Lamina Car Window Film Help

topt

I have read through the posts on this and the varyingopinions. I have recently ordered a truck and as one of the “extras” the dealer agreedto window film – Lamina. He suggested 40% on the front and 60% elsewhere. StupidlyI did not look into this closely before leaving Thailand and havingsubsequently read through the posts I could find on this topic I am now alittle concerned.

From what I can gather there are a number of differenttypes/grades of Lamina as well as % plus I presume different shades. Apparentlythe dealer is giving us “normal and clear – not dark”. The lamina web siteappears to only be in Thai so I am not sure what this means?

Does anyone have a recommendation on the different types oflamina film which are available or an English translation so that I can figureout the relative merits of the different types and probably pay extra for theoptimal option. “Normal and clear” does not sound like it will achieve much?

From the posts I read I am thinking none at all on the frontor something like 20% at most and 40% on the two front side windows – 4 doorcab.

Thanks for any help

I have lamina mirror finish on my Mazda 2, 60% and 40% on front, very pleased with it ,you can see everything very well on night time. much better than the dark film on other cars.

Wonder what would happen if you had an accident with that stuff on the windscreen regarding insurance. :huh:

I have lamina mirror finish on my Mazda 2, 60% and 40% on front, very pleased with it ,you can see everything very well on night time. much better than the dark film on other cars.

Do you know if this mirror finish is across different lamina film types or one only - and does it keep the car cooler?

Wonder what would happen if you had an accident with that stuff on the windscreen regarding insurance. :huh:

Nothing.

Do you know if this mirror finish is across different lamina film types or one only - and does it keep the car cooler?

Yes big difference with internal heat with the mirror finish works well but I also need to change mine as night driving is a pain in the ass and it interferes with my GPS, have ripped half the window film of because of the driving and the GPS ,

Nothing.

Nothing at all when I had a accident.

Mine is the Lamina popular series and named silver it is noticably cooler than the dark tints on Yaris we have

There are plenty of choices for film . Normally they are divided in 4 categories .

Light / heat / reflectivity / UV

Most have a 99% and up UV blockage .

The nr's of all the others very quite a lot depending on the type of film which is used . The color itself is also different on the different types of film used . Do not choose a to dark color for front and side windows or it get's extremely hard to drive at night .

My daily has 80% on all windows and 60% on the windscreen, the film on the screen looks black from outside but is perfectly clear from the inside, I have no idea what actual films they used but they company is a supplier to us and they only use lamina films, I am getting them to put what ever is on the windscreen onto the front doors so I don't have to wind them down to use my mirrors.

Nothing.

Yeah...I hit a kid who ran out in the road one nite and neither the police or my insurance adjuster said anything about my window tints.

Edited by FarangBuddha

Nothing.

Yeah...I hit a kid who ran out in the road one nite and neither the police or my insurance adjuster said anything about my window tints.

Hmmmmmm, l am surprised. :unsure: But then again, perhaps not.

There are plenty of choices for film . Normally they are divided in 4 categories .

The nr's of all the others very quite a lot depending on the type of film which is used . The color itself is also different on the different types of film used . Do not choose a to dark color for front and side windows or it get's extremely hard to drive at night .

So which type will not interfere too much for GPS signal?

Lamina special series L05 quote from their website

The film got in the car and the L05 Digital CTX L15 Digital CTX. new.gifDigital film series X of Castile. For customers who want high-quality color film, featuring the colorful and does not interfere with radio signals. Does not interfere with the radio-controlled vehicle systems such as various sensors. Satellite navigation systems (GPS) or any of Easy Pass.

The film got in the car and the L05 Digital CTX L15 Digital CTX. new.gifDigital film series X of Castile. For customers who want high-quality color film, featuring the colorful and does not interfere with radio signals. Does not interfere with the radio-controlled vehicle systems such as various sensors. Satellite navigation systems (GPS) or any of Easy Pass.

Thanks, do you have a link, I tried to goggle but can't find it.

http://www.laminafil...ilm-special.php in thai so you will have to run it through google translate

Edited by br12stol

[Lamina special series L05 quote from their website

http://www.laminafil...ilm-special.php in thai so you will have to run it through google translate

OK got it, many thanks

Is there a Film that gives good heat reflection but is clear.I hate Tints..Im sure America had one that just hinted blue..?.

Lamina do a "new neutral light" colour and one called "cold tea" both of these are quite light

That's good to hear.So now there is no valid reason apart from showing off, masturbating , or ripped upholstery to justify the Ambulance Windows and Mafia Staff Car Look.:o

Is there a Film that gives good heat reflection but is clear.I hate Tints..Im sure America had one that just hinted blue..?.

Lamina do a "new neutral light" colour and one called "cold tea" both of these are quite light

That's good to hear.So now there is no valid reason apart from showing off, masturbating , or ripped upholstery to justify the Ambulance Windows and Mafia Staff Car Look.:o

Mafia staff car look helps hide white faces that usually when seated behind non tinted glasses are subjected to more invitations to add some chump change to the policeman ball fund.

Being a Part Time Beach Bum, i'm the same colour as Policemen. They have much bigger Balls than Firemen, they sell more tickets.:). Just seen a new Brio driven by Hello Kitty, that black you cant see through the open door.The Big Renters have Brains, little or no tint on them. A bit of extra fuels cheaper than an accident. The Blinged Brio does look Cool, the March looks a bit Autumn, late November, bit drab

Thanks to those who have tried to answer my question -

I have always found any online translation service prone to some innacurate interpretation especially on technical stuff which is why I was hoping for a spec written in English - a forlorn hope I guess...

Spoonman - any idea what the specific film was called?

Thanks to those who have tried to answer my question -

I have always found any online translation service prone to some innacurate interpretation especially on technical stuff which is why I was hoping for a spec written in English - a forlorn hope I guess...

Spoonman - any idea what the specific film was called?

I have the supplier coming in this week so I will ask, check out Llumar.com, English website and they are the makers of Lamina films.