or the red shirts, etc as your reply indicates that you understood it...

How do you know what Jurgen meant? Is he sitting next to you?

This is perfect !!!!! Since Thailand is one of the most corrupt countries in SE Asia, what could possibly make more sense than to take a convicted criminal and put him in charge of creating more business for Thailand ? The Elite card worked out so well, I can hardly wait for more brilliant ideas.....

The 300,000 new rai for Thailand is my favorite.

Incoming Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has announced that her Pheu Thai-led government will push forward three mega projects including land reclamation from sea.

According to Ms Yingluck, the three mega projects include land reclamation of 200,000-300,000 rai with an operating cost of 12.5 billion baht per four square metres, rail transportation from Bangkok to other provinces and integrated water management in 25 river basins.

Ex-Prime Minister Pol Lt-Col Thaksin Shinawatra had mentioned the three projects after the Pheu Thai won the 3 July general election, saying the Pheu Thai-led government would undertake those mega projects for growth distribution.

http://www.dredgingt...n-mega-project/

=============================================================

It's a suitable replacement for the new province, Nakhon Suvarnabhumi, Thaksin and his cronies wanted to create and reap billions from.

http://en.wikipedia....abhumi_Province

Land reclamation from the sea is a horrible idea.

A very kind offer from a criminal fugitive that the government says will not be issued a diplomatic passport.

Don't forget, a puppet government installed by coup-makers who illegally overthrew an elected government and trashed the constitution. And, ignored the results of two successive elections.

It might be if the "elected" governments had not been dismissed twice for ELECTORAL FRAUD :whistling:

Do you *seriously* believe it is acceptable for a government to issue a passport to a criminal fugitive on the run? I'd love to hear your rationalisation.

Edited by Crushdepth

"He added that Mr.Thaksin expects to encourage foreign investors to spend 250 billionTHB in the short term and one trillion within four years."

Sounds very nice, but don't we already have a booming situation. What more can we expect, especially with the worldwide economy still not booming at all?

2011-06-20:

"Thailand’s Board of Investment reports a 5-month investment value of more than Bt200 billion ($6.6 billon), thanks to Investment from Japan and China boosting foreign investment growth to 64%. Total investment in the first five months of this year has already surpassed Bt200 billion, with 725 new project applications with total investment value of Bt208 billion. This amount accounts for more than half of the total target for the entire year 2011 of Bt400 billion. Foreign investment grew by 64 per cent while investment by SMEs expanded by 525 per cent."

http://thailand-busi...ent-in-thailand

"Foreign investment grew by 64 per cent while investment by SMEs expanded by 525 per cent."

If they bring in the 300 baht minimum wage then you can say goodbye to this for a start off!!!!:(

And since we're at it, don't forget: "Remember the Alamo!"

BTW your reply mixes events in such a way as to no longer representing the factual sequence of them. It happened this century, that's all. As for 'two successive elections', which ones ?

Prove me wrong !

They approved the coup.

Jurgen has a fair point, one which lies at the heart of reconciliation. Both sides need to acknowledge and apologies for their mistakes. The problem is neither will (in the current political climate) admit their parties mistakes as there is no guarantee that the apology would be reciprocated and critics would say its too little too late and most likely their opponents would seek to gain politically from this public admission of wrongdoing and cultural loss of face. Taksin will never admit his mistakes, just as the army / dems / PAD / Yellows / UDD (take your pick) will admit theirs.

The term reconciliation is rapidly degenerating into a cover term for "do as I say not as I do."

As for the OPI would love Taksin to be trade ambassador - Thai trade ambassador with a Montenegrin passport - A very bespoke microcosm of the risks of investing in Thailand if ever I've seen one.

mmmm, ... Point 1) Thaskin went to court and pleaded not guilty to the charges. Looks like a denial to me.

More like his lawyers thinking they could get him off on some technicality. Ever since he was found guilty, all i hear from him and his fans is how it was politically motivated. Never about how he was innocent because of such and such.

Point 2) bribery : does that mean anything to me? ... well, no. But that is only because I do not care what Thaskin did or does. He is not a hero to me, nor is he a villain. On the other hand, I do care about Thailand, and I do what I can...

If you don't care what Thaksin did or does it's hard to understand what brought you to a thread titled, "Thaksin Offers To Be Trade Ambassador"

How do you know what Jurgen meant? Is he sitting next to you?

and if I said "yes"??

There is a possible way to interpret Juergen's statement where being comfortable "with the people in charge" could refer to a democratic election and having the Thai people in charge in that they elected a new government, but also in that case, Mike's answer doesn't make logical sense.

Anyway - back to work now... ;-)