Ghost Hunting In Chiang Mai

ikis

inspired by the topic of Laddaland, i started wondering if there is someone who knows all the places, haunted abandoned houses/moobaans etc etc.to check out?

i googled a lot of that topic and seems like there is a lot ghost stories to tell in northern thailand and chiang mai.

there seems to be some truth in the horrors of laddaland, not just made up stories by some teenager.

has anyone tried to open the vortex to some ghost world by driving three times around the cmu clock tower on wrong direction?

thanks for your info!

http://www.chiangmainews.com/ecmn/viewfa.php?id=3035

http://www.thesuper-girl.com/2011/06/how-about-holiday-at-laddaland.html

Edited by ikis

There's someone not a million miles from me who would really give a house a good haunting, but I don't know how much she would charge.

If there were ghosts and spirits, they'd surely eat the food that's left for them outside their house.

Edited by uptheos

those weird looking houses near lannabowling at the corner of Ram hospital, inside the moat, are supposed to be haunted.

they've been for sale years and years and nobody seems to be interested.

Are ghosts multi lingual?

How does one say "BOO!!!" in Thai?...

And why is the most popular ghost in Thailand called Pancake? :huh:

Edited by sfokevin

those weird looking houses near lannabowling at the corner of Ram hospital, inside the moat, are supposed to be haunted.

Now we're really getting into things supernatural.

Maybe because of the price tag??? Someone told me the asking price is 50 million Baht for the corner lot.

There is the old abandoned house along Bumrungrad Road. It's opposite the side road that goes to the Saiyuri Complex. Apparently haunted, abandoned and ignored.

Go to the farang cemetery late at night when the noise of the 21st century has mellowed. Close your eyes, open your mind and discover who wants to contact you.

The area around Suan Bok Park and Suan Prung Hospital is, according to astrologers who planned the city, bad-luck corner. It used to be an area reserved for storing the dead.Layers of souls are waiting for your visit.

Edited by Loaded

Depends on their previous life education

There is the old abandoned house along Bumrungrad Road. It's opposite the side road that goes to the Saiyuri Complex. Apparently haunted, abandoned and ignored.

Go to the farang cemetery late at night when the noise of the 21st century has mellowed. Close your eyes, open your mind and discover who wants to contact you.

The area around Suan Bok Park and Suan Prung Hospital is, according to astrologers who planned the city, bad-luck corner. It used to be an area reserved for storing the dead.Layers of souls are waiting for your visit.

wheres the farang cemetery wouldn't mind taking some shots there, perhaps book a space whilst i'm at it.

Depends on their previous life education

I mean if anyone saw a Thai ghost would it be able to speak in English, German or French etc, or would it just say boo?

Should I wai a Thai ghost before it wai's me.......what's the protocol and hierarchical ladder here?

While we're on the superstition theme, what do you think about this:

I was riding my mountain bike along the road when I hit a pothole. I went down with a real nasty bang and smashed my head on the concrete too. I was pretty tangled up in the bike and was struggling to set myself free as I lay twisted and confused in the middle of the road.

2 middle aged Thai guys were standing outside a house just 3 meters away from where I went down. Not only did they ignore my cries for help, but they ran inside the garden and shut the gate behind them as if my moans were somehow interrupting their conversation. Anyway, I eventually got myself disentangled and limped back to the condo with blood running down the face.

When I told the lady at reception how I had been left for dead by the 2 blokes nearby, she replied by saying this:

"If the accident looked nasty and they thought there might be a chance you could die because of it, Thai superstition says that the last person to touch you would have bad luck for the rest of their life"

She went on to say that if I hadn't died peacefully then my spirit would haunt the last person to make contact with me on top of them living a life of bad luck and misfortune.

Well, all I can say to that is what a load of ole <deleted>! Thank god Thailand's medical staff have managed to rid themselves of such utter nonsense or we'd all be dead sooner rather than later!

Aitch

Well, all I can say to that is what a load of ole <deleted>! Thank god Thailand's medical staff have managed to rid themselves of such utter nonsense or we'd all be dead sooner rather than later!

Aitch

Interesting story Drew..............but whilst we're mentioning 'ole <deleted>'. rolleyes.gif

Edited by uptheos

While we're on the superstition theme, what do you think about this:

I was riding my mountain bike along the road when I hit a pothole. I went down with a real nasty bang and smashed my head on the concrete too. I was pretty tangled up in the bike and was struggling to set myself free as I lay twisted and confused in the middle of the road.

2 middle aged Thai guys were standing outside a house just 3 meters away from where I went down. Not only did they ignore my cries for help, but they ran inside the garden and shut the gate behind them as if my moans were somehow interrupting their conversation. Anyway, I eventually got myself disentangled and limped back to the condo with blood running down the face.

When I told the lady at reception how I had been left for dead by the 2 blokes nearby, she replied by saying this:

"If the accident looked nasty and they thought there might be a chance you could die because of it, Thai superstition says that the last person to touch you would have bad luck for the rest of their life"

She went on to say that if I hadn't died peacefully then my spirit would haunt the last person to make contact with me on top of them living a life of bad luck and misfortune.

Aitch

They have probably read some of your posts on here and thought it was safer to leave you :D

Because he`s a bit of a tosser.

wheres the farang cemetery wouldn't mind taking some shots there, perhaps book a space whilst i'm at it.

On the Chiang Mai - Lamphun Road opposite the electricity office and just behind the Gymkhana golf course.

There's a plan on the outside of the caretaker's office which shows available plots; only a few left and you have to pass a committee.

Edited by Loaded

There's a plan on the outside of the caretaker's office which shows available plots; only a few left and you have to pass a committee.

Ha, ha, lol :) You'll probably have to pass a few sobbing mourners too on route to the communal plot.

Aitch

Aitch

Interesting story Drew..............but whilst we're mentioning 'ole <deleted>'. rolleyes.gif

Ahh yes, but it was just a figure of speech. All I know about Ghosts, Gods, Goblins, and Mythical Beasts is that they all come out of story books :whistling:

Aitch

Edited by Drew Aitch

What sort of qualifications does a corpse need to have?

Corpses don't book plots.

Potential corpse?

Aitch

Ahh yes, but it was just a figure of speech. All I know about Ghosts, Gods, Goblins, and Mythical Beasts is that they all come out of story books :whistling:

Aitch

Can't argue with that. ph34r.gif

What sort of qualifications does a corpse need to have?

Corpses don't book plots.

Potential corpse?

It seems to me you need to be either a missionary or a member of the Gymkhana club and a Christian.

Perhaps they're haunted by a 40M baht price tag? Scary...

It seems to me you need to be either a missionary or a member of the Gymkhana club and a Christian.

I've a number of former friends residing there, none of them were missionaries, some were members of the Gymkhana Club and amoungst them some Christians, some Buddhists and some athiests.

Cool.....didn't know there was a farang cemetery.

I know not CM....but that big abandoned white building with all the curved balconies down near the river, think its the Saphin Taksin area..is supposed to be well haunted in Bkk.

I would like to go check them out.

My ex wife could see spooks.....she had the gift.