Cyber-Flirting- Is It Cheating?

LadyHeather

I'm betting that on this one, the women say it is cheating and the men say its not.

Let's see how it goes.

I'm a woman and I would say it is cheating.

I am a man and I say it is cheating IF there is not a mutual agreement between the partners that both of them can (and want tp) have their online flirts.

It will get problematic, if one partner wants to flirt online and the other agrees for the sake of the relationship but doe not really like it...

It is definitely cheating if one partner does it without the knowledge of the other

In any case, I think it is dangerous for every relation, as online flirting can evolve and end in more serious actions like meeting and .... - that is why personally, i will never do any online flirts while in a relation and would never accept my GF doing it.

• 4 weeks later...

Spanking graham? I am always pretty randy in the mornings to begin with_no flirting please or JT may show up on this thread.

The way I see it cyber flirting is fun-leaves a lot to the imagination, especially helpful when you have actually come eye to eye with fellow tv members at some bash.

Reality is sobering-even if you are not. Beer goggles are only so good.

:crying:

I am shattered. Absolutely shattered. :(

hehehe...I just saw this thread now.

For the record, and having met in person (in a sober state I might add), Miss SBK is quite stunning.

Spanking graham? I am always pretty randy in the mornings to begin with_no flirting please or JT may show up on this thread.

The way I see it cyber flirting is fun-leaves a lot to the imagination, especially helpful when you have actually come eye to eye with fellow tv members at some bash.

Reality is sobering-even if you are not. Beer goggles are only so good.

:crying:

I am shattered. Absolutely shattered. :(

hehehe...I just saw this thread now.

For the record, and having met in person (in a sober state I might add), Miss SBK is quite stunning.

maybe it was sbk who needed to wear the beer goggles :rolleyes:

Maybe chatting online with someone else with sexual intention] is not actual cheating but it sure as hell means something is wrong in your relationship....or at least I would think so, for me if I would be interested in another guy, I might have to reconsider my current relationship.

I saw an article in a magazine recently, written by a relationship counsellor/psychologist, and the headline was There is No Such Thing as Harmless Flirting

The essence of the article was that it doesn't matter how well intentioned you are, we are all susceptible to flattery, women more so than men (female psychologist, incidentally), and it's only a matter of time before it goes further. It's a little like getting fat in that it happens slowly, and each stage is taken to be the new norm with the intention of permitting it to go no further, but it inevitably does. The next stage is a meeting, and you're on the slippery slope.

• 4 weeks later...

I flirt with SBK all the time-but more of a flirt like "will this post get me suspended again" kinda of thing.

Not the same promising chocolates to migsy I know, but still exciting.

eh? I get a mention?

have you flirted with me?

have I been promised chocolates?

the important part - WHERE are the CHOCOLATES!

:D

I flirt with SBK all the time-but more of a flirt like "will this post get me suspended again" kinda of thing.

Not the same promising chocolates to migsy I know, but still exciting.

eh? I get a mention?

have you flirted with me?

have I been promised chocolates?

the important part - WHERE are the CHOCOLATES!

:D

He was thinking of your svelt figure so he ate them all himself.

Edited by harrry

Migsy gave up beers 8 months ago-but now I realize why you aven't been in arse forum. 8-2 thrashing at the start of the year is bound to give anyone a grudge to grasp tightly onto at night when lying in your bed all alone eating chocolates like sybil fawlty.

Migsy gave up beers 8 months ago-but now I realize why you aven't been in arse forum. 8-2 thrashing at the start of the year is bound to give anyone a grudge to grasp tightly onto at night when lying in your bed all alone eating chocolates like sybil fawlty.

ooh ouch!

(not the chocolates in bed thing but rather the rubbing her nose into the thrashing)

its ok SBK, I dont pay jamesy, or any of the footie boys much attention.....Ive got to learn selective attention to survive the snide (and jealous remarks!) :whistling:

despite all those early season losses, we are still in the race ;)

its amazing, even the teams above us cant help but feel insecure whenever we play well :D (which is quite often! win or lose ;) )

by the way...not been on the ladies forum or elsewhere that much either. life has been busy these past many months.

now back on topic - so james - do you consider you are flirting/cheating when you drool over SBK's whip?

and do you consider it cheating when you secretly are envious of Arsenal? :D

I flirt all the time... don't think I could stop if I wanted to (and I don't really want to)... but most of the time it doesn't lead to anything (and I don't let it lead to anything if I've made commitments not to do so...).

So if just flirting were a problem, I think I wouldn't make a good partner for someone... but I keep my promises not to let it go further, and I wouldn't be so crass as to flirt when a partner was around.

I think as long as the partnership wasn't affected by the cyberflirting, it wouldn't be an issue- but that would mean that the time and emotional space occupied by it didn't encroach on the 'real' relationship.

I believe the issue boils down to: are you and/or your partner monogamous-minded or polygamous-minded? (Not talking about marriage however, just your overall mentality regarding romantic relationships).

If that means you decided drinking beer was a problem for you and stopped congratulations. If you have stayed off that long keep it up. :D

If that means you decided drinking beer was a problem for you and stopped congratulations. If you have stayed off that long keep it up. :D

quit flirting with me about beer ;)

If that means you decided drinking beer was a problem for you and stopped congratulations. If you have stayed off that long keep it up. biggrin.gif

quit flirting with me about beer wink.gif

Sorry bkkjames...l. only flirt with females ...and only when it is deadly serious......It would be deadly..my wife would kill me.

"Cheating", "Not cheating", "Faithful" are only just labels.

What matters is if what you do on-line would offend your significant other (if she/he would know) or not. If it would offend her/him, then you should stop.

What is offensive to the other varies a big deal from one couple to another. Some women, especially Asian, are extremely jealous and are offended when he even looks at another girl, other have no problem if he has sex with another, as long as he uses protection.

So don't look too much for labels, instead focus on his/her feelings and have respect for that.

Do you think its cheating if you or your spouse has a sexual or emotional relationship online? There are married people that hit on others online, is it simply the same as flirting? Or is it wrong? If you are in a serious relationship how would you feel if you found out your partner was "seeing" someone online (no physical contact).

To me, cheating is more about the emotional lie than the sexual lie, so I would say that if you are lying, its cheating.

Maybe first question is to ask why your partner has a need ?. Is there something missing ?

• 6 months later...

100% it's cheating. It drives wedge between you and your supposed loved one and causes you to drift from the relationship.

What ever happened to communicating with each other? Sharing when ups and downs, the ebbs and flows to care for each other in moments of need or feeling needed more?

Never claimed to be a smart, rich man only hardworking with a big heart.

---------------

To love me is to know my heart and completely love it.

---------------

The foot only feels the foot when the foot feels the road. -Buddha